Punk, Post Punk and Rock Discussion discussion

Rock > Favourite Bands

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.W. (last edited Mar 23, 2013 05:28AM) (new)

J.W. Griebel (jengri) | 35 comments Mod
So what are your favourite rock bands?

message 2: by Zoran (new)

Zoran Krušvar | 30 comments The term "rock" is so wide, that I have no idea what to say :-))) I guess Bob Dylan or Nick Cave or something like that would fit here.

message 3: by Zoran (new)

Zoran Krušvar | 30 comments Also, I love the band "Rasputina" but I have no idea what kind of genre that is :-)))

message 4: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (sandsnek) My favorite band of all time is rise against...
Other than that it's hard for me to say, My favorites change so often.
Avenged sevenfold and disturbed are always great, and lately I'm in love with trivium.

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (sandsnek) Also, Third eye blind has to be on my list of all time favorites. :P

message 6: by Nermin (new)

Nermin  (narminstaley) | 65 comments Mod
Mostly grunge, progressive rock, indie rock bands. They are too many to name really.

message 7: by Alex (last edited Apr 07, 2013 03:37AM) (new)

Alex  | 33 comments Queen, duh. Whose favourite band isn't Queen? Sheesh.

Oh, me. Yes are my favourite band, actually.

message 8: by Nermin (new)

Your favorite band is Queen, Alex? like seriously?

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex  | 33 comments Nermin wrote: "Your favorite band is Queen, Alex? like seriously?"

Yeah, definitely one of. You've not lived and loved music until you've appreciated Queen and Queen II. I think the run of albums Queen put out in the 70s is pretty unequaled. I love them all. But it's hard to pick a favourite. There's Pink Floyd too, of course..

message 10: by Nermin (new)

I don't why but I thought you weren't very serious. Oh well, I like Queen too, they are not one of 'most' favorite bands though.

message 11: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (luridandlaughing) | 41 comments My favorite band is Tool. I like progressive rock and post-punk the best.

message 12: by Dani (new)

Dani Host As mentioned above, the term "rock" can be understood in many different ways. I will use it in the broad sense and state my favourite bands that, somehow, can all be defined as "rock" in one way or another:

Nick Cave
The Cure
The Mission
The Cult
Paradise Lost
Anathema