Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Anyone read any great short series or long book? Vampires/Shifters/Demons

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther (BellatrixWitch) | 15 comments Please can you help me again !with my list to read...? I am looking for a short series / long book , as I want a break from long series . Like vamps but will try something else, not loads of sex ,more your Twilight or Sookie and good plot. I have a few longer series already recommended but just want a short series / book before I start on another long series. Thanks

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) I would recommend:

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead - series is complete and is only 4 or 5 books
Red Fire (Gods of Midnight, #1) by Deidre Knight - series is complete at 4 or 5 books.
Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning - about 7 books.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments If you don't mind a trilogy Deborah Harkness' All Souls Trilogy is fabulous and super long. The first two books are out and they are both over 500 pages each. The last one is due out this year.

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) I agree with Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger is also good. 5 books.

Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) by Alyssa Day has 8 books

message 5: by Esther (new)

Esther (BellatrixWitch) | 15 comments Fab, thank you 

message 6: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments If you like fantasy romance without a lot of sexy times, you might enjoy The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1) by L.J. McDonald , The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2) by L.J. McDonald , and Queen of the Sylphs (Sylph, #3) by L.J. McDonald .

message 7: by Debi (new)

Debi (debisattic) | 157 comments Esther wrote: "Please can you help me again !with my list to read...? I am looking for a short series / long book , as I want a break from long series . Like vamps but will try something else, not loads of sex ,..."
try these for short series:

Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost Jess Haines Bundle Hunted by the Others, Taken by the Others, Deceived by the Others, Stalking the Others by Jess Haines Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

message 8: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 15 comments Well I'm currently writing a novel you might enjoy ... I'll let you know when it's finished!

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments Oh, I love the Jane Jameson series. I second that. :D. Four books, very funny, and great.

message 10: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 319 comments Mod
Ok it's not paranormal more sci-fi, but I read all 3 recently and gave them all 5 stars.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3) by Beth Revis

Another good short series with Angels

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand Boundless (Unearthly, #3) by Cynthia Hand

The first 3 in the Mortal Insturments were good, I personally didn't enjoy the 4th but I highly reccomend the first 3. There is a good stopping point after 3 too.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

There is a spin off historical series

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

Cute werewolf short series

A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You #1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Werewolf in the North Woods (Wild About You, #2) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Werewolf in Seattle (Wild About You, #3) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Werewolf in Denver (Wild About You, #4) by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Demonica has quite a bit of sex, but good plot too, and a spin off series.

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

message 11: by Esther (last edited Mar 28, 2013 04:02PM) (new)

Esther | 21 comments Elizabeth Hunter's elemental mysteries. The original series is 4 books long (she has another book out in the same world and another coming out soon)

Book 1 is free at Amazon and Smashwords

A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter

message 12: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (MissKris7198) | 74 comments Anya Bast has 2 series Dark Magick and Elemental Witches...both are short series. There is sex but plenty of action.
2nd the Southern Witch series, its been pretty entertaining.
Royal House of Shadows (4 different authors) is a 4 book series, it was great. I was exposed to 2 new authors that I may not have read.
Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout
Jane True series by Nicole Peeler

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookbarrio) | 13 comments This is a steampunk vampire trilogy set in a post-apocalyptic world. I really liked it.

The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, #1) by Clay Griffith The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2) by Clay Griffith The Kingmakers (Vampire Empire, #3) by Clay Griffith

Also try

Written in Red (The Others #1) by Anne Bishop

It has shifters, and lots of other creatures in it.

message 14: by Esther (new)

Esther (BellatrixWitch) | 15 comments Thanks , I have just been finding after 5/6 books I am getting bored and not wanting to finish some series off. I stuck with Sookie , loved the first 3 of Twilight series and loved Harry Potter but it's been hard after book 5 with both Chicago Land Vampires and the Night Huntress!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments Esther wrote: "Thanks , I have just been finding after 5/6 books I am getting bored and not wanting to finish some series off. I stuck with Sookie , loved the first 3 of Twilight series and loved Harry Potter bu..."
I LOVE Night Huntress, have you read the spin off series? Or any of the Vlad books? They're amazing!

message 16: by Sharmila (new)

Sharmila | 18 comments Danielle RatherReadThanWork wrote: "I would recommend:

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead - series is complete and is only 4 or 5 books
Red Fire (Gods of Midnight, #1) by Deidre Knight - series is complete at 4 or 5 books.
[bookcover:Beyond the Highlan..."

Beyond the highlander mist is good , but even better is the the Fever Series from the same author that kinda spins off from the highlander series. So it's about 12 books in all. Fever series is great different but some theme. There's also a book group for the fever series if you want to check out the reviews. Good stuff.

message 17: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggdev) | 3 comments The Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow is one of my favourite series with demons in it. Its pretty dark and has a fair share of gore in it, but there's some complicated romance and a little bit of sex.

message 18: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough Just 2 books in the short witch series, great reads i Highly recommend them both the 2nd and final book is Always a Witch (Witch, #2) by Carolyn MacCullough

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (basketchik) | 86 comments Christine Feehan has two series that aren't very long the first is the Drake Sisters (witches) Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1) by Christine Feehan The Twilight Before Christmas (Includes Drake Sisters, #2; Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3) by Christine Feehan Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6) by Christine Feehan Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7) by Christine Feehan

Also there is her Sisters of the Heart which is a brand new series only 2 books out so far Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan Spirit Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #2) by Christine Feehan , these ladies control the elements around you...

Her Vamp series is rather long and she has a Leopard series as well which currently has 5 books, if I remember correctly there is a fair amount of sex in those books..

message 20: by Esther (new)

Esther (BellatrixWitch) | 15 comments Thank you again for being so helpful, I just found some great books and its down to you guys! 