Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 849 (849 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by JJ (new)

JJ Holding Let Us Get To Know Each Other

message 2: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Rockefeller (laurelarockefeller) The Great Succession Crisis Extended Edition (Peers of Beinan, #1.8) by Laurel A. Rockefeller The Ghosts of the Past (Peers of Beinan, #2) by Laurel A. Rockefeller
Hello all. I am new author Laurel A. Rockefeller, the mind behind the Peers of Beinan series (both the first and second books have giveaways at the moment).

I am a world builder; my books are set in another galaxy and strongly influenced by my knowledge of medieval history and my many years in the Society for Creative Anachronism.

It's not your typical paranormal romance, science fiction, or fantasy. But it's a rich an vibrant world; you can even make food I invented for the stories thanks to a recipe at the back of Great Succession crisis extended edition!

thank you for your kind consideration of my work.

message 3: by JJ (new)

JJ Holding I Will Start a Topic Where authors Can Post links to Giveaways and you could add yours.

message 4: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Thank you for the kind invite, Paranormal! I'm happy to meet you and the other group members. I'm Rosanna Leo and I write paranormal erotic romance (mostly). I specialize in Greek gods, selkies and am just starting a new bear shifter series set in the wilds of Northern Ontario.
I have 5 books here on Goodreads and love sharing ideas on what makes the paranormal world special.
Thanks for having me!

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 131 comments This looks like an exciting group! I'm Brandy. A paranormal junkie glad to meet fellow addicts.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Gannon (elizabethgannon) | 3 comments Hi all,
My name's Elizabeth Gannon. I write superhero romance novels, as it gives me a chance to really create whatever I want without worrying about rules for supernatural races established by other authors over the years. Since every character I write has thier own unique power, I don't have to worry about that.

Let's see, I prefer books about imperfect people doing imperfect things. I'm usually the person voting for the bad guy. Vader should be killing the Ewoks, Draco is so much more awesome than Rocky, Cobra could beat GI Joe, Maleficent should destroy Sleeping Beauty, etc. Don't know why, really. It usually makes reading some books a pain though, as I honestly like the bad guy more than the hero. I totally would have picked him. ;)

My sister Cassandra Gannon is also an author here on Goodreads, and I spend a lot of time working with her on cover design, blog posts and brainstorming plot ideas.

I like comic books, soap operas, and cheesy movies/songs from the 80's. I'm currently attending graduate school and my favorite TV shows at the moment are Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, Walking Dead and Supernatural.

message 7: by JJ (new)

JJ Holding Welcome to the group everyone feel free to promote any books here

message 8: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (aliathena) Hey everyone.
My name is Alexandria, but call me Ali for short. I adore urban fantasy and paranormal books. Hoping to talk with people with the same book interests :)

message 9: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Hi everyone! Hope you all get a chance to read some goo books this weekend. Cheers!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Hi my name is Jackie, I am obsessed with paranormal books :D

message 11: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Croft (lyncroft) | 14 comments Hi everyone! My name is Lyn Croft, and I'm a Sci-fi writer. My new book was just released, and I'm looking for a few honest reviewers to help get my book out there a little more. Stop by my sites for more info.

p.s. A HUGE thanks to Paranormal for running this blog. <3
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-and-Lilie...

message 12: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 1 comments Hi im Saturnus, 17 years old, from Sweden. I love so many books that it would take to long time to count and im a big fan of movies

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Pearl (melissapearl) | 8 comments Thanks so much for the invite. It's very cool to be here.
I am an indie author with 5 books published so far. I have a YA fantasy trilogy coming out this year.

I describe myself as an author who likes to write a fast-paced, yet emotional novels. I want readers to get lost in my stories... and to laugh, cry and fall in love.

I am a huge movie fan and my ultimate dream is to see my books on screen one day :)

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina | 3 comments Hey! I'm Christina. I adore PNR, UF and the like. The book that transformed me into a PNR obsessed crazy person was A Hunger Like No Other. I can't wait to see some new author's takes on the genre.

I read A LOT! I just don't do many reviews. I envy those of you who have blogs and have actually reviewed all of the books you've read. I figure that joining this group will light the fire under my tush and I will actually say something about (rather than just rating) the books I read.

message 15: by JJ (new)

JJ Holding If you would like to start reviewing check out our RaR we have a few good books free in exchange for a review.

message 16: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Christina wrote: "Hey! I'm Christina. I adore PNR, UF and the like. The book that transformed me into a PNR obsessed crazy person was A Hunger Like No Other. I can't wait to see some new author's takes on the genre...."

I envy the reviewers too, Christina! I don't know how they do it! I'm happy writing, but just don't have the talent to review. :)

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nike13) Hello! Just got invited by my friend Cassandra. I love all three genres this group is about and enjoy finding out about new books. Not that my to-read list needs more additions but still.

Some of my favorites serieses are Mercy Thompson, Dresden Files, Hunger Games, and the Lunar Chronicles.

message 18: by Sonali (new)

Sonali | 1 comments Hey everyone!
I am a new addition to this group. I an avid reader of paranormal romance and urban fantasy which I assume I'm giong to find in bulk in this group. I have my book review blog called Review Buzzz

message 19: by J.J. (new)

J.J. DiBenedetto | 651 comments Hi, I've just joined as well. I'm also an author - my series is on Kindle...

Dream Student is the first book, and my author page is: J.J. DiBenedetto

I'd love more reviews, and I'll be glad to review others, too (I've already got two reviews I owe, so it might be a few days before I can do another), so just ask...

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin Morgan (robinleighmorgan) Retired cival servant
Married.
No children.
My first YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss, entitled “I Kissed a Ghost,” got released on December 20, 2012.

I’m on the following blog sites
http://www.mypennameonly.blogspot.com
http://www.mypennameonly.wordpress.com or
http://www.mypennameonly.webs.com [my website/blog]
and finally I’m also on
http://www.mypennameonly.tumblr.com

You can follow me on
FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/mypennameonly
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mypennameonly

I’m also on LinkedIn where I have two groups :
Authors/Writers Helping Authors/Writers http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=41...

Young Adult Book Authors
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=45...

If you do interviews on your blog I might be interested in being interviewed.

message 21: by Marie (new)

Marie Dufour (marierosedufour) | 1 comments Hi all,
Thanks for inviting me to join this group. My name is Marie Rose Dufour. In January, I release the first in a trilogy of paranormal erotic romance novels. The series is called The Bound Series and the very first is called Bound in Evil. I hope to make many new friends and entice many new readers!

message 22: by Debra Jayne (new)

Debra Jayne East (debrajayneeast) | 2 comments Hello.My name is Debra Jayne East and I write paranormal romance.My first book is called Radiance:Love after Death,I have a new book called Crimson Snow coming out soon.Nice to be here.I'm available for blog interviews or exchanges just e-mail me at heart-stone@live.com

message 23: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Brown Hi! I'm Tina Brown. Recently published my memoirs, A Life Not My Own. having a ball getitng the word out about the book. Hoping you will read, share and leave comment:) http://author-tmbrown-com.webs.com/ab...

message 24: by Sasha (new)

Sasha 1011 | 1 comments hi everyone im Sasha. i love anything paranormal. my first paranormal was a Christine Fehhan dark series novel when i was 15. i have been addicted to paranomal ever since. its good to be here to be able to discuss what i love with people who share a similar passion

message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise Afia (deniseafia) Hey everyone my names Denise and I'm from London :) I love Paranormal Romance books ! add me as a friend and I'll Accept kind of new to this so my notifications are boring

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie Carroll (katielcarroll) Hi! My name is Katie L. Carroll and I write, read, and edit fantasy, paranormal, and romance. My own book is a YA fantasy called Elixir Bound out from MuseItUp Publishing. Elixir Bound by Katie L. Carroll

My website is www.katielcarroll.com. Loved to hear from you!

message 27: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joneilnh) | 3 comments Good morning! My name is Joanne. I read all things vampire, were-whatevers, ghost, ghoul, selkies, merpeople, ect. (Well, except horror or extreme gore stories. Can't stand the nightmares they cause.)

I prefer these characters to be involved in a plot evolving around a mystery or "who'd have thought they'd make it work?" romance but those aren't a must. I do enjoy a bit of *ahem* "heat" in the stories so those geared toward the under-17 age group don't hold my attention.

My most recent "find" is the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. I'm reading "Beast Behaving Badly" right now. :-D

My most recent "what a waste of time" book was "Twilight". I just couldn't get past the 4th chapter. My 15-year-old granddaughter strongly disagrees with this opinion but the age factor may be the reason we don't agree.

The only other series that I read (without fail!) is J. D. Robb's "In Death" series. No paranormal characters (some ESP stuff in two of the books but that's it) and still it is on my "MUST READ!" list as soon as a book is published.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Joanne

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise Afia (deniseafia) Hey everyone :)
Well I'm new to this ! But yeah need more friends on this so add me and I'll accept ! If you've got any novels to recommend do so please :) need more on my to read list !
I'm into paranormal romance /urban fantasy novels !
I'm from London and yes I have the British accent

message 29: by JJ (new)

JJ Holding hello. have a look at our Read and Review booksthere are some good books there you may like. they are free but you must review them.

message 30: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joneilnh) | 3 comments Denise wrote: "Hey everyone :)
Well I'm new to this ! But yeah need more friends on this so add me and I'll accept ! If you've got any novels to recommend do so please :) need more on my to read list !
I'm into..."

Hi, Denise.

Some of my favorite series:

Broken Heart Vampires by Michele Bardsley
Accidental Friends by Dakota Cassidy
Strange Neighbors by Ashlyn Chase
Dark by Christine Feehan
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton
Tale of the Demon World & Lords of Deliverance by Larissa Ione
Dark-Hunter Universe by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Breeds by Lora Leigh
Young Brothers, Dark Ones, Light Dragons, & Silver Dragons by Katie MacAlister
Vegas Vampires by Erin McCarthy
Feral Warriors by Pamela Palmer
Immortality Bites & Living in Eden by Michelle Rowen
Argeneau & Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands
Wings in the Night by Maggie Shayne
Primes by Susan Sizemore
Love at Stake by Kerrelyn Sparks
Companion by Susan Squires
Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn
Darkyn by Lynn Viehl
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward
Novels of Others by Christine Warren
World of Lupi by Eileen Wilks

:-D Hope you find a few in there you can sink your teeth into.

Joanne

message 31: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Hi everybody! I'm Rachel from Pittsburgh, PA and I love Paranormal Romance. My favorites are The Midnight Breed Series and the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Look forward to chatting with you guys!

message 32: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joneilnh) | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "Hi everybody! I'm Rachel from Pittsburgh, PA and I love Paranormal Romance. My favorites are The Midnight Breed Series and the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Look forward to chatting with you guys!"

Good morning, Rachel.

I like those two series also. ;-D

Have a great day!

Joanne

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Lane-Hembley | 2 comments My kind of group! Thanks for contacting me on facebook! My book Paranormal Properties is only $2.99 on Kindle. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMHF6X6/?...

message 34: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Nelson Hi! I'm paranormal romance author, JD Nelson. Thanks for the invite!
You can find my work at NightAberrations.com. :-)

message 35: by Dark Phreak (last edited Mar 25, 2013 02:13PM) (new)

Dark Phreak Arts (DarkPhreakArts) | 3 comments Hi my names Gemma, I live to read, though lately life has been getting in the way and I find it hard to find the time! I currently design ebook and paperback covers, as well as web banners .... Hey if any authors reading this are interested I have done a limited number of free banners and covers!

www.darkphreakarts.wix.com/home

My genres have varied as f late and my friend Lily has got me reading some seriously random shit, but it's all good!

Nice to meetcha all
Gemz

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Daune | 10 comments I'm a paranormal addict and writer. If I'm not writing about freaky mermaids or fantasizing about vampires, you'll find me glued to a paranormal read. If you love paranormal romance,check out my debut novel Surface. Surface

message 37: by Dark Phreak (new)

Dark Phreak Arts (DarkPhreakArts) | 3 comments Tiffany wrote: "I'm a paranormal addict and writer. If I'm not writing about freaky mermaids or fantasizing about vampires, you'll find me glued to a paranormal read. If you love paranormal romance,check out my de..."

Reading and fantasising about vamps ... My kinda person! ^^

message 38: by Eva (new)

Eva Gordon Hi Everyone.
I write paranormal romance,fantasy, steampunk and historical novels. I also lecture on werewolf/wolf lore.
Yep, I'm team werewolf. Come visit my website: www.ravenauthor.com and if you like paranormal romance during a zombie apocalypse, you might want to check out Apocalyptic Moon http://tinyurl.com/bdvgak6

Any questions, just give me a howl.

message 39: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  Hi!
My name is Mirela,I'm from Croatia (southern Europe) I love to read and write I'm still learning eng grammar as you can probably see.I hope someday I'll write something worth reading.Love paranormal romance,science fiction and LGBT.
Nice to meet you all!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone,
At the moment I am writing fantasy adventure under the name of Elizabeth Wixley. I have an interest in ghosts, the supernatural, paranormal and apocalyptic stories. I love a good creepy story. However, my books are also about other very real issues, such as relationships and how us ordinary folk would react to abnormal situations.

I have also written three other books under the name Tarian Green. These are more urban gothic, with a splattering of ghosts. My books don't start off as in your face horror, they creep up on the reader and end in cataclysmic horror.

'In the Devil's Own Words', is an apocalyptic book that will shake your thinking about our world and send chills through your soul.In The Devil's Own Words In The Devil's Own Words by Elizabeth Wixley

Look forward to chatting with you all.

message 41: by Stacey (last edited Mar 25, 2013 06:01PM) (new)

Stacey Brown (staceymariebrown) | 17 comments Hey Everyone!

my name is Stacey and I write paranormal romance. I just recently released my book, Darkness of Light. Darkness Of Light by Stacey Marie Brown I live in San Francisco and an addict of reading fantasy! Who needs the real world right? ;)

message 42: by Brittany (last edited Mar 25, 2013 10:50PM) (new)

Brittany Hello! I'm Brittany, from New Zealand! I love reading and am a young aspiring author! My dream is to one day see my name on a fabulous YA book! I'm addicted to doughnuts, chocolate and Tumblr :)
Peace out <3

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, It looks like we come from all over the world. I am from the UK. I prefer the fantasy world to the real one any day. At least when i write i am able to decide who will win, good or bad. I spend most of my time with my head else where which i think annoys my family at times.

message 44: by Kyra (last edited Mar 26, 2013 11:28AM) (new)

Kyra Halland (kyrahalland) Hi, nice to meet everyone! I'm Kyra, from Tucson, Arizona. I write dark-edged romantic fantasy for adults and older teens, and that's also my favorite thing to read. My first released book is Urdaisunia Urdaisunia by Kyra Halland A prince and a rebel, whose people are sworn enemies to each other, fight to save the country they both love from invasion, betrayal, and arguing gods, and to find love against the odds. My website is http://www.kyrahalland.com

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Paranormal wrote: "Let Us Get To Know Each Other"

I'm Rayne Hall. I write fantasy and horror fiction. Some of my stories are quirky; most are dark.

I'm the author of over forty books in different genres and under different pen names, published by twelve publishers in six countries, translated into several languages. A couple of years ago I adapted to the changing publishing world and switched to indie publishing.

My short stories have been published in magazines, e-zines and anthologies.
Recent books published in e-book format include:
Storm Dancer (dark epic fantasy novel),13 British Horror Stories, Six Scary Tales Vol. 1, 2, 3 (atmospheric creepy horror stories), Six Quirky Tales Vol. 1 (humorous fantasy stories), Six Historical Tales Vol. 1, Writing Fight Scenes (practical instructions for writers), Writing Scary Scenes (practical instructions for writers), The Word-Loss Diet (self-editing for writers), The Colour of Dishonour: Stories from the Storm Dancer World.

About twenty of my books are on Goodreads, and I plan to get them all listed eventually, though the process is sometimes smooth, sometimes frustrating. I'm still finding my way around Goodreads.

message 46: by Mark (new)

Mark | 1 comments Hey I'm mark from Dublin, I'm in the process of working on my first book which I hope to write into a trilogy.
Have only ever written poetry nothing published or seen by anyone.
Just my doodles really.
Have a keen interest in demons and angels and mythology which is the basis of my first attempt of a book.
Anyway hope to get to know some great people

message 47: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Kuncytes | 98 comments Hi all!!! I am a new author of a paranormal romance, "A Vampire's Saving Embrace". Hope you check it out if you enjoy a good romance.
My name is Darlene Kuncytes and I am from Ohio - born and raised!
I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all! I have always loved the paranormal, horror and suspense genre, and I am so excited to become part of this group!
I look forward to it!!! Cheers and happy reading!!!
Dar

message 49: by W.H. (new)

W.H. Cann (wh_cann) | 38 comments Hi everyone, I'm W. H. Cann from Wales, and pleased to be part of the group.

I write Fantasy and am currently working on a series called "The Guardians" set in a futuristic universe, which was summed up perfectly by ThatFantasyblog:
"Take any fantasy novel and move it forward a few thousand years and this is it".
I have released 3 books in this series so far; Path to Vengeance, Sorcerer's Duel and A Guardian Reborn.

message 50: by T.M. (last edited Mar 27, 2013 11:27AM) (new)

T.M. Knight (tmknightbooks) | 1 comments Hello! T. M. Knight is actually my pen name, and my real name is a closely guarded secret. I've written an alternate history under my real name, and a paranormal romance/spy thriller under this name. I've given the book two titles: 'Madison' and 'White Ops', because I'm trying to market to both genders separately. I've received very strong reviews from both male and female readers. Oh, and the ebooks are a very affordable $2.99! <3 T.M. Knight

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17