Beta Reader Group discussion

Are you my perfect beta?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (last edited Mar 22, 2013 05:47AM) (new)

J. Leann (jleannauthor) | 5 comments I am in desperate need of a beta reader/butt kicker.

I am currently into the sixth chapter of a new novella/novel length story I've been working on off and on for the past year. I've finally buckled down and decided to write it.

When I write, I tend to get each chapter out first and then do two or three reads to check for grammar, flow and overused phrases. I then take two or three reads to each chapter before it to make sure everything flows and is tight.

But that doesn't mean it's done. Sometimes I get so into what I'm doing that I miss the forest for the trees. I'll have a misplaced comma here or a time flow issue there. Sometimes details don't quite match up that quick few key strokes can fix.

Do you think you can give me an honest critique and catch any errors I might have missed? Then you are the beta for me, and I'd love to hear from you.

Here is a quick synopsis of the story: (names and places subject to change. They are only preliminary.)

Teegan, a young bartender, has her own "disability." She can smell people, not just their natural odor, but on a much deeper level. Bring in Colum, a brooding cambrion male, and how does Teegan cope in the small town of Sheldon, Mississippi, the mecca of those not considered normal?

message 2: by Argie (new)

Argie | 24 comments id love to beta for you!! arg0220@aol.com

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne | 3 comments What a great idea for a book! I'm in for a beta read if you're up it.

briruf@aol.com

message 4: by Sassy Beta Reading & Review (last edited Mar 23, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

Sassy Beta Reading & Review (sasers) | 27 comments I have beta read for approx. 25 authors and always looking to read for more. If you are interested in having me beta read for you, please email me at sasers@mediacombb.net

message 5: by J. (new)

J. Leann (jleannauthor) | 5 comments Ok. Honestly I like the idea of having two or three separate beta readers.

I will send you ladies all the same sample pages so I can see how your styles are, if that is alright. The pages will be from a different project than this one.

message 6: by Chauna (new)

Chauna (chaunac) | 23 comments I'd love to beta for you! chauna.carlson@gmail.com