The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Quentin Tarantino’s Movies, If They Were Classic Paperbacks

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6784 comments Mod

Awesome.

fullsize

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 52 comments Absolutely fantastic. I've still not seen Death Proof, but picked up Inglourious Basterds for a couple of quid in HMV the other day. Can't wait to sit down with that film and a cold beer.

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Death Proof isn't as good as some of his other movies..but I enjoyed/own it.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Ebner | 3 comments For a future collectors edition... woudl definately work. Maybe a bit more creativity on the Inglouriuus Basterds cover... there are like a million bad WWII novels out there, that actually have that cover.

Who's the artist?

message 5: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6261 comments I don't get the pulp fiction.

message 6: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Tamahome wrote: "I don't get the pulp fiction."

You don't remember the scene with Bruce Willis, John Travolta and the toaster?

message 7: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Richard wrote: "Who's the artist?"

Sorry. I should have included that:

http://www.sharmmurugiah.com/Quentin-...

message 8: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6261 comments Rob wrote: "Tamahome wrote: "I don't get the pulp fiction."

You don't remember the scene with Bruce Willis, John Travolta and the toaster?"

I didn't remember the toaster. (spoiler) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHO6nB...

Joe Informatico (joeinformatico) | 888 comments Richard wrote: "For a future collectors edition... woudl definately work. Maybe a bit more creativity on the Inglouriuus Basterds cover... there are like a million bad WWII novels out there, that actually have that cover."

Heh, my copy of The Eagle Has Landed pretty much has that exact cover.

message 10: by Rasnac (new)

Rasnac | 336 comments Great work! But Iwould put either a burning celluloid film roll or a hand with a sleeve of a Nazi officer uniform making the "wrong" gesture of two with his fingers.

message 11: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments That's fantastic but I also didn't remember the toaster.

message 12: by Rob, Roberator (new)

How do you all forget the toaster? that's the best part..lol.

Now I really need to find time this weekend to watch Pulp Fiction.

message 13: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments I think about the briefcase (although I think part of that is due to Community) or the gimp or the watch.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1862 comments I am just another person who didn't remember the toaster. Surely a Royale with cheese would have been better for Pulp Fiction.

message 15: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments Yes! Royal with cheese! Ruth wins.

message 16: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Mar 22, 2013 10:13PM) (new)

Tassie Dave | 3540 comments Mod
The toaster scene was a great scene. (Warning: This is the Vincent Vega death scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GfJSx...

For Pulp Fiction I would have chosen a graphic of a hand raised holding a hypodermic needle (with a small drop of liquid just about to drop off the point)

The Inglourious Basterds image they use is the same as on the DVD I own.

description

message 17: by Miles (new)

Miles Reid-lobatto | 6 comments I think that Tarintino's films are more suited to the era of tacky pulp paperbacks from the 50s than these. Still great though!