Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Competitions > Competition Ideas

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany What about a creative writing competition?

message 2: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) ☯BRITTANY wrote: "What about a creative writing competition?"

I like this idea!

In each competition there could be a theme to work with, or a few words/phrases to use as prompts that have to be included somewhere in the submission.

message 3: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Croft (lyncroft) | 14 comments Prompts are super fun. I like using pictures myself to write to. How about Author's offering up a copy of their book as a prize. I'm willing to donate for the cause. <3

message 4: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Aoife wrote: "Okay do you mean like if I gave you a sentance say; A shiver raced across my body, I knew someone was watching me.

Something like that and then you write a piece about 500 to 1,000 words long?

a..."

Hi Aoife! That could work, definitely!

The prompts I've seen will have a half dozen or so words or short phrases that everyone will have to fit into their submission in their own way.

For example:
1. lonely forest
2. burned
3. talisman
4. ebony hair
5. sleepwalking
6. hamburger (Kidding, but it would be fun to try to fit that in there somewhere!)

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Taylor Should I hold a poll for the first competition I do? Y'all have any new ideas of fav. Competitions you've seen and/or have done before?

message 6: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Halland (kyrahalland) No ideas for competitions right now, but I'm always willing to donate ebook copies of my books for prizes.

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Taylor Will you PM me with the title and number of copies, 1-whatever is fine with me!! And thank you.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Okay, I was looking the "writing a Synopsis" thread, and I was thinking...we should do a synopsis contest. Just let me know if that idea is dumb or what! ;)

message 9: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Taylor No I think it'd be a good idea

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Taylor But what would we use to write the synopsis about? Take one already written and re-write it? Or a book that's a group read and we all write our own when the read is over?

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) A group read.

message 12: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Taylor That's what I was thinking, anyone else have any thoughts??

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread