Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

I feel genuinely sorry for Edward... I really do.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Marlene Ocampo It just isn't fair to Edward. It just isn't.

Haidi ???

Robin Someone's off their meds...

message 4: by Deliriate (last edited Mar 22, 2013 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Deliriate ^ Your fangirl is showing.

As for this meme, I love it.

Lauren Stoolfire Deliriate wrote: "^ Your fangirl is showing.

As for this meme, I love it."

So do I! :)

Marlene Ocampo Robin wrote: "Someone's off their meds..."

[image error]

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm. Well I'm not sorry for Edward- he's immortal, gets cute girls and has no tastebuds (he eats BLOOD).

message 9: by Marlene (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo But he ain't a Time Lord, a demon hunting dude named Winchester, or a high-functioning sociopath. He definitely got shafted. Therefore he deserves every sympathy we can muster.

message 10: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha Eris ~ C'est pour cela que je suis née wrote: "But he ain't a Time Lord, a demon hunting dude named Winchester, or a high-functioning sociopath. He definitely got shafted. Therefore he deserves every sympathy we can muster."

True that.

Deliriate What, no mention of Fringe? :( Well, Edward isn't a genius scientist either.

message 12: by Marlene (last edited Mar 22, 2013 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo Very true! I haven't watched Fringe, unfortunately so I refer all Fringe questions to my parter-in-crime, Elevetha. *bows to Elevetha*

Deliriate Ohh, Fringe is awesome D: Easily one of the best scifi shows ever.

message 14: by Marlene (last edited Mar 22, 2013 09:04PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo I believe you! I'm just limited in my television watching capacities, unfortunately, and can rely only on the library, YouTube, and Dailymotion. It's on my to-watch list, though, if I could find it somehow!

Deliriate Aww D: That's terrible, hopefully you can watch it soon !

Marlene Ocampo I hope so, too! Once the Who fever is over (7 MORE DAYS!) I'll investigate it more.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Eris ~ C'est pour cela que je suis née wrote: "__"

F**K YEA!
:Doctor WHO baby! :D

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Eris ~ C'est pour cela que je suis née wrote: "It just isn't fair to Edward. It just isn't.

"

Ahem...
I mean:
Positively amusing, dear friends. Simply spiffingly marvelous contrast in such characters!

Deliriate Oh, I do have something to say about Edward. You can take it either way. But Edward has definitely made stalking acceptable in the younger generation. There's no hope for the human race.

Jettcatt Oh yes and not to mention controlling boy friends who take themselves way to seriously. Lighten up Eddie you can sparkle for gods sake.

Heidi Eris ~ C'est pour cela que je suis née wrote: "It just isn't fair to Edward. It just isn't.

"

If you compared it with the current Doctor regeneration, you might have people changing their mind.(mostly people who love David Tennant as The Doctor and stopped watching after he quit) Robert and Matt aren't that great looking. They aren't ugly, but they are far from models. Now if you let them both talk, that is a different thing entirely.

Little Soph Jackson To be honest, its pretty funny! Love both of them!

Diane Oooh, trying to start a fandom fight and implying twi fans aren't smart (and that all whovians are).
So classy.

Also I much prefer Eleven.

message 24: by Mika (new) - added it

Mika Eris ~ C'est pour cela que je suis née wrote: "It just isn't fair to Edward. It just isn't.

"

david tennant's hair. GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT.

Heidi David Tennant > Matt Smith

Little Soph Jackson Heidi wrote: "David Tennant > Matt Smith"

Definitely!

message 27: by Marlene (last edited Mar 30, 2013 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo Actually, I don't think either one is greater than the other. They're just different. Matt didn't try to replace David (who cannot be replaced) and Matt brought his own unique portrayal to the role. That's how it's been done for 50 years, and that's how it'll proceed for another 50. Or hundred. Or for all eternity.

Honestly, I don't want Doctor Who to ever stop!

But if you are such huge fans of David, you'll be pleased to hear that he and Billie Piper are returning for the 50th Anniversary this year. :) :) :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Diane wrote: "Oooh, trying to start a fandom fight and implying twi fans aren't smart (and that all whovians are).
So classy.

Also I much prefer Eleven."

Haha, I've no preferences -- dude, it's THE DOCTOR. Anyone who plays him is immediately 100% more awesomewickedfunnysmartinsaneawesomeawesomeawesome :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

And all the three most recent Doctors (Chris, David and Matt) are excellent actors -- they make Doctor Who DOCTOR WHO :D Plus, he's still genetically The Doctor anyway, he just looks and acts differently.

message 30: by Replicant Rachel (new)

Replicant Rachel so would u rather reading minds-or become a time lord?

message 31: by Marlene (last edited Mar 31, 2013 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo Thebomb wrote: "so would u rather reading minds-or become a time lord?"

Well, seeing as how the Doctor can read minds (he just chooses not to, as it's a invasion of privacy, and the Doctor has standards and stuff), I would rather be an alien from outer space who can see the turn of the Universe inside of their head, and who chooses to save people over and over again. I would love to have two hearts, a regeneration cycle that makes me virtually immortal, and a spaceship that can also travel through time.

Not a bad option. I'd take that over sparkling, at least. :)

Lauren Stoolfire Eris ~ rycbar123 wrote: "But he ain't a Time Lord, a demon hunting dude named Winchester, or a high-functioning sociopath. He definitely got shafted. Therefore he deserves every sympathy we can muster."

Exactly! And those cats :)

Marlene Ocampo I couldn't help it! I was going insane waiting for The Bells of Saint John to ring. :)

Marlene Ocampo _

_

message 35: by Elevetha (last edited Mar 31, 2013 09:31PM) (new)

Elevetha Deliriate wrote: "What, no mention of Fringe? :( Well, Edward isn't a genius scientist either."

FRINGE!!!! I'm sorry, I didn't check this earlier!!! (Life, and all that.)

True that. He certainly isn't no genius scientist.

message 36: by Elevetha (last edited Mar 31, 2013 09:31PM) (new)

Elevetha Deliriate wrote: "Ohh, Fringe is awesome D: Easily one of the best scifi shows ever."

Agreed. (Oh, and I got Eris to start watching it:)

I think....Stargate SG-1 and Doctor Who are in that list of best scifi TV shows as well but Fringe definitely is there. I LOVE Fringe so much. It's so epic.

Marlene Ocampo I'm probably going to watch some Fringe tonight, so I expect that I'll be joining in the Fringe fangirling very soon!

message 38: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha Eris ~ rycbar123 wrote: "Very true! I haven't watched Fringe, unfortunately so I refer all Fringe questions to my parter-in-crime, Elevetha. *bows to Elevetha*"

Thanks. *bows back*

I didn't check this...*slaps* *rewards self for finally checking it by watching "Brown Betty"*

message 39: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha Eris ~ rycbar123 wrote: "I'm probably going to watch some Fringe tonight, so I expect that I'll be joining in the Fringe fangirling very soon!"

description

message 40: by Marlene (last edited Mar 31, 2013 09:50PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo Yup! I'll probably go watch it now. And thanks for the Nine gif. People don't talk often enough about him, even though he was one of the most marvelous Doctors evah.

message 41: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha Happy watching!!

You're welcome. Nine was brilliant:)

message 42: by Marlene (last edited Mar 31, 2013 10:51PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marlene Ocampo Olivia wrote: "Elevetha wrote: "Happy watching!!

You're welcome. Nine was brilliant:)"

(where did u get that clip from?)"

She got it from a mystical land of fangirls, fluffy chickens, SuperWhoLock, hipster pictures, nerds, geeks, and Bronies. If you try to leave this magical land, it will only pull you back in harder. It will never leave you. Never.

It's also known as Tumblr, and that clip is a "gif". Have you ever been to Tumblr? It's addicting! :)

message 43: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Golden I don't feel sorry for him: His taste in women is suspect. Seriously, I watched Snow White And The Huntsman, and watching Bella try to smile was the single most painful thing I have ever seen (and I delivered a baby once).

Besides... you're all wrong. Clearly, the Fourth Doctor...

...was the best. Anyone who will share his candy and wear that crazy scarf (and make it look normal, mind you) deserves the utmost respect. David Tennant comes within a hair's breadth of Tom Baker's magnificence, though, so you all can be somewhat forgiven.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Thebomb wrote: "so would u rather reading minds-or become a time lord?"

Time-Lord 100%

Little Soph Jackson Thebomb wrote: "so would u rather reading minds-or become a time lord?"

Reading minds! I so want to know everything that people are thinking! Plus that means that I'm a bit like Edward!

Stéphanie I love my fellow whovians. WE ARE EVERYWHERE !!

LIKE NINJAS !!!!

*exoplosion sound effect*

Marlene Ocampo Bill wrote: "I don't feel sorry for him: His taste in women is suspect. Seriously, I watched Snow White And The Huntsman, and watching Bella try to smile was the single most painful thing I have ever seen (and ..."

But if you count Two and Eight out of the Best Doctors Equation, I shan't be able to forgive you. ;)

Marlene Ocampo Stéphanie wrote: "I love my fellow whovians. WE ARE EVERYWHERE !!

LIKE NINJAS !!!!

*exoplosion sound effect*"

We can expertly turn in any topic on the internet and any conversation we have, and twist it in Doctor Who's direction. It is a skillset.

message 49: by Bill (last edited Apr 02, 2013 09:39AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Golden Eris ~ rycbar123 wrote: "But if you count Two and Eight out of the Best Doctors Equation, I shan't be able to forgive you. ;) "

To be fair, the local PBS channel didn't show anything before Pertwee (Doctor 3), and stopped showing them after 5 took over (all I remember about him is he was blonde-haired). I really didn't reconnect with the Doctor until after SciFi (I refuse to call it by its fruity-looking new name) began showing the new adventures with Nine (and Eccleston did a great job reintroducing the Doctor).

I watched the hell out of the Baker Era, though.

Heidi Jack: Okay, this can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and a triple enfolded sonic disruptor. Doc, whatcha' got?
The Doctor: I've got a sonic, uh, oh never mind.
Jack: What?
The Doctor: It's sonic. Okay, let's leave it at that.
Jack: Disruptor? Cannon? What?!
The Doctor: It's sonic. Totally sonic! I'm sonicked up!
Jack: A sonic what?!
The Doctor: SCREWDRIVER!

Jack: Who looks at a screw driver and thinks...Ohh this could be a little more sonic!

« previous 1