People who like cats discussion

Save the Arts!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (gleekgamer) | 19 comments http://www.franklinboe.org//cms/modul...

So, basically, the vote for the school budget is coming up, and again, they are threatening to cut more arts. This year, the public will NOT get to vote on the budget. The vote on the budget is THIS THURSDAY. This Thursday, there will be a Board of Education vote choosing between two things: cut the arts, or privatize (fire) the paraproffesionals. While neither is optimal, as someone who is an FTPS Arts student, I feel that I have to put in my two cents. Please, fill out the survey I put a link to above to tell the BoE WHY WE NEED THE ARTS. Rumored proposed cuts include, but aren't limited to, cutting the middle school chorus and orchestra programs starting next year. Also, you could go speak at the BoE meeting on Thursday night and tell them in person, as I have done in the past. (I, unfortunately, will be in Pittsburgh.) Please, spread the word so we can save the arts for us and the grades below us.

message 2: by Lil' Me (new)

Lil' Me | 3 comments Why would you put this on goodreads, there aren't many people who pay attention to this stuff!

message 3: by Sydney (last edited Apr 04, 2013 01:36PM) (new)

Sydney (gleekgamer) | 19 comments Shut up Nick. >.< No need to be mean.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (gleekgamer) | 19 comments I believe YOU care about this, Avinash...As do the other people who posted on here. I have news, but I guess no one cares. >.<

message 5: by Lil' Me (new)

Lil' Me | 3 comments Thanks Avinash, I wasn't trying to be mean.