David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Ice Country (The Country Saga, #2)
This topic is about Ice Country
Archives (Book of the Month) > April 2013 BOTM - Ice Country

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Discussion for Ice Country!!

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I will buy it when it releases, but I probably won't get to read it yet. I want to read the Star Dwellers and the Sun Dwellers first. And then, of course, Fire Country! I'm so behind!

Margaret Why is Ice Country not available for pre-order on Kindle?

Laura | 17 comments Im currently reading fire country and hope to have it done for release date. I loved the Dweller series and cant wait to see how they both tie in on the 4th book for both series :D

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Kayla (aka La-la) wrote: "I just finished Fire Country. I read the teaser for IC at the end and I have to say Im a bit sad that this isn't a direct continuation of Sienna and Circs story. :(
Don't worry though-Im looking f..."

Trust me, you will not be disappointed! :)

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Margaret wrote: "Why is Ice Country not available for pre-order on Kindle?"

Sorry everyone, I try to avoid poking around in threads about my books so you can discuss them honestly, but I was curious as to what people were saying before Ice Country came out and I saw this question :) Margaret, unfortunately, to my knowledge, there's no way for Indie authors to make their books available for preorder. I wish I could, that would be AWESOME! But I will definitely let the group know when it's out, on April 4th! Thanks for all the support!!

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments I'm looking forward to the book coming out, and will be constantly checking for it being available on April 4th so I can grab it as soon as possible and start reading! :)

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Woot, woot, 3 MORE DAYS!!!!

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Eek! Yayyyyyy!!!!!

message 10: by Victoria (last edited Apr 01, 2013 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments YAY! :)

OMG! I haven't been waiting this eagerly for a book to be released since Harry Potter!

message 11: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I can't wait to hear what you all think of this :).

Jenelle | 23 comments yay! was just coming to say we should read this next! I just bought it and shall start reading it as soon as i finish my current book. Can't wait!

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I bought my ecopy ad well!

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments I brought my copy too. Planning to read it today! :)

Jenelle | 23 comments I really enjoyed this book! It was fun to get a new, alternative perspective of the characters in Fire Country.
I love the cursing...the use of elements as curses ends up with some amusing lines like "hot as chill" :P

Can't wait for Water and Storm Country!

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments I read the book yesterday; it was fantastic! Well, we all expected it would be, but I have to say it so you know it didn't disappoint. ;)

I'm not usually a fan of cursing in books, but when it's done in a creative way like this I can't help but love it. Excellent idea; very imaginative!

I love the world David's created, and think the characters he's created to inhabit it are excellent!

message 17: by Karen’s Library (last edited Apr 06, 2013 10:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yaay, so glad everyone else is loving this one as well! (view spoiler).

In all of his books there are these incredible friendships and loyalty! I think that's one of the reasons I love them so much! That and the teasing banter of the dialogue! I guffaw out loud at their antics! I always want all of his characters to come home with me and be my new besties. It feels like they're real and alive! I get soooooo immersed in this world and in these books! Heheheh...

message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael Long (mplong) I'm not usually a fan of cursing in books, but when it's d..."

Yeah for me it didn't bother me at all...it was hardly noticeable and very creative. I contrast that to something like Wool where the profanity just started coming in the middle of the novel and was way distracting.

I really loved this book...it was great and I can't wait to read the next one. This one had romance, friendships, mystery, world building...everything I would expect from David Estes

message 19: by Victoria (last edited Apr 06, 2013 11:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments Karen: Yes, the characters seem very real, and you can just imagine yourself among them as one of their friends.

Michael: My feelings exactly!

Elisa | 24 comments Karen wrote: "Yaay, so glad everyone else is loving this one as well! [spoilers removed].

In all of his books there are these incredible friendships and loyalty! I think that's one of the reasons I love them..."

This is exactly why I love all his books too! The books alway have strong friendships and loyalty. I also love that the girls are never weak. I would hang out with any of his characters.

If anything, the girls in this book are stronger than the men! Love that! ;)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments And they're strong because they had to learn to be, not just because they are, if you know what I mean.

message 23: by Amanda (last edited Apr 17, 2013 08:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (amandafoxy) | 31 comments Darn work! I haven't even started yet and it's killing me. Can't wait for school hols. to start at end of this week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments It'll be worth the wait, Amanda! :)

Kayla (YABCA) wrote: "50%
Pretty excited about the latest character appearance!!!
[spoilers removed]"

Oh trust me.... The last half will blow you away then!

Patricia Hamill (patricia_hamill) | 1 comments I love the "icy" misuse too! Just finished reading in the nick of time. I worried I'd miss the April BOTM completely, but thank goodness for vacations.

I agree with Kayla that the character appearance mid way through was awesome. I was hoping something like that would happen.

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4456 comments Glad you were able to read it before the month was out, Patricia, and that you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did! :)

Wow, mostly 5 star ratings on this one! Glad to see everyone loved it as much as I did!!