The Wire discussion

Obama and The Wire, Omar

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffschneider) http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/...
========
Michael Kostroff, an actor who was in town to volunteer for Obama and had a chance to meet him, told the Sun that Obama’s favorite TV show is his own: HBO’s “The Wire,” which chronicles Baltimore’s violent drug culture and the police who quixotically try to stop it. Obama told the Sun his favorite character is Omar, a stick-up artist who steals from drug dealers and then gives the loot to poor people in the neighborhood. “That’s not an endorsement. He’s not my favorite person, but he’s a fascinating character.”
=========

Kostroff plays Levy.

message 2: by Edan (new)

Edan | 39 comments I love it! I heard that Obama missed the first episode of Season 5, however, due to some stupid debate. Come on, where are the man's priorities?!

message 3: by KC (new)

KC Omar returns in Ep. 3. I am thrilled. I have to admit that in the absence of the brilliant Stringer Bell - Omar has become my favorite.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 10 comments I don't know, I've kind of come around on Marlowe. Last season, I thought he was just vacant, a true sociopath (which he might be), but now with his incredible arrogance and his laconic style (I think his dialog is really well-written), I find myself looking forward to the Marlowe scenes.

And of course Chris and Snoop are the highlights of every show. I'm rooting for a titanic encounter between Omar and Chris and Snoop.

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffschneider) Marlo

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige | 3 comments Michael K. Williams (Omar) is so fantastic! The interview he gave to Terry Gross on Fresh Air (the link above) is a must-listen for any fan. It made me realize how much Williams' enormous charm has a lot to do with the development of Omar's character.

I didn't realize that Williams discovered Felicia Pearson (Snoop) -- but he talks about her in the interview. Also, how he came to get his beautiful scar.

message 8: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffschneider) Do you know Snoop has a book?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessica_swan) that is too funny. that just made Obama go up a million points in my book. Omar has a lot of heart.
A man's got to have a code.