Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > I think a cover has been changed...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Mar 22, 2013 03:43PM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I think another librarian has changed a book cover that shouldn't have.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

The author made a comment in my group about the new cover not showing, and the librarian commented that she'd fixed it. My first assumption was that she'd just added a cover that was missing, but the author followed up with a thank you and a comment that she thought "an alternate cover edition" was required.

I looked at the logs, but I'm not adept enough yet at log deciphering to figure out if the cover has been added, or changed.

Could one of the more experienced librarians take a look please? Thanks. :)

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments The cover was definitely changed. I changed it back, but I'll defer to you for the ACE since it was in another group. :)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Thanks Vicky - I'll PM the author and let her know. If she can post the new cover to her profile, I'll get the ACE added. :)

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 23, 2013 12:36PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) You might also let authorknow she can set the new alternate cover edition as the "primary" (what shows first on her author page, in title searches, etc.) if she likes. If not set, the most popular/shelved edition shows.

And maybe post in the group, that yes, against goodreads policy even for a librarian to change an existing cover; ace gets made.