The Sweet Gum Tree The Sweet Gum Tree discussion

Similar books

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alyssa This book was fabulous, and i'm certainly looking for other similar books that are both sweet and angsty. I also liked the 'childhood friends to lovers' thing and tried to search for others, but lots of them were full of eroticas:(
please, any recommendations?
some of the books i loved include: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, The sea of tranquility by Katja Millay, and Sempre by J.M.Darhower.

Jordan Talley Try Some of Jessica Sorrenson books!! The coincidence of Callie and Kayden and also The secret of Ella and Micha both great books!

Melodie Running on Empty is a very sweet love story !

Jessica Biggs Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon

Abadak When We Collide
All A.L Jackson's books.

Charlotte One book with "childhood friends to lovers" theme is:

Sleeping at the Magnolia (not an ebook because it's no longer printed) This was a great story that developed over time. I truly enjoyed it . I got my actual book from Amazon.

Vivi15jr Unbroken by melody grace

Vivi15jr Also true love story

lizparker Binding Arbitration (prequel is free- Cutter Vs. Jock). Best book ever. Will change your life. Read Cutter vs. Jock first though.

Samantha Stein you need to read creed by kristen ashley... it is VERY similar to this book and its PHENOMENAL! I promise you will not be disappointed. It has many of the same storylines- childhood friends turned teenage sweethearts, huge misunderstanding, separated for years, come back together, truth revealed, HEA, it is AWESOME!

Charlotte Harriet Evans has a book called I Remember You and it's about a developing relationship between child hood friends, their ups and downs, and reconnection with each other. Still reading it now so not sure if it's HEA or not.

message 12: by Rose (last edited Aug 23, 2014 03:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith

message 13: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle If you have not read Paradise by Judith McNaught, I highly recommend that one!

Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) by Judith McNaught

Terri Rose wrote: "A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith"

This sounds so good Im adding it to my list .

Terri Angie wrote: "If you have not read Paradise by Judith McNaught, I highly recommend that one!

Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) by Judith McNaught"

Love the sound of this one also. Will add it.

Mrsbooks Charlotte wrote: "One book with "childhood friends to lovers" theme is:

Sleeping at the Magnolia (not an ebook because it's no longer printed) This was a great story that developed over time. I truly enjoyed it ..."

I searched on Goodreads for this one and couldn't find it...

message 17: by Mary (last edited Oct 12, 2014 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Come to Me Softly/Come to Me Quietly by AL Jackson (forget which one is first)
True Love Story is outstanding.

Stephanie In the stillness by Andrea Randall

Making faces by Amy Harmon

Mrsbooks So I made a new list called "Childhood friends to adult lovers."

If you've read the books in this thread and they qualify to add, please do so.

Any time period will do. The only thing is, I'm hoping to keep the list with novels that actually have part of the story line devoted to their childhood friendship. Not novels that simply tell us they were friends or only have a few pages of a flashback or something.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

Lakshana Gowda CREED ( Unfinished heros#2 ) by Kristen Ashley

Diane The boy who sneaks in my bedroom window, I enjoyed this a lot more than the sweet gum tree

αиgєℓα could be tillie cole-thousand miles kises 0 raze ,If you like to move to my books, this time is the one that comes with the similar theme in childhood love

αиgєℓα Samantha wrote: "you need to read creed by kristen ashley... it is VERY similar to this book and its PHENOMENAL! I promise you will not be disappointed. It has many of the same storylines- childhood friends turned ..."

lizparker wrote: "Binding Arbitration (prequel is free- Cutter Vs. Jock). Best book ever. Will change your life. Read Cutter vs. Jock first though."

you mean the phenomanal of michelle valentine??????

Sönïa Dhillion I posted on this blog for books like The sweet gum tree and these were the recommendations i got . Click away.

https://www.maryse.net/reader-questio...

Also just read Don't Let Go This book can battle with The sweet gum tree. Its tge book the comes closes to how emotional, loving , teary eyed i felt when i read the sweet gun tree. Its also love at first sight from children friends to lovers.

Pulled - This book would come 3rd best after the sweet gun tree and dont let go. But its high school friends to lover's