Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Archives > Abby/UTC

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail/Ladyvolz (new)

Gail/Ladyvolz Bowman (ladyvolz) | 343 comments This is what I was trying to add to the AOL board when I couldn't get on and then gave up and forgot.... UT Chattanooga (men) won the Southern conference championship and a trip to the NCAA. The coach told the dance team that he would do everything in his power to take them with the team to the 1st round game. The cheer team goes automatically. SOOO UTC was a 16th seed to play UCONN in Philadelphia on a Thursday. On Monday we found out a donor stepped forward to pay to send the Dance Team to the game although the University had to buy the girls' tickets to get into the game since they were not part of the "official party". That was 10 tickets at $71 each! Abby was so excited. They flew up on Tuesday and she was able to tour Philadelphia a little on Wednesday. Of course UCONN blew the Mocs out of the water and she texted me all through the game complaining about the officiating but she did get to go AND she saw a little bit of history in Philadelphia, bought a Ben Franklin hat and glasses, wore them the two days she was there and other than being unhappy about the loss, had a great time.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3794 comments that's pretty cool, gail. what an exciting experience for her!
sorry (not really..LOL) that my huskies won that one!
here's hoping they do the same thing to michigan state tonight!