Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

twilight vs the host

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siobhan (last edited Mar 22, 2013 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Siobhan no offense to all those twilight fans, but I thought the host is a lot better and I understand it more. Which one did u find better?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

the Host. most definitely. but I did enjoy the twilight saga. I know that it's not your usual vampires, (They don't sparkle) but it was a good story

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Olivia wrote: "the Host. most definitely. but I did enjoy the twilight saga. I know that it's not your usual vampires, (They don't sparkle) but it was a good story"

yep i would think so to.

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia The Host is little bit better, to read in some ways. the rest of the twi saga are ok, here and there.

Brittny I loved both. It took me a LONG time to get into the Host, and once I got through the first quarter or so and made myself read it I could not put it down. (I owned the book for 5+ years before I actually got through it). I got through the entire Twilight series in 5 days...
Like I said, I loved them both, but they are completely different stories who just happen to have the same author.

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brittny wrote: "I loved both. It took me a LONG time to get into the Host, and once I got through the first quarter or so and made myself read it I could not put it down. (I owned the book for 5+ years before I ac..."

that true. i read all the twi books, that ever came out. so in someways i did like both, as well.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia just thought here. when reading the Host, is it bit slow in the beginning?

Brittny I found it was very slow to start but once you get through the first 1/4 or so it really picks up - I couldn't put it down after that!

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brittny wrote: "I found it was very slow to start but once you get through the first 1/4 or so it really picks up - I couldn't put it down after that!"

that is true there.

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia I just stared reading it again, so hope it get better, in the middle.

message 11: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Cox The Host was an ok book. But Twilight was much much more interesting for me. I think I kinda fell in love with twilight and think on it with fond memories. The Host was just a book I read. Twilight transcended the YA category, maybe The Host didn't and that's why it didn't grip me as much?

message 14: by H.K. (new) - rated it 2 stars

H.K. Dawn wrote: "The Host was an ok book. But Twilight was much much more interesting for me. I think I kinda fell in love with twilight and think on it with fond memories. The Host was just a book I read. Twilight..."

I agree completely though t TS was plagued with flaws I enjoyed it The Host... amazing idea... boring book

message 15: by Ana (new) - rated it 1 star

Ana There is no question! I have no idea how the aouthor could make this two books?! I mean Twilight compared to The Host??
The Host in an AWESOME book and I have no idea what happened with Twilight, she probably went through a fase or something..no ofense to the Twilight fans

Elyse I loved the Twilight series!!!! I read all the books in no time and didn't have any problems. The Host took a lot longer to read but it was still a great book. After I got a quarter was thru it was fast reading!! I will be seeing the movie just like I seen all the Twilight movies!!!!

Gudrun Lillekroken I read the Host first and really liked it. It was facinating. I enjoyed Twilight too, though.

message 18: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gudrun wrote: "I read the Host first and really liked it. It was facinating. I enjoyed Twilight too, though."

about the same thing here and there.

message 19: by Olivia (new)

Olivia I read both twilight & the Host, but the Host is bit better to read.

Nichola Olivia wrote: "I just stared reading it again, so hope it get better, in the middle."

The first few chapters are a bit dry but it does get better. It is one of my preferred easy reads, after reading it a few times I started skipping the first few chapters and going straight to the good bit :)

message 21: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa I read both the series and Host. I was disappointed in the series, so I was hesitant to read The Host. Thankfully, I still read it, because it was both a better story and more sophisticated than the Twilight Saga. It's a great stand alone title, so I hope Meyer will write more of this type of book rather than Twilight.

Little Soph Jackson Personally its Twilight for me.
I haven't yet finished the Host after 5 different attempts because I don't click with it.
Hoping to see the film sometime with friends so a maybe that will inspired me to read it...?

Debbie Yates I personally loved both of them! They are two totally different books! I loved the Host but I read Twilight one right after the other. The Host was well written but I am sad that it is the end of a story. That story could of went on for a while.

SophiAnn I honestly didn't like the Twilight books that much, and I only read The Host because my friend gave me a copy, but I am almost done and it is WAY better than Twilight. I thought Twilight was okay, but I'm not a fan of books where the girl is instantly in love with a dangerous guy for no reason. (At least Wanda had a reason, right? A good one too)

Siobhan I read it in a week and a half. I've always wanted to read a book like it. I'm the opposite as It took me a week 2 just try and read twilight one

Siobhan I think people should try and keep reading the host as I fell in love with the story only chapters in.

Linda The Host is much better

Laura O my gosh The Host was so much better in my opinion. I loved it but I really didn't like Twilight.

Kayci Morgan Twilight was meh. New Moon was...I'm stopping now. Someone told me to read the Host as proof the woman could write and everything I found annoying about Twilight wasn't because of bad writing, but because I wasn't a teenage girl and thus not the intended audience. I think he was right because I really did like the Host.

Lindsay Carpenter The Host was much, much better in my opinion. The story seemed more cohesive and the characters were well-developed and more dynamic. I think it also helps that The Host was written more for adults than teenagers.

Haidi I've read them both and love them both.

Michiko I still have this hangover on The Host so The Host all the way! :D (read Twilight series like 3 years ago I remember loving it but hating Bella :P )

message 33: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Michiko wrote: "I still have this hangover on The Host so The Host all the way! :D (read Twilight series like 3 years ago I remember loving it but hating Bella :P )"

how interesting.

message 34: by Olivia (new)

Olivia i read about all 4 of twilight book, got half way though the host,cause it was long. but i think both host and twi..

message 35: by Sarah (last edited Apr 21, 2013 04:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah I read Twilight when I was 16 and back then it was amazing, I read the host this year (22 now) I loved the Host book more.
But the twilight films over the host film. I just feel they missed out stuff that was important in the host like more on the worlds and walter =[

Kiran I like Host better than Twilight...though i used to like Twilight but Host is far better than Twilight.

Old  Profile To me the twilight books are way better than the film And really can't wait to read the host. The story looks really good and i want to watch the film

message 38: by Olivia (new)

Olivia doodlekat wrote: "To me the twilight books are way better than the film And really can't wait to read the host. The story looks really good and i want to watch the film"

i think both book were quit cool to read, here and there..

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia i like the host, little bit better..

message 40: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Brittny wrote: "I loved both. It took me a LONG time to get into the Host, and once I got through the first quarter or so and made myself read it I could not put it down. (I owned the book for 5+ years before I ac..."

I completely agree with this. I tried to READ The Host but couldn't get into it so I decided to LISTEN to it on CD and now I am HOOKED!!!!! I Love both The Host and the Twilight Saga!!!!

message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Meiyu-I♥Finnick Odair! wrote: "i love both!
I'm currently reading the host...it's amazing...i loved it the first word i read!
I loved twilight the first word i read...so BOTH"

yea i guess kind of like both.

message 42: by Olivia (new)

Olivia i like both The Host & twi.

Lynne Stringer I thought Twilight was better overall, especially for a first novel. Yes, it did need a better edit (The Host shows the benefits of SM's experience in writing the Twilight saga) but I enjoyed the story of Twilight more than The Host, although I still really loved The Host as well.

message 44: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Lynne wrote: "I thought Twilight was better overall, especially for a first novel. Yes, it did need a better edit (The Host shows the benefits of SM's experience in writing the Twilight saga) but I enjoyed the s..."

that true in somways. but each one is diff from each other.

message 45: by Olivia (new)

Olivia i like how SM wrote both all the twi saga and the host at diff times, which u get both diff perspetive..(can't spell it to well)