Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eragon discussion

Is it worth it?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Athena Hey so I read Eragon a few years back and I really enjoyed it. But when I started the second one I could get past the first 20 pages.

I've been trying to convince myself to re-read Eragon and continue the series, to those who have read the whole series, is it worth the read?

James Wall Yes just for the bittersweet ending.

Sarah Yes you should. Brisingr is a whole lot better than Eldest and Eragon and Inheritance is absolutely awesome.

Davor I am a little older than the intended audience(40) but I still liked the series. Is it worth it? I was for me, I enjoyed the characters and story. Is it a little juvenile? Sure but the guy was young when he wrote the series. Each books gets better and I totally agree with the ending. It was done well.
All depends what you are looking for. If you want blood, sex, hard violence or something profound to change your life, find another book.
If you are looking for a pleasant read, a book that makes you happy. This is it.

Davor

Erin Honestly after Eragon it took me three tries and several months to read Brisingr and Eldest and I havent even cracked Inheritance however I do think it is worth it, if not just to know what happens in the end

Sully Is Eragon worth it? Heck Yeah! I've read the series at least five times, and I keep coming back for more. And even though Eldest isn't the best (don't tell anyone I said that), Brisinger and Inheritance are AMAZING!!!! So, is Eragon worth it? What do you think?

Steven Eldest was the toughest one for me to get through simply because it featured too much of Roran (my opinion). However, I've read the series twice and it is definitely one of my all time favorites!

Ryan This was a good series. But I almost despise the way Poalini ended it. Inheritance was good until the end. But this series is definitely worth reading. There is a lot to this world and I'm glad I read it. But just don't start liking Arya to much.

Stacey I love eragon, it is a must read. the series is worth the read

message 10: by Sparrowlicious (last edited Mar 23, 2013 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sparrowlicious Not at all. If you want to give it another try, try an audiobook. The first time I tried reading this thing I had to stop when Brom and Eragon were travelling for the first time because I couldn't go on reading. The story was just too stupid for me. I'm listening to the audiobooks of the series now when I'm cooking or going to work or home (that's a 15 minute walk each). Though there were a lot of times when I wanted to throw my hands up in frustration about the stupidity in these novels it sure helps getting through them.

message 11: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Mar 23, 2013 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iesha (In east shade house at...) It's a good read if you are into the whole dragons, sword fighting,good vs bad, elves, etc., but if you don't have a love or like for fantasy type genre then I wouldn't recommend reading this book. I personality loved the Eragon series from beginning to end. It's one of my favorite actually.

Thomas its a good book but drags on a bit

laughingdoves The first three are definitely worth it but the final book...not so much.

message 14: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina It's worth it :)

Thomas Kim wrote: "Don't bother, the writing is poor and amateurish. You would be better off reading something else, something of a higher quality."

I wouldn't go as far as to say the writing is poor, it can be a very enjoyable read, though the writer is not an experienced writer and his skills are not as polished as some authors, it is still a good book but just about 1 and a half books too long. all considered
3 1/2-4 stars

message 16: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna M. Watson I quite enjoyed the books. I never had trouble reading Eldest. And Brisingr was great! The last one was also pretty good. I had several specific problems with it, but overall, very enjoyable and I'm glad I read them.

laughingdoves The author was 14 when he began writing Eragon, so it's a bit premature to say the quality is amateurish

message 18: by MJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

MJ YES! I read them when I was in far nine.. AMAZING!

took me like a month... for all four... and the last one is SO THICK!!!!!!!

they were REALLY good.

read them read them read them read them!