What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. probably recent, teen girl with abusive & alcoholic mother, loving step-father

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kkascm (new)

Kkascm | 5 comments I don't really know how this works, but I was hoping someone could help me with the name of a forgotten title..Sorry I have no names to go on, but HOPEFULLY someone has read this book too and can remember the name...
Is was about a teenage girl who lost her father and went to live with someone because her mom became an alcoholic after her dad died...She met a boy at the new school she went with that she liked alot...
Her mom started trying to her her to move back with her and said she had stopped drinking, so she gave it a try...Her mom was still drinking some, but started heavily after the guy she started seeing seemed to care about the daughter...
The mom was really jealous and started verbally abusing the girl and it got worse when the boyfriend started taking the side of the daughter...
He saved her life from one of her mom's shady friends and end up killing the guy...He started wanting to see the daughter "as friends" when he and the mom split...He felt a connection with the daughter because he had been abused as a child and he had set his childhood home on fire with his parents in the house trying to kill the dad, but his mom and sibling were in there also...
She end up having to tell the guy to leave her alone and that she didn't love him back...She wanted to be with the guy she had met at school that she liked...

***I would appreciate any help...I hope that is enough to go by...Thank you so much!

message 2: by Kkascm (new)

Kkascm | 5 comments ...This was an ebook purchased on Amazon.com, if that helps any at all...

message 3: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 191 comments Maybe that book is still in your account? Even if you deleted in from your device it should be there. You can go back to last years's buys and beyond.

message 4: by Kkascm (new)

Kkascm | 5 comments Yes, I tried that...I have over 1,000 and read each description, but still couldn't figure which one it was...I appreciate you replying to my question...Thanks so much!

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) I'm changing your thread title to be more specific to your book - let me know if I make a mistake.

If nobody knows this right away, feel free to bump the thread every month or two - somebody might read it and then be able to help you.

message 6: by Kkascm (new)

Kkascm | 5 comments ok...Thank you so much!!!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Kkascm, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.