The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) The Opportunist discussion

Olivia is not a bad person....

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen So after reading this book, I don't think Olivia is totally wrong. Did she scheme to get Caleb? Sure but I don't think she made Jessica have the abortion. Jessica was going to have it anyway, she just wanted someone to tell her it was okay. Olivia was wrong not to tell Caleb about it though and she was wrong to give her virginity to some stranger because she was mad at Caleb but dude was cheating. Caleb may not have had sex - that we know of but he was cheating. That is why he was able to not pressure her into sex. Olivia grew up with some issues and Caleb seems to know it, and that explains why she is the way she is. I still don't think she is an outright bad person. Leah on the other hand is clearly psychotic and insecure and I haven't even gotten to the next book yet.
I'm not sure if I care if Caleb and Olivia reunite though but I thought the book was extraordinary. They have a very deep bond and they clearly love each other but Olivia needs to let Caleb go and let him figure out that he's just as damaged as Olivia is.

Kian Cruz olivia isn't the bad person in the trilogy, it's caleb.lol.

Julie I can't wait for Thief, there are so many unanswered questions that only Caleb can tell us. Olivia isn't a bad persion, I think that early on in her relationship with Caleb she was very insecure and was immature in the way she dealt with it. She as since grown up and wants to be a better person. Leah, on the other hand, there is no help for that woman, she's just pure evil.

Karen Kian wrote: "olivia isn't the bad person in the trilogy, it's caleb.lol."
See I don't even think Caleb is a bad person. I think that both Caleb and Olivia had some issues bu they both schemed to get what they wanted, however they had limitations.

Hayley Faiman Leah is the horrible person!!! haha Caleb and Olivia are good together...hopefully all is resolved in Theif and they can finallyhave their HEA!

Karen Julie wrote: "I can't wait for Thief, there are so many unanswered questions that only Caleb can tell us. Olivia isn't a bad persion, I think that early on in her relationship with Caleb she was very insecure a..."

ICAM Julie. I so want Thief to come out to understand Caleb's POV more.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "So after reading this book, I don't think Olivia is totally wrong. Did she scheme to get Caleb? Sure but I don't think she made Jessica have the abortion. Jessica was going to have it anyway, she ..."

I think Olivia is just hard on herself and saying the thinks she think Caleb will think of her. Her self-appraisal comes through the eyes of her first lover. Caleb is her heart.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kian wrote: "olivia isn't the bad person in the trilogy, it's caleb.lol."
sooooo very true. caleb is a butt-hole.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

On second thought, Olivia is that bad. She stalked him. What Tarryn means by saying Olivia stalked him is not clear. But if she really went all out and stalked him, then I get the plot of her being a monster.

Leslie Yes I agree with motherofpearl. I think they all have issues and you don't really see how messed up Olivia is until you look back and see everything she did collectively. Was she kinda obsessed with Caleb in college yeah but its not too hard to keep tabs on someone and who they date. I dont think she is fully to blame with Jessica but she wasn't harmless only because she had ulterior motives. Then she kept Caleb at an emotional distance for quite a while but damn if they just would have used their words!!!!! I was upset Caleb didn't go after her on their anniversary and she threw away her V card with a stranger just to put the nail in the coffin. I think that was the moment I realized how selfish (maybe due to self preservation) and messed up she was. You also see how she grew emotionally from then to the present time and how unselfish (and a little scared) she was when she left to go to texas. If only Caleb grew emotionally to...and damn it....USED HIS WORDS!!!!!!

thank you that felt great!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Motherofpearl wrote: "I don't think that she is a bad person. She is just someone who has issues."

lol... well caleb does use "some" words. he thinks he's the hotshot and the best thing going. thats my perception from the words he does use

Leslie Ha! Yeah that too!

message 13: by Kian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kian Cruz Tara wrote: "Motherofpearl wrote: "I don't think that she is a bad person. She is just someone who has issues."

lol... well caleb does use "some" words. he thinks he's the hotshot and the best thing going. tha..."

amen lol