Lock and Key Lock and Key discussion

Ending... What you think? ( Spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ihilani I really wish Ruby realized all she had to do was talk to Nate instead of ending it right there even though she knew ho happy he made her :(

Rachel Hanak she should have stayed with him to give him moral support and helped him get through it i mean i get that she couldn't stand to see him suffer but still amagine what he is going through

Ihilani Rachel wrote: "she should have stayed with him to give him moral support and helped him get through it i mean i get that she couldn't stand to see him suffer but still imagine what he is going through"

totally! he needed her and she just gave up.

Rachel Hanak Even I could tell she ment a lot to him and would be worn down enough to let her help him instead of just not wanting to be around him when his dad abuses him.:( I mean couldnt she tell that it would be harder on him if she left.

Ruby I liked the ending! I think that it is smarter for an author to leave a book on the cliffhanger instead of telling you everything. It's like in Mockingjay. They tell you that Katniss and Peeta married and had kids. (sorry if that was a spoiler). I like to be creative after I read a book. I would have rather had Mockingjay end without us knowing everything. Then you could make your own scenario on what happened after. In Lock and Key, they end it with Ruby graduating. She is also on friendlier terms with Nate. If the story had told you about everything: Ruby went to college... and then she worked as a lawyer with her sister... and then she married and had a boy and a girl, the story would be less interesting. I like the fact that the author ended the story on a happy note, and we get to use our imagination about the overall ending.

Rachel Hanak Maybe but she also gave him the key and that was so cool but still she realized her mistake a little to late and had to go through a nerveraking faze trying to find him and could have avoided it if she just stood by him and to get through it with him. She dealt with her mom for years and she couldn't go through it with Nate her sister could have helped for crying out loud

Maria I liked how the book ended because there were no guarantees. I sure Ruby and Nate got to together in college if the phone calls and messages are any indication (it was so sweet and bittersweet)This was about Ruby being able to feel again without having to babysit her mother and wondering what happened to Cora. It was accepting that you can be loved and care for others, even complete strangers who become your real friends. But I like to know what happens in the end for most books but with Sarah Dessen I can deal with it, I love her novels!

Leesa I was disappointed that she and Nate didn't get together and originally I felt like the end was incomplete but then the more I thought about it the more I realized that her giving him the key was an ending of sorts, it was her way of making the promise that they would meet again. However, I wouldn't mind if Sarah Dessen decided to write a sequel.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

i was so mad they didn't stay together and that she gave him the key it was an ending of sorts but even though Sarah doesn't do this.... she so should write a sequel where they meet again and he still has the key and they fall in love and she apologizes for leaving him just when he needed her ...........and i kinda was wondering what happened with cora....... and jamie

message 10: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah i think it was a awesome book. i absolutely love Ruby and Nate and how Sarah Dessen managed to pull the book together .

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah good job

Hannah Ruby wrote: "I liked the ending! I think that it is smarter for an author to leave a book on the cliffhanger instead of telling you everything. It's like in Mockingjay. They tell you that Katniss and Peeta marr..."

I completely disagree. Ilike it when the author ends the book so you know what really happens in the ending. I hate cliffhangers. I like definite endings, not possible endings you have to think up for yourself. When I read a cliffhanger book, I always react with 'NOOOOOOOOOOO, I dont know exactly how it ends for them!!!!!!!! GGGRRR I dont know if she meant to end it as you imagine a horrible ending or a happy ending'

message 13: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I like it. It wasn't a cliffhanger, but the story was left...not unfinished, but uncompleted. Ruby and Nate are going to end up together. It's pretty obvious.

Sandra =) Sad but, who knows what happened/will happen next/to them?

message 15: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie I like the way Sarah Dessen writes it's real. Think about it. When you are young you think you will be with your boyfriend/girlfriend forever, but in reality, life happens you all have choices to make and that includes often dealing with abuse by leaving a bad situation for an unknown one, things like moving and college. It changes everything even if in many romances we all secretly want the HEA ending. So this ending makes it more real to me.