Rockism 101 discussion

politics and culture > As an American what should you be MOST ashamed of?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rock (last edited Mar 22, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Rock Ism | 284 comments Mod
A) The Vietnam War
B) Slavery
C) What we did to the Native Americans
D) Dropping the bomb on Nagasaki/Hiroshima
E) Watergate (and pardoning Nixon)
F) The War in Iraq (and not trying Bush/Cheney as war criminals)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 88 comments Hmmmm.... for me it's hard to choose between B, C and D.

But really ALL of them, although I think many, if not most countries have skeletons in their historical closet that the people would be ashamed of.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 88 comments Pretty much anyone in a country run by a dictator (now or in the past), at some point probably was ashamed...

message 4: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Backward ball-cap boys
The cult of Kurt Cobain
MTV
The two-minute fighting instigator penalty in hockey

message 5: by Rock (new)

Hey! What's wrogn wtih Kurt Cobain?

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
All of the above. Except for the sake of being relevant why the hell have we not tried Bush/Cheney as war criminals yet?

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit What wasn't wrong with him?

I mean if self-loathing, despair, and inner torment turn your crank, then step right up and have at it. It's always puzzled me why grunge "broke" at a time when so many of those guys were emulating early-70's hard rock moves. If grunge equaled Black Sabbath, then did anything really change?

Genius? He married Courtney Love. 'Nuff said...

message 8: by S. (new)

S. (sthomaskaza) The national debt.
The hypocrisy by which one side blames the other side when both sides have been responsible for spending more and more and more.

message 9: by Rock (new)

Grunge was slightly more that just emulating 70s hard rock. It also incorporated some punk attitude.

I agree that marrying Courtney Love is a real head scratcher. I'm assuming it was mostly based on good oral sex.