Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Down and Out in Beverly Heels
This topic is about Down and Out in Beverly Heels
Giveaway Ends; Author Q&A Up Next!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Thanks to the 829 people who entered the giveaway for Down and Out in Beverly Heels. Congratulations to the five winners! Your ARC copies and signed bookmarks went in the mail today and you should be receiving them soon. Sorry to the other 824 people! Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on D&O and join me for my Author Chat right here April 8-12. The book launches next Tuesday, March 26 and is available everywhere books are sold. It's available in print and for the Kindle. Send me your proof of purchase and you'll receive a signed book mark. Snail mail a copy of the receipt to Kathryn Leigh Scott, PO Box 17217, Beverly Hills, CA 90209 or email to pompressweb@gmail.com. See you back here on April 8!

Cheers,

Kathryn Leigh Scott

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
I'm excited about tomorrow! Hope you to see you here. Cheers,
KLS

Stephanie | 171 comments I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for the fact I was never a famous actress, super rich or beautiful! Aside from that, I went through lots of the crazy stuff she went through. Boy, do I have some tales to tell! I thought of writing a book myself about my time living out of my car, but then you wrote it for me! Thank you for saving me the trouble! Really though, I love the book and can really relate to it.

You'll know the person who insisted she get the book for me, Anne Hearn. I mentioned to her how I seldom read anymore because I feel guilty if I'm not doing something to try and earn money. I told her I was tempted to read your book though, because it sounded so much like my story, and of course because we love anything you do! I think you know that! The thing is, even if I didn't know who in the world you were, I'd still love the book. Talk to ya tomorrow! SLP

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn wrote: "I'm excited about tomorrow! Hope you to see you here. Cheers,
KLS"

Me too! I posted a longer reply to your comment, but I forgot you're supposed to press reply, not add a new comment! I think I'm getting back up to speed though & remembering how this thing works for the new discussion starting tomorrow. Talk to you then! Stephanie

message 5: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris (prismtrail) | 15 comments Not sure when it starts! I just popped over here and don't see anything going on.
Chris

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn,
Naturally I forgot my GoodReads password (LOL) and today my dr held me hostage for several hours while she xrayed me and showed me some stretching exercises (for my back - I really pulled ALL the muscles!). So when I started copying her stretching exercises I went straight into some YOGA and she nearly tangled herself up and fell over!! Good thing we are friends!! I believe Stephanie told you she read your book!! I check Amazon and it seems to be doing really well!! Between you and Lara Parker, I could have a very nice addition to my collection of books!!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for the fact I was never a famous ..."

Stephanie!! I told you, this could be the best way to take a break and take stock of what you really want to do!! Isn't Kathryn's book great??

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for the fact I w..."

Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for the fact I w..."

Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for the fact I w..."

It sure was a good book, but believe me Anne and Kathryn, I take too many breaks! I need to take a break from taking breaks! I need to do something novel like work harder, not relax and read novels! Kathryn's book was my special treat. Now to get back to "hooking" and "stripping". Oh my! I'll have to let Kathryn know what that's all about! When you're down and out, like I was, and still am, you just have to get creative! ;}

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm really looking forward to it too! I love the book so far. Only a few more pages to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. Meg reminds me so much of myself, except for..."

Stephanie,
Tell Kathryn all about it! It might inspire parts of her sequel!!

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn,
Was it hard for you to distance yourself from the "Beverly Hills" atmosphere to write this book or did it help?? The lifestyle there seems so different from any I have encountered - even in Europe.

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments I know "my town" so well and it was fun to write about the places that I'm drawn to. I always hate reading (or seeing a movie!) about a place I know well and know the geography is askew. Beverly Hills is really a village with a lot of visitors . . . and I'm not sure that for many it is also a state of mind.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Down and Out in Beverly Heels (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathryn Leigh Scott (other topics)