YA Addicts discussion

Talk about books > What's your favourite series?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Milana (milanaa) | 110 comments Mod
I have been looking for some more good series to start and thought everyone could share their favourite series :) You might end up finding something you love here so feel free to list any series's you really enjoyed!

My favourite series are:
Perfect Chemistry
Vampire Academy
Bloodlines
Graceling
Obsidian
Half-Blood
more to come...

message 4: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Richa wrote: "My faviourite series
Touch of frost
Born at midnight
Sea breeze
Inescapable
Vampire Academy
Perfect Chemistry
Playing for keeps"

I loved the sea breeze series . Which one was your favourite?

Leigh (bibliosky) (leighsalv) Mine is the one and only ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis :) and since you guys have read the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, should I read TMI first or TID?

message 6: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Leigh (Little Book Star) wrote: "Mine is the one and only ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis :) and since you guys have read the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, should I read TMI first or TID?"

I would reccommend mortal instruments, altough you can read Infernal Devices if you prefer

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Leigh (Little Book Star) wrote: "Mine is the one and only ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis :) and since you guys have read the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, should I read TMI first or TID?"
Across the Universe is AMAZING! and I'd recommend TMI first, since it came out first.

Heathersbookreview My favorite series at the moment is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Currently the books are
1. Shatter Me
2. Destroy Me *a short novella told from Warner's POV
3. Unravel me

She is coming out with a third book but it probably won't be released until 2014. Unravel Me recently came out and I was so excited to get it. Here are some reasons why I love the series so much

1. Characters aren't too overbearing. Mafi makes sure each character gets a significant amount of spotlight in the book and everything is balanced out.
2. The story line itself is amazing. It is considered "dystopian" and I'm kind of not liking dystopian books right now as much as I'd like to, just because that's basically what every single book in YA is about right not, but this novel doesn't really look too much into the whole dystopian aspect and I like that.
3. The love "triangle' I guess you could call it is amazing. There isn't a love triangle until the second book, and granted there aren't too many people who are happy with it, but I am and I think it gives the series a really nice touch.

I hope this is convincing enough for you guys to check out the series, and if you do PLEASE let me know what you think of it:)
-Heather

message 9: by Sydney (last edited Apr 20, 2013 04:45PM) (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Heathersbookreview wrote: "My favorite series at the moment is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Currently the books are
1. Shatter Me
3. Unravel me

She is coming ..."

I've never heard of that series. I'll have to try and find it somewhere.

Heathersbookreview omg it's amazing! You won't be let down!

Sydney wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "My favorite series at the moment is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Currently the books are
1. Shatter Me
3...."

message 11: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) When I finish the Vampire Academy series and a few other books I've been waiting to read I might start on it! I have so many books that I wanna read right now!

message 12: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Heathersbookreview wrote: "My favorite series at the moment is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Currently the books are
1. Shatter Me
3. Unravel me

She is coming ..."

Everyone is in love with that series! I read the first one and will probably read the second, the only thing I really didn't like about it was the cover. It looked quite strange!

Heathersbookreview I really need to start reading the Vampire Academy series! Everyone keeps talking about it. How many books are there alltogether ?

Sydney wrote: "When I finish the Vampire Academy series and a few other books I've been waiting to read I might start on it! I have so many books that I wanna read right now!"

Sydney wrote: "When I finish the Vampire Academy series and a few other books I've been waiting to read I might start on it! I have so many books that I wanna read right now!"

Heathersbookreview What did you think of the first one? The first edition cover is kind of weird, but now they redid the covers and theyre more colorful and such.

Milana wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "My favorite series at the moment is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Currently the books are
1. Shatter Me
3...."

message 15: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Heathersbookreview wrote: "I really need to start reading the Vampire Academy series! Everyone keeps talking about it. How many books are there alltogether ?

I just finished book 4, there's 6 in the series. And then there's I think 3 so far in the Bloodlines series which has a few of the same character in it as far as I can tell. They're really good, I read the first 4 all last week almost nonstop.

Heathersbookreview oh wow, that's fast! Everyone keeps talking about it so I should probably start reading it lol

Sydney wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "I really need to start reading the Vampire Academy series! Everyone keeps talking about it. How many books are there alltogether ?

I just finished book 4, there's 6 in t..."

message 17: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Yeah its really good! People it recommending it to me, so I finally decided to try it out and its amazing!

Heathersbookreview okay cool well if I start reading it I will let you know and we can talk about it:)

Sydney wrote: "Yeah its really good! People it recommending it to me, so I finally decided to try it out and its amazing!"

message 19: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (miamourbooks) | 1 comments Mortal Instruments
Infernal Devices
Divergent
Graceling
Wicked Lovely
Delirium
The Selection

message 20: by Sydney (last edited Apr 21, 2013 03:36PM) (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Heathersbookreview wrote: "okay cool well if I start reading it I will let you know and we can talk about it:)

Yay! Sounds like a plan :)
And I also just learned that its gonna be a movie eventually too!

Heathersbookreview Sydney wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "okay cool well if I start reading it I will let you know and we can talk about it:)

Yay! Sounds like a plan :)
And I also just learned that its gonna be a movie eventual..."

oh fun! I always like to read the book before I see the movie:)

message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) Mine are the Mythos Academy, Shadow Falls, Lux, and Soul Screamers. I also started Across the Universe, Under the Never Sky, and Shatter Me. I liked the first books of those, I hope the rest will be as great.

message 23: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Chelsea wrote: "Mine are the Mythos Academy, Shadow Falls, Lux, and Soul Screamers. I also started Across the Universe, Under the Never Sky, and Shatter Me. I liked the first books of those, I hope the rest will b..."

Across The Universe is GREAT!

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) I hope... I was actually hesitant to read it because it was set in space and normally I'm not a huge fan of that... But I was shockingly surprised.

message 25: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) I was a little hesitant too and I'm more into fantasy/paranormal, not scify. But I was really pleased with the book.

message 26: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) I love paranormal/fantasy books. It's my favorite genre to read.

message 27: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Heathersbookreview wrote: "What did you think of the first one? The first edition cover is kind of weird, but now they redid the covers and theyre more colorful and such.

Milana wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "My favori..."

I liked it a lot I just think the cover had put me off :) I will have to have a look at the new covers >:))))))

message 28: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) It's my favorite too, but I have kinda been getting into dystopian books recently as well.

Heathersbookreview Chelsea wrote: "Mine are the Mythos Academy, Shadow Falls, Lux, and Soul Screamers. I also started Across the Universe, Under the Never Sky, and Shatter Me. I liked the first books of those, I hope the rest will b..."

SHATTER MEEEE:) It is my favorite series. You definitely have to read Destory Me before you read the second book, Unravel Me. Destroy Me is only avialable as an ebook. I bought mine on my nook for under $3.00. It's from Warner's point of view and is a little more than 100 pages

Heathersbookreview Milana wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "What did you think of the first one? The first edition cover is kind of weird, but now they redid the covers and theyre more colorful and such.

Milana wrote: "Heathersb..."

Yes:) let me know what you think. I enjoy the colors but I'm not too sure I'm a giant fan of the huge eye that takes up the whole cover lol

message 31: by Chelsea (last edited Apr 21, 2013 08:42PM) (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) @Heathersbookreview

I actually have an overdrive account for my library and they have it as an ebook, so I'll probably just check it out from there... But I was planning on reading it before the second. I found the way Shatter Me was set up was so original, it was the first book that I had read written like that.

Heathersbookreview Chelsea wrote: "@Heathersbookreview

I actually have an overdrive account for my library and they have it as an ebook, so I'll probably just check it out from there... But I was planning on reading it before the s..."

Yes the writing style is one of the main reasons why I love Shatter Me so much. It's so unique and theres so much emotion tied into that book and I feel like I can really feel it through her writing. The second book is just as amazing, though Juliette is kind of annoying in it lol. but the story line is fantastic

message 33: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) I can't wait to read it. I hope to get them both finished before the third book comes out.

message 34: by Christen (new)

Christen | 4 comments I have a lot of favorite series and it would be biased to just name a few. So I'll my latest fave series which is written by Julia Crane.

Keegan's Chronicles:
Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1) by Julia Crane
Conflicted (Keegan's Chronicles, #2) by Julia Crane
Consumed (Keegan's Chronicles, #3) by Julia Crane

message 35: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) I also think the Masque of the Red Death series has started off pretty great.

message 36: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Chelsea wrote: "I also think the Masque of the Red Death series has started off pretty great."

I just got that book! I can't wait to start reading it!

message 37: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Heathersbookreview wrote: "Milana wrote: "Heathersbookreview wrote: "What did you think of the first one? The first edition cover is kind of weird, but now they redid the covers and theyre more colorful and such.

Milana wr..."

Yeah I agree, I adore the German cover. Why can't that be the Australian one :(

message 38: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Christen wrote: "I have a lot of favorite series and it would be biased to just name a few. So I'll my latest fave series which is written by Julia Crane.

Keegan's Chronicles:
Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1) by Julia Crane
[bookcov..."

Omg that blurb sounds awesome
Chelsea wrote: "I also think the Masque of the Red Death series has started off pretty great."

I have never herd of that series before :O I must check it out now!

message 39: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) Let me know what you think of the book when you read it Sydney. I personally loved it.

message 40: by Christen (new)

Christen | 4 comments I just read a new series, the first book is called Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane Freak of Nature by Julia Crane. Her book is awesome and I am now waiting for the other books of the series to come out.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I loved the Infernal Devices :D I felt so bad finishing Clockwork Princess because there would be no more :'(

message 42: by Milana, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Sarah wrote: "I loved the Infernal Devices :D I felt so bad finishing Clockwork Princess because there would be no more :'("

I can't bring myself to read clockwork Princess because someone gave me a spoiler and I don't like the ending :(