Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > RIP Chinua Achebe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 304 comments "We must hear all the stories... And by hearing all the stories, we will find points of contact and communication, and the world story, the Great Story, will have a chance to develop."

– Chinua Achebe

He wrote some great stuff - I hope he's at peace now.

message 3: by Dan's (new)

Dan's | 1 comments OOuuh yeah I caught a glimpse of his name briefly in BBC news, supposedly Nelson Mandella himshelf found his work veryinspiring.

The previous book Davi talked about, was also highlighted as well. But on those topics, I got other priorities myself

message 4: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I disliked Things Fall Apart when I read it in college. I suspect it's one of those books I'd better appreciate as a more mature adult.

message 5: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 369 comments Misha wrote: "I disliked Things Fall Apart when I read it in college. I suspect it's one of those books I'd better appreciate as a more mature adult."

Weird thing for me was that I enjoyed it during my teen years(though I never read it for marks), and borrowed it from my brother, I thought that it was a compelling novel. I tried to read it recently, but I couldn't get into the plot. I just haated it, the plot was way to stagnant for me. By the way, Achebe writes magnificent poetry.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.