Indie and New Adult obsessed discussion

Lending Books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by OhEmG (new)

OhEmG (mleskc) | 15 comments Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to start a lending/loaning network throughout the group. If anyone reads as much as I do (which I am guessing a lot of you do) it gets expensive, so borrowing books seems like a good idea to me.

List: Nook/kindle, the book you are looking to borrow from someone, and then your email address.

message 2: by Sazzle182 (new)

Sazzle182 | 5 comments I would love to do this. I spend a fortune on books but don't think amazon has let the UK lend books yet :-(

message 3: by OhEmG (new)

OhEmG (mleskc) | 15 comments Me too, I spend a ton on books. I saw a post in another group about people lending and it seems to work, so I figured I would see who was interested here....I guess no one really is. lol

message 4: by Sazzle182 (new)

Sazzle182 | 5 comments such a pity :-( I would if I could!

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee | 5 comments How do you lend on the kindle? I would be interested!

message 6: by OhEmG (new)

OhEmG (mleskc) | 15 comments You go through the manage your kindle section of amazon and on the right of the book title is the actions button. That button has a menu and if the book is lendable at the bottom it will say "loan this title" and then all you need is the persons email address and they get sent a link from amazon to borrow the book for up to 2 weeks.

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee | 5 comments I would love to do this!

message 8: by OhEmG (new)

OhEmG (mleskc) | 15 comments other good lending resources are

ebookfling.com

and

booklending.com

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Stephens (amystephens) | 9 comments I thought amazon would only let you lend if you were a prime member.

message 10: by Sarah (last edited Apr 22, 2013 05:26AM) (new)

Sarah | 8 comments I can send books to any1 that's interested I use calibre which is a free programme to convert books into any format and send to any device, if any1 is interested or wants to no more on how to use calibre just PM me!! ;)

message 11: by OhEmG (new)

OhEmG (mleskc) | 15 comments Amy wrote: "I thought amazon would only let you lend if you were a prime member."

Nope, anyone can lend books, as long as they are lendable. Check it out on the Manage your kindle section of amazon.