Indonesians Who Love English Books discussion

Latest Book Purchase

Comments Showing 1-50 of 560 (560 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 244 comments Just want to know, what the last book (or books) you just recently bought? Share here, and don't forget from what bookstore you bought it :)

message 2: by Femmy (new)

Femmy | 301 comments City of Dragons by Robin Hobb from the Book Depository.

message 3: by Lynossa, Resident Connoisseur (new)

Lynossa | 485 comments Mod
I bought Sophie's World, One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Art of the Novel and End of the World Blues from betterworldbooks. All are secondhand books.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I bought Sister Assassin (Sister Assassin, #1) by Kiersten White and Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter froom bookdepo:-)

message 5: by Ayuningtyas (new)

Ayuningtyas (renayuningtyas) | 14 comments The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, and Liesl & Po byLauren Oliver. bought it all from Periplus online.

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Isabella (el_len7887) | 18 comments Three days ago I bought The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer, Bunheads by Sophie Flack and The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen from Kinokuniya bookstore in Grand Indonesia..

message 7: by Reza, The Curator (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
I use mainly e-books for my day-to-day reading consumption. Nowadays I buy actual books to collect. Latest one would be this edition of Norwegian Wood. (2003 Vintage) from TBD. It's gorgeous.
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

message 8: by Rachel, First Lady (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:01AM) (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) | 698 comments Mod
Last book I bought was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's for a friend.

EDIT: Oh, from Kinokuniya :)

message 9: by Oon (new)

Oon (oonisme) | 132 comments Reza wrote: "I use mainly e-books for my day-to-day reading consumption. Nowadays I buy actual books to collect. Latest one would be this edition of Norwegian Wood. (2003 Vintage) from TBD. It's gorgeous.
[book..."

Yes yes! Murakami's book covers from that edition set is absolutely beautiful, it's tempting me to buy it again.

BTW if you have a lot of money, there is a publisher, The Folio Society, whose specialty is beautifully designed, lavish books. Their edition of Tolkien's Lord of Rings Trilogy, here, just make me cream my pants

message 10: by Reza, The Curator (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
@Oon: That's gorgeous, anyway better not to derail this thread. I made an appropriate thread right here.

message 11: by shanghao (new)

shanghao (sanshow) | 126 comments I bought The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2 at eslite when I was in Taipei. Cute little volume :)

message 12: by Dini (last edited Mar 23, 2013 06:32AM) (new)

Dini | 107 comments I bought A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway at Aksara Plaza Indonesia to read alongside The Paris Wife.

message 13: by Namida (new)

Namida Puti (puti) | 95 comments i just bought Manuscript Found in Accra - Paulo Coelho from Periplus Kelapa Gading. ;-)

message 14: by Ikao (new)

Ikao (ikaoduck) | 7 comments I bought Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Wonder by RJ Palacio last week :)

message 15: by Biondy (new)

Biondy | 103 comments I just bought Love the One You're With from Periplus.

message 16: by Tiza (new)

message 17: by Femmy (new)

Femmy | 301 comments Just bought Acacia from Kobo.

message 18: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 244 comments I just bought Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost , Demon Bound (Black London, #2) by Caitlin Kittredge and Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher from Open Trolley. Prefer OT now, since the delivery can be traced.

message 19: by Cegaris (new)

Cegaris | 4 comments Bought Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Princess Collector's First Edition from Kinokuniya Singapore last week..

message 20: by Nana (new)

Nana (marsh113) | 44 comments How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler and How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer via opentrolley (same purchase date) for paperback and Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1) by Abbi Glines for ebook.

message 21: by Eva (last edited May 01, 2013 01:39AM) (new)

Eva (miki-sensei) | 8 comments Hello, new member here. I've recently bought The Cabinet of Curiosities (Pendergast, #3) by Douglas Preston for paperback by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, also The Reluctant Assassin (W.A.R.P., #1) by Eoin Colfer by Eoffin Coffler.

I bought those books online from www.thebookdepository.com great website and freeshipping worldwide.

message 22: by Lala Sampurno (new)

Lala Sampurno | 19 comments amba - laksmi pamuntjak, negeri para bedebah - tere liye, the great gatsby - john f. fritzgerald, the little prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

message 23: by Lala Sampurno (new)

Lala Sampurno | 19 comments Ikao wrote: "I bought Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Wonder by RJ Palacio last week :)"

I've just bought Wonder about a month ago, started about 1-2 chapters then stopped and picked up other books, hehehehe.

message 24: by Lala Sampurno (new)

Lala Sampurno | 19 comments Oon wrote: "Reza wrote: "I use mainly e-books for my day-to-day reading consumption. Nowadays I buy actual books to collect. Latest one would be this edition of Norwegian Wood. (2003 Vintage) from TBD. It's go..."

Okay, I opened 'The Folio Society'. Thanks for making me drool...

message 25: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 38 comments just bought American Gods by Neil Gaiman

message 26: by Zaky (last edited May 10, 2013 11:54PM) (new)

Zaky (zakyadevie) | 4 comments shidney sheldon,tell me your dream....amazing,about people have a lot personality,kind a psicho sickness... shidney sheldon by shidney sheldon

message 27: by Tiza (last edited May 11, 2013 12:44AM) (new)

Tiza | 22 comments I am waiting for The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, Traitor's Moon and Tender Morsels from betterworldbooks with bated breath.

message 28: by Inka (new)

Inka (ivankaph) | 11 comments I just bought The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan ....I didn't really understand it at first, but now i'm enjoying it..I bought it from Gramedia bookstore

message 29: by Rachel, First Lady (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) | 698 comments Mod
Ahh, first time in this thread and I love it already.

My most recent purchase is Tina Fey's Bossypants; it has a lot of references that I don't really get considering I didn't grow up in the States, but I'm familiar with Tina's work enough that I can keep up. Some bits are hilarious and some really get you thinking. Still halfway through and quite enjoying it.

Hello Inka! I have plans to read The Red Pyramid too. Hope you're enjoying it and hope that I will too, later. Haha :)

message 30: by Maria (new)

Maria | 29 comments Just bought Little Men & Jo's Boys, by Louisa May Alcott, on impulse (as usual). While I havent finished the 2nd book (Good Wives) yet...
Bought it from Aksara Bookstore.

message 31: by Reviewsbythegeek (new)

Reviewsbythegeek | 27 comments I buy free kindle books from Amazon almost every day, does that count? But, I also bought The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides by Jeffrey Eugenides, The Cardturner A Novel about a King, a Queen, and a Joker by Louis Sachar by Louis Sachar, Before The Poison by Peter Robinson by Peter Robinson, and Untold Story by Monica Ali by Monica Ali at Periplus when it was having World Book Day promotional discount. All paperbacks. It's still going until today, so if you have time, you should check it out. You could check my blog to see people's testimonials of the event there.

message 32: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (julianadebora) | 29 comments My latest book purchase was The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton by Enid Blyton. I bought it from Book Depository. I haven't the time to read it though. :D

message 33: by Citra (new)

Citra Amelia (citra_amelia) | 5 comments my latest purchase are My Kind of Girl (by: Buddhadeva Bose), The Art of Hearing Heartbeats (by: Jan-Phillip Sendker), The Paradise Guest House (by: Ellen Sussman) from bookdepository, also Love and Death in Bali (by: Vicki Baum) from Periplus :D

message 34: by Femmy (new)

Femmy | 301 comments Just bought Breakthrough from The Book Depository. I watched And The Band Played On on HBO last night and was fascinated by people who dedicate their efforts to uncover the mystery surrounding an unknown disease, which later is called AIDS. So I thought I might treat myself with another tale about a medical breakthrough.

message 35: by Maria (new)

Maria | 29 comments Just received my packages from Periplus Online about a few days ago. I bought Great Short Works of Fyodor Doestoevsky, The Aleph and Other Stories by J.L. Borges, The Metamorphosis and Other Stories by F.Kafka and Ward no 6 and other Stories by A.Chekov.
Yep, I love short stories collection! :P

message 36: by Lynossa, Resident Connoisseur (new)

Lynossa | 485 comments Mod
Finally ended my book buying ban and bought The Twelve (The Passage, #2) by Justin Cronin
Can't hold myself any longer, that's why...

message 37: by Namida (new)

Namida Puti (puti) | 95 comments Few days a go i, impulsively bought Ghost Knight by Cornelia Funke , Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare , Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare ...
And now those three books just lay on my shelves coz i'm too bussy to read.. i think, i wont buy any book this month..totally broke :D

message 38: by Biondy (new)

Biondy | 103 comments Just bought
Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne from OpenTrolley.

The first one is for our group read along, while the second one is for my reading challenge.

message 39: by Anny (new)

Anny | 225 comments Went on a killing spree on Periplus and bought The Litigators by John Grisham , The Confession by John Grisham , The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver , State of Wonder by Ann Patchett , Fatherland by Robert Harris and The World Until Yesterday What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? by Jared Diamond

Now I only have to stay away from Periplus for the next six months

message 40: by Ratri (new)

Ratri Anugrah (ratrianugrah) | 12 comments I bought The Carrie Diaries (The Carrie Diaries, #1) by Candace Bushnell The Last Boyfriend (Forever Love, #1) by J.S. Cooper and The Story of Us by Deb Caletti from iBook store :) I prefer physical book but since I couldn't wait to read them so I bought the ebook version.

message 41: by Ds (last edited Jun 03, 2013 04:55AM) (new)

Ds Goh | 67 comments I just bought Terry Pratchett's 'Soul Music', Erin Morgensten's The Night Circus, Le Guin's 'The Tombs of Atuan' and Dani Alexander's 'Shattered Glass'
My poor poor bank account. OTL.

Oh, almost forget, I bought them at Amazon.

message 42: by Beatrice C. (new)

Beatrice C. (beatricecwalter) | 10 comments Inferno by Dan Brown and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

message 43: by Mario (new)

Mario Gaol | 15 comments Just bought Mr. Bliss by J.R.R. Tolkien by Tolkien. Just found it in Kino and thought "okay I want to see another side of Tolkien"

message 44: by Cinantya (last edited Jun 04, 2013 01:51AM) (new)

Cinantya (cinantyakumala) Hi. I just joined this group (:
I just bought these

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green 1Q84  by Haruki Murakami The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Crank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Vintage Classics Collection Includes Little Women, Secret Garden, Alice in Wonderland by Various Coraline by Neil Gaiman

message 45: by Anny (new)

Anny | 225 comments Little Prince will always be my favorite. So sweet and touching.

You might be interested in the author's other work: Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

message 46: by Oon (new)

Oon (oonisme) | 132 comments Cinantya wrote: "Hi. I just joined this group (:
I just bought these

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green1Q84  by Haruki MurakamiThe Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupéryCrank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins[bookcover:Vi..."

I sincerely hope you still can make ends meet :D

and welcome :D

message 47: by Namida (new)

Namida Puti (puti) | 95 comments Wow, Murakami 1Q84, 945 pages...good luck with that. But you wont regret it..the story is interesting :-)

message 48: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 38 comments American Gods by Neil Gaiman

message 49: by Mario (new)

Mario Gaol | 15 comments Just bought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl from OpenTrolley.co.id thx to Lynossa:-D

message 50: by Reza, The Curator (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
Saw The Bat (Harry Hole, #1) by Jo Nesbø at the bottom of a shelf at B&B. Next thing I know I'm 50 pages deep. Ha!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12