75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Completed) > Mary's 75+ Books 2009

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) Greetings, All!

I know I'm a bit late getting started, so here's everything that I have a record of reading so far, since January 1st:

1. 7th Son Book Two - Deceit (audio)
2. Abarat, Book 1 Abarat
3. 7th Son Book Three - Destruction (audio)
4. The Tapping Cure A Revolutionary System for Rapid Relief from Phobias, Anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and More
5. Shadowmagic (audio)
6. Bait and Switch
7. Brave Men Run - A Novel Of The Sovereign Era (audio)
8. Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry 5)
9. Heaven (audio)
10. Heaven - Season Two Hell (audio)
11. Polyamory Roadmaps for the Clueless & Hopeful
12. The Pillars of the Earth
13. Thought Vibration Or, The Law of Attraction in the Thought World
14. Heaven - Season Three Earth (audio)
15. A Stroke of Midnight (Meredith Gentry 4
16. The Secret Life of Bees
17. Heaven - Season Four Wasteland (audio)
18. Tao Te Ching, 25th-Anniversary Edition
19. The Glister A Novel
20. Abarat, Book 2 Days of Magic, Nights of War
21. A Witch Shall Be Born
22. The Four Agreements A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, A Toltec Wisdom Book (audio)
23. Twilight

I will keep adding as I progress. Looks like I need to get on the ball if I'm going to complete this challenge by the end of the year. But I don't think it will be a problem; since getting my Kindle last month, I've been reading alot more! :)

~Peace

message 2: by Karol (new)

Karol Mary,

Welcome! It's never to late to join in. I'm glad you've joined the "75" challenge - and I'm betting you'll make it.

message 3: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) 24. The Host A Novel
25. (collected short stories for online book clubs, batched together to count as one book) 1) & 2), The Lady or the Tiger? & The Discourager of Hesitancy; 3) The Red One; and 4) "The Coach" from Tales Of The Uneasy

message 5: by Meghanly (new)

Meghanly | 253 comments Looking good, Mary! We are happy to have you!

message 6: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) Thanks! :)

Here's another:

28. Afraid

message 10: by Karol (new)

Karol Mary, you certainly are reading at a fast pace.

I'm curious - I tend to really enjoy fiction and non-fiction having to do with legal/courtroom settings. There are several books with the title "Closing Arguments". Who was the author of the one you read, and what did you think of it?

message 12: by Mary E. (last edited Jun 08, 2009 07:06AM) (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) This "Closing Arguments" was by Sarah Avery (for convenience I embed links here, so anyone can just click thru to the book description if curious). It wasn't a legal/courtroom setting, however. It was about Pagan siblings communicating with their recently departed parents from beyond the grave to tie up loose ends. Good, quick read.

I find that I read alot faster since I got my Kindle in February. I'm throughly addicted! :)

~Peace

Kay wrote: "Mary, you certainly are reading at a fast pace.

I'm curious - I tend to really enjoy fiction and non-fiction having to do with legal/courtroom settings. There are several books with the title "Cl..."

message 13: by Karol (new)

Karol Mary wrote: "This "Closing Arguments" was by Sarah Avery (for convenience I embed links here, so anyone can just click thru to the book description if curious). It wasn't a legal/courtroom setting, however. It ..."

Mary, well - I am just going to have to try a Kindle! And as for "Closing Arguments", although it's not what I expected from the title it certainly sounds like a very intriguing premise.

message 17: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) Wow I'm long overdue, I haven't updated this list since July. I think this one will push me over the top:

66. The Thirteenth Tale
67. Bloodring
68. Touch the Dark
69. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Glycemic Index Weight Loss
70. Thunderbird Falls
71. Jack and Mr. Grin
72. Paranoia (audio)
73. Vicious Circle
74. The Martian Chronicles (re-read)
75. The Awakening

Yep, all done! Now I'm gonna keep updating as I go, over on the 100+ Books group. Hope to see y'all there!

Happy Reading!

message 18: by Karol (new)

Karol Hey, congratulations, Mary!

Feel free to continue to log your books here, too - I always enjoy seeing what folks are reading.

message 20: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4124 comments Mod
That is an awesome list Mary, and 100 books to boot!

message 22: by Karol (new)

Karol Mary, thanks for the updates!

message 24: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) I'm halfway through my last novel of 2009, so I'm going to close out my list for the year:

119. Dragonswan
120. Poison Sleep
121. Dead Reign
122. Destined for an Early Grave
123. Soulless
124. Earthcore (audio)
125. Rosemary and Rue
126. Winterbirth CR will finish 12/31/09

message 25: by Karol (new)

Karol That's a lot of great reading, Mary.

Happy New Year to you!

message 26: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) Same to you and yours, Kay. I'll see everyone in 2010, I'm doing this one again! :)

Peace