Harry Potter discussion

Questions > Which Book Has Been Your Favorite, So Far?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Angel | 5 comments Obviously, all the Harry Potter books aren't out yet (can't wait until July 21st!!) but of the six books thus far, which is your favorite?

Mine is i Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire i .

message 2: by Elham (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:32AM) (new)

Elham | 4 comments All the HP series are really great and it's hard to choose only one book. But my favorite Harry Potter is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I found it so interesting...!

message 3: by Emily (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:32AM) (new)

Emily | 2 comments My favorite book would have to be Order of the Phoenix. Have you guys seen the movie yet? I can't wait for Deathly Hallows!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE OOTP, but Prisoner of Azkaban really got me emotionally involved in the story. When Harry heard his mother screaming for his life to be saved, I imagined my own mother in that scenario and cried! Then I continued bawling my eyes out when Cedric was murdered and Amos Diggory was screaming. MAN!

OOTP really got me when I found out about Neville's parents. Neville has such a special place in my heart!

message 5: by Alien (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Alien  Citizen | 14 comments I agree...I Love Book 4 but then I'm not done with book 6 yet and it is so exciting!

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) My favorite (from books 1-6) is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, mostly because I'm a sucker for time travel stories & because I love how Harry saved himself. I still have a fond spot for book # 1 also. I love all (6 thus far) of them although book 2 was my least favorite.

message 7: by Kathryn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Kathryn There are parts of every book I completely adored but I would cite OotP as my favourite because it's the angstiest book and that's what I find most fascinating to read about.

message 8: by Tina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Tina | 5 comments I love all of them. I think my favorite one is The Goblet of Fire. I love the movies but I wish that the Goblet of Fire was more true to the book.

message 9: by Sfdreams (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Sfdreams | 4 comments Besides the first book, which I dearly loved, The Goblet of Fire was my favorite. I am currently re-reading the Order of the Phoenix in preparation for the movie, and am surprised by how much I had forgotten! Plus, some things in the book seem more significant this time around because I already read book 6. I may have to go back and re-read them all!

message 10: by Jayme (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Jayme | 13 comments I think the HBP is my favorite, it just gets so good! I can't wait until the last book comes out, I've got all these theories of what will happen and I want to see how wrong I am :)

message 11: by Shannon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Shannon Half-Blood Prince is my favorite, because there so much Ron & Hermione! Before that I liked Goblet of Fire best, for the same reason.

message 12: by Danyelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

Danyelle | 4 comments I really liked THe Prisone of Azkaban. It was a fun and interesting story, and I really like Sirius. I also LOVED The Order of the Phoenix. Neville was such a cool character and it was nice to see him step up and become the hero he became in the Deathly Hallows.

message 13: by Taraneh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Taraneh | 2 comments all of them but the last one -Deathly Hallows-is more exciting,specially chapters 33 and 34.Harry Potter is the best;)

message 14: by GolnOusH (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

GolnOusH Ashouri | 1 comments 4th book of harry potter IS THE BEST...

message 15: by Denta (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Denta | 6 comments Deathly Hallow! Make all HP fans fell in love with Severus.

message 16: by Kirk (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Kirk | 10 comments 7 all the way...but 5 comes close in second. OOTP is just awesome and DH answers all my questions...just as well because J.K. Rowling would die of email overdose if she didn't answer all the questions.

message 17: by Mike (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Mike D. | 7 comments After reading Deathly Hallows, I would say that one.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 30, 2007 07:35AM) (new)

I think it's a tie between Deathly Hallows and Goblet of Fire for me.

message 19: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Jane It's always been Prisoner of Azkaban until HBP and Deathly Hallows.

message 20: by Anna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Anna (equinoccio) | 1 comments To be honest, I've learnt some paragraphs from the Prisoner of Azkaban... so it would be self-explained. Or at least I think so.

Harry was very innocent back in the first to third books and I absolutely adored his ability get impressed at everything. That changed after the fourth and well, you know, he grew up and all.

message 21: by Reza (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Reza | 3 comments TO BE HONEST, after book 4 everything got smashed! I mean the books 5 6 and 7 are awful, but the rest are nice.
then I would choose The Goblet of Fire,
Good luck

message 22: by whichwaydidshego (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 12 comments Fascinating, the different perspectives! Previous to book 7 I would have said book 5, The Order of the Phoenix, was hands down the best. Now it's nearly a tie, but book 7, Deathly Hallows, may JUST edge out 5, but mostly because of the completion factor... and Neville!

The interesting thing is each successive book depends and stands on those that came before because they weave together beautifully and build perfectly, so to say that I prefer later books is also a reflection on the predecessors.

message 23: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments How could anyone not love all of them! I could never choose between them. They are all like my best friends!
If you haven't read seven and you love every harry potter charactor, be prepared to cry!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I would have to say that it is between Deathly Hallows and The Order of the Pheonix.but, ya, something horrible happens in book 7...

SPOILER ALERT!

Mad-eye and Fred die, to name a couple.

message 25: by Saybaar (new)

Saybaar | 6 comments Interesting...I like the 5th,6th, and 7th books best, actually, but some of my friends disagree as well. I would have to say the 6th is probably my favorite because Harry acts like a hormone-crazy girl in the 5th one and the 7th one doesn't have school in it, which disappointed me. The 6th one is cool as well because Draco gets some character development! -le gasp-

message 26: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments i love the 7th, 3rd and 6th, in order. saybaar, i agree with what you say about the 5th book. but they were all soooooo wonderfully amazing and addictive! <3

message 27: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 8 comments My favorites are the first and last. I love them all but for some reason, #3 is my least favorite. I dont't know why.

message 28: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin My favorite is the 7th one. Before it came out, it was 5 and 6. 6 is my favorite one at school, 5 is the one after that, and 7 is my most favorite.

message 29: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 6 comments Book 6. I love how moody and hormonal are the kids are. Plus, it's where we get to see who Voldemort really is. Wonderful!

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (d3adlybutl0vbl3) | 6 comments i love the half blooded prince

message 31: by Allie (last edited Apr 19, 2008 02:24PM) (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 155 comments The third and last one-- I HATE OOTP.

message 32: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments For me, the top is the 7th, then the 3rd, then the 6th. I agree with Allie; OOTP really sucked. He was way 2 sensitive and emotional!

message 33: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I love the first two, and the last two, I also like Goblet of Fire A LOT

message 34: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture It's a tie, I guess between Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows. I can't choose between those two! My least favorite is Chamber of Secrets (still like it a lot though!)

message 35: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 155 comments in OOTP harry has a serious temper problem... it's annoying.

message 36: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh Deathly Hallows!!
But i raelly liked Half-Blood prince also...

message 37: by Charli (new)

Charli | 11 comments i luv the seventh cus hes older its more interesting and his hearts really in the book

message 38: by Dena (new)

Dena | 12 comments Loved 3, 5, 6, and 7.

message 39: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 50 comments Regarding Harry's temper in Order of the Phoenix: That's the whole point of the book -- that Voldemort has access to Harry's brain, thus the occlumency lessons. Harry isn't this temperamental in any other book. It is that stark of a difference: Voldemort's anger and misery is being expressed through Harry.

When I first read Order of the Phoenix, I thought that Harry was having a terrible case of adolescence, but it is Voldemort. And exacerbated by Umbridge being horrible and Dumbledore not talking to him.

message 40: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture I like what you said Cathy. When people complain about Harry being angst-y in OotP, I often think about what he's been through. Then I wonder why he's NOT angst-y in all the other books!

message 41: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Smith (mommy0103) | 8 comments I completely Agree with Nikki, that is so Ironic! It's a tie for me between Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows as well I just can't choose between those two! And my least favorite is also Chamber of Secrets.

message 42: by Susie/Ashmoon (new)

Susie/Ashmoon (snicolaysen18) Same here

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 3 comments my favorite i think by far is the last one.
harry potter and the Deathly Hallows.

message 44: by Susie/Ashmoon (new)

Susie/Ashmoon (snicolaysen18) i think i like that one better than OFP. (order of the Phoenix)

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie | 67 comments They're all good, which is why I've read each several times, but I've probably only read Order of the Phoenix twice because it is a bit depressing with no one believing Harry and Dolores Umbridge as 'High Inquisitor'

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) 7 then 3 then 1, but all of them really

message 47: by Nahid (new)

Nahid (nahidi) 3, but really all

message 48: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments my favorites are the third and the first. least is the sixth, even though we learn alot about voldemort and the horcruxes in that book.

message 49: by Kanika (new)

Kanika (kanikasood) | 113 comments I liked book 7,5 and 3 the best but i think The chamber of secrets was my least favourite because i thought it was boring!

message 50: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments chamber of secreats rox!

« previous 1 3