PALESTINE discussion

Christian Zionism

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hilda (new)

Hilda Reilly | 4 comments I think that the greatest obstacle to peace in the Middle East is Christian Zionism due to the influence of the religious right in the US, and it's one that isn't generally recognized. I spent six months living in the West Bank, including a few days undercover in the Israeli settlement of Ariel. I write about it in my travel book, Prickly Pears of Palestine Prickly Pears of Palestine by Hilda Reilly and I also give talks about it in the UK.

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (timothyniedermann) | 15 comments I have to agree. In the US, it is the Christian Zionist who drive US-Israel policy. The Jews are diverse and it is unfair to say they all support Israel blindly. The Christian Zionists on the other hand, ARE blind. And unfortunately they wield unbelievable influence in Washington. The irony is that on Judgement Day, they expect the Jews everywhere to convert to Christianity or perish in the flames. Not very nice, in my opinion. Christians need to stop treating Israel as a political plaything and try to actually help solve the problems there--meaning justice for the Palestinians and peace for everyone.