Admission Admission discussion

Movie?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Libby Tina Fey? A comedy?? Is this the same book I read?

message 2: by Peg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Peg Exactly! Unable to reconcile the stretch.....

Frances The book was definitely better

Donna Davis The book was amazing, and in our local paper, Fey was panned for her movie performance...she was brilliant in "Date Night", according to the reviewer, because her part in it was largely a series of snappy comments not unlike a stand-up comedian, which of course has been her bread and butter for many years. He felt this role demanded too much of her; since reading the review, I have been a little afraid to watch the movie, since I liked the book, and I do like Fey.

message 5: by Ghada (new)

Ghada I've not read the book but I can assure you that the movie is not to be considered comedy.
It's more of a light drama with some funny moments, that's all. I'd love to hear what you think about it when you see it.

Pepperpots I read the book and I really liked it. I was reluctant to watch the movie because it looked as though they took a different approach to the movie. I wish I hadn't watched it - I love Tina Fey but this movie was awful.

Michelle I read the book first with intentions of watching the movie afterward. I was picturing Tina Fey the whole time I read it and it amused me. The interactions between her and her mother was a good step-back from the intensive admission information that was being given. Then the baby thing was all wrong in the movie so I immediately hated the movie. That was the only part of the book that was touching and then the movie completely turned it around and tried to make it funny!!! Not cool.