Kindle Lending (The Nest) discussion

Etc. > New Kindle owner

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katreena (new)

Katreena (klgrimes914) | 4 comments I just stumbled across your club. I am a new Kindle owner and haven't had much time to play with it and find out what it can do. I didn't know we can lend/borrow books from other Kindle owners. Please tell me how this works.
Thank you!

message 2: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin You have to go to the amazon website and sign in. The top of the screen next to the search bar should say hello "your name" and your account. Click ther and in the drop down menu hit "manage your kindle". All of your kindle books will appear. On the right hand side hit action. If the kindle book is lendable there will be a "loan this title" option. Hit this and it will prompt you to give an email for the person u wish to loan ur book!
Hope this helps.
If you get a screen that says "sorry this page could not be found" after trying to lend a title it means ur edition of the book is no longer lendable (ie a new edition was released, book was picked up by a publisher,ect)

message 3: by Katreena (new)

Katreena (klgrimes914) | 4 comments Oh wow Kaitlin. This opens a whole new world. Thank you so much. So to borrow a book I request it on this board and provide my email. It gets sent to me there and I retreive it from my Amazon account?
Thanks Kaitlin!

message 4: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I know it's great right? U can either make a new post if u r looking for something in particular ( just make sure it's lendable- bc quite a few books are not ) or u can search some of the ppl who posted goodreads lists of books they own and can loan out. I have a list if u wanna check it out. Or I can loan u a suggestion. Or there are a lot of lists out ther!

message 5: by Katreena (new)

Katreena (klgrimes914) | 4 comments I have been reading and it looks like you can only loan a book once and that's it. Is this correct??

message 6: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin No I think you can only lend a book to one person at a time. It's a 2 weeks period and then after that u can lend it to someone else. Not. 100% sure on this tho.

message 7: by Katreena (new)

Katreena (klgrimes914) | 4 comments Thanks Kaitlin. I think I am going to enjoy my Kindle. I'm trying to get into this but it's slow going. I just reserved books from the library. Hello Katreena!!! You have a kindle! lol

message 8: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindywilson) Welcome! You can only lend a book once and not all books are lendable. That's something that's set up by the publishing company.