Sherlock Holmes Mystery writer club discussion

Introduce youself > Inroduce your Book and Twitter name

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sirherbertsneakies (last edited Mar 22, 2013 09:54AM) (new)

Sirherbertsneakies Hebert (mrsneakies) | 10 comments Mod
@JackTheBearBook
https://twitter.com/JackTheBearBook
#JackTheBearBook
Jack The Bear And Golden Hair
Please introduce your book and book name.
Please follow each other on Twitter.
Leave message and @ each other to get a return to fellow goodread members, Children's Book Writers Network, Harry Potter Young Adult Writers Club & Sherlock Holmes Mystery writer clubs.
Don't forget your lovely manager who gives you splendid tips & groups as a thank you :)

Sirherbertsneakies Hebert (mrsneakies) | 10 comments Mod
Tom Chalmers ‏ @Tom_Chalmers

Founder of 7 publishing companies, including @legend_press, @iprlicense, @ngpublishing & @writeconnect1. Entrepreneur, occasional footballer, small business fan

message 3: by Blacky (new)

Blacky | 6 comments "introduce your book" what does that mean
i do not have a twitter nor have i ever seen it, i have only heard of it.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Stuart Hayes Hiya, I'm Paul and I write under my full name Paul Stuart Hayes. Last year I published my first Sherlock Holmes book, entitled Requiem for Sherlock Holmes - more info can be found here: http://www.hiddentigerbooks.co.uk/req...
I don't use Twitter much but you can find me at @sherlockian1887. Feel free to follow me, but expect tumbleweeds. :-)

message 5: by Blacky (new)

Blacky | 6 comments hey
paul i will look for your Sherlock Holmes book.
instead of my twitter name i will introduce myself, i am in grade 11, obviously i don't use my real name and it seems that we are all fans of Sherlock Holmes.
although this has nothing to do with Sherlock, i just want to ask you for some advice on writing an essay.

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul Stuart Hayes Blacky wrote: "hey
paul i will look for your Sherlock Holmes book.
instead of my twitter name i will introduce myself, i am in grade 11, obviously i don't use my real name and it seems that we are all fans of She..."

Hi Blacky,
The only advice I can really give you is to research the subject that you're writing about. It helps if the subject is something that you're interested in but there is so much info on the web a little research can go a long way.
Good luck with the essay,
Paul

message 7: by Blacky (new)

Blacky | 6 comments thank you for your advice, it was very helpful.
since you have published a book,i am trying to make a poster that may actually capture what Sherlock Holmes is about whether it's the cartoon or book or movie the poster should be able to capture all of it. how do you think the poster should like?

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul Stuart Hayes I'm not that great at art or design so can't help much I'm afraid. Perhaps if you search for 'Sherlock Holmes artwork' in Google some of the images there would give you inspiration.

message 9: by Blacky (new)

Blacky | 6 comments so i have this friend who never heard of Sherlock Holmes , what book should i tell her to start with. there are so many books, many great books?

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Caudell (saracaudell) Hi, I'm Sara Caudell. I write mysteries, contemporary western mysteries (very little romance). The setting is in modern day ranching community of Colorado. They are not necessarily murders, just mysteries. I like any good mystery that takes intelligence and knowledge to solve. I realize that should be obvious but now days I have found it isn't.
I am open for suggestions for good books that are not Holmes books (I have read them all years ago.)

The only book I have published (self-published) is They Don't Shoot Horses. My first attempt at writing. My next one will be out when it comes back (again) from the editor.

message 11: by Dominic (new)

Dominic Lopez | 1 comments Hello, I am Dominic Lopez. I have always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes. I have recently begun trying to make a living recording audiobooks, most of which have turned out to be Sherlock Holmes books. You can find out more about my audio work here- https://www.facebook.com/dominiclopez...