Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Challenges of Yesteryear > April: April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 24, 2013 03:18PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments  photo prettybeachpicture3_zps4b7b8c1b.jpg
So I was thinking since April is the first full month of spring we could have a Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth challenge because Spring kind of signifies rebirth and new beginnings. Plus, I tend to get a resurgence of energy and a feeling of being rejuvenated:

To see my inspiration for this challenge and, let me just say, I was clueless as to what to do for an april challenge just click on the following view spoiler tag: (view spoiler) My intent was to lift your spirits after a long winter. Is it working?

Levels of Play:
Relaxed: Read 1 - 2 books
Restored: Read 3 - 4 books
Revitalized: Read 5 -6 books
Recharged: Read 7 - 8 books
Reborn: Read 9 + books

Rules:
For this challenge, read books that deal with resurgence, rejuvenation and/or rebirth. As always you have the option of doing a spell-it-out style challenge where you spell out the words of things that represent resurgence, rejuvenation or rebirth to you. You may also use images or words on covers which you feel fit the 3 categories for this challenge. Just let us know how they fit the theme. Below are some examples and notes I threw together to help inspire and guide you.

Example of a spell-it-out:
Dance
D - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
A - Andrew in Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
N - Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh
C - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
E - Evermore by Alyson Noel

photo flowerchallenge_zps51dff732.jpg
Resurgence - a rising again into life, activity, or prominence.

Notes: I think newly changed vampires, werewolves, etc. would work for the supernatural set. Flowers would also work, or people inspired to exercise or lose weight and get healthy. You could also use a book with a sunrise on the cover.

photo spachallenge_zps11196f56.jpg
Rejuvenation - Make (someone or something) look or feel younger, fresher, or more lively.

Notes: Think of things that make a person feel pampered like going to the spa, getting massages, getting a makeover, etc. Basically just about anything that makes a person feel good about themselves.

photo babyanimals_zpsc1f753b5.jpg
Rebirth - a new or second birth.

Notes: Read books that make you think of rebirth or new beginnings such as birth, marriage, freedom from an awful marriage, a new job, etc. Basically anything that makes a person feel like they've got a new lease on life.

You can make this challenge as simple or complicated as you like. If coffee rejuvenates you like this woman:
drinking coffee photo: Drinking Coffee image001.jpg
Then by all means read a book about coffee or spell out the word coffee using the first letter of a title, author's first or last name, or a character's first, last or nick name.

Our aim is to make you feel like a pampered lucky duck. Case in point:
 photo e27f5e59-fa2d-4663-96aa-8966a8eea998_zps54f08a05.jpg
Now isn't that one happy looking duck? *giggle*

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Reserved.

message 3: by jingles (last edited Apr 25, 2013 07:01AM) (new)

jingles This is an awesome challenge. Spring time always makes me feel "charged up", so I would like to do the spell option, using those two words.

Challenge completed 04/24/13

NBRC: April's 3 R's Challenge - Reborn
Date: 04/01/13 - 04/30/13
9/9

✔1. C: Cleo Coyle - Through the Grinder ~ 04/24/13
✔2. H Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips ~ 04/06/13
✔3. A: An Affair with Mr. Kennedy by Jillian Stone ~ 04/03/13
✔4. R: A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen ~ 04/04/13
✔5. G: Grafton, Sue - B is for Burglar ~ 04/17/13
✔6. E: Evanovich, Janet - Hard Eight ~ 04/21/13
✔7. D:Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens ~ 04/02/13

✔8. U: Unlocked by Courtney Milan ~ 04/09/13
✔9. P: Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell ~ 04/23/13

Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #1) by Jillian Stone A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2) by Rhys Bowen B is for Burglar (Kinsey Millhone, #2) by Sue Grafton Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8) by Janet Evanovich Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens Unlocked by Courtney Milan Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) by Patricia Cornwell

message 4: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Apr 25, 2013 05:57AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) NBRC: April's 3 R's Challenge - Reborn
Date: 1/4 - 30/4

R - Darkness RISING --- Keri Arthur
E - Eden --- Jannelle Stalder
L - Locke, Kate --- The Queen is Dead
I - Ilona Andrews --- Bayou Moon
G - A Tale of Two GOBLINS --- HP Mallory
H - Hamilton, Laurell K --- Skin Trade
T - Twice Tempted --- Jeaniene Frost

T - Touched by an alien --- Gini Koch
H - Harper, Molly --- My Bluegrass Baby
E - Embrace the night --- Karen Chance

F - Fistful of Charms --- Kim Harrison
I - Monster in My Closet --- RL Naquin
R - beautiful REDEMPTION --- Kami Garcia
E - Etiquette & Espionage --- Gail Carriger
S - Stein, Jeanne C --- Legacy

13/15
Eden (Eden #1) by Janelle Stalder Darkness Rising (Dark Angels, #2) by Keri Arthur Legacy (Anna Strong Chronicles, #4) by Jeanne C. Stein Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper A Tale of Two Goblins (Dulcie O'Neil, #2) by H.P. Mallory Monster in My Closet (A Monster Haven Story, #1) by R.L. Naquin

message 5: by Ashley Marie (last edited Apr 24, 2013 07:54PM) (new)

Ashley Marie (darlingdoor) | 1733 comments I'm in! I'll start out at Restored, but might add more words if I finish this too quickly! Since I live in Western Pennsylvania, we don't see the sun until April, so I'll go with that word for a spell it out!

Duration: 4/1/13 - 4/30/13
Read: 3/3

Completed 4/24/13

S Sharp Objects (4/9)
U Unspoken (4/24)
N The Naming of the Beasts (4/19)

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Naming of the Beasts (Felix Castor, #5) by Mike Carey

message 6: by Barbara ★ (last edited Apr 29, 2013 09:17AM) (new)

Barbara ★ I'm going with reincarnation which fit both rejuvenation and rebirth.

READ: 13/13

R: The Return of Black Douglas - Elaine Coffman 4/7
E: Shadows in the Starlight - Elaine Cunningham 4/2
I: Rogue Rider - Larissa Ione 4/6
N: The Next Always - Nora Roberts 4/9
C: Crocodile on the Sandbank - Elizabeth Peters 4/4
A: Warrior - Zoe Archer 4/11
R: Calculated in Death - J.D. Robb 4/22
N: Biting Cold - Chloe Neill 4/23
A: No Mercy - Lori Armstrong 4/19
T: Angelopolis - Danielle Trussoni 4/18
I: Silver Shark - Ilona Andrews 4/8
O: On Stranger Tides - Tim Powers 4/5
N: Branded by Fire - Nalini Singh 4/27

The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2) by Elaine Coffman Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling, #2) by Elaine Cunningham Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #4 ) by Larissa Ione The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, #1) by Nora Roberts Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6) by Chloe Neill No Mercy (A Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #1) by Lori G. Armstrong Angelopolis by Danielle Trussoni Silver Shark (Kinsmen, #2) by Ilona Andrews On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 7: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments C
U
P
C
A
K
E
S

message 8: by jingles (new)

jingles I love your choice of words, Midu, most especially if they are chocolate. Lol.

:)

message 9: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 22, 2013 02:19PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments jingles wrote: "I love your choice of words, Midu, most especially if they are chocolate. Lol.

:)"

lol Cupcakes always work for me too.

message 10: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Mar 23, 2013 04:39PM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 2240 comments Duration: 4/1/13 - 4/30/13

0/7

RDivided in Death(JD Robb)
EEye of Heaven
BBlood Lines
ISteel's Edge(Ilona Andrews)
RDark Powers(Rebecca York)
TThe Taken
HApril Lady(Georgette Heyer)

Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Eye of Heaven (Dirk & Steele #5) by Marjorie M. Liu Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3) by Eileen Wilks Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews Dark Powers (Decorah Securities #4) by Rebecca York The Taken (Celestial Blues, #1) by Vicki Pettersson April Lady by Georgette Heyer

message 11: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Lisarenee wrote: "jingles wrote: "I love your choice of words, Midu, most especially if they are chocolate. Lol.

lol Cupcakes always work for me too."

jingles wrote: "I love your choice of words, Midu, most especially if they are chocolate. Lol.

but of course, there's no rejuvenation without cupcakes lol

message 13: by Brenda (last edited Apr 29, 2013 04:46PM) (new)

Brenda | 187 comments Spring always make me think of "sunshine" so I'm going to use the spell out option at the Recharged level

8/8 read ★DONE
Completed 4/29/13

S ~ Seduced by a Pirate by Eloisa James 4/2/13
U ~ The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Jennifer Crusie 4/28/13
N ~ Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts 4/22/13
S ~ Shar in Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie 4/7/13
H ~ How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you 4/4/13
I ~ In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/23/13
N ~ Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh 4/14/13
E ~ Eternity Embraced by Larissa Ione 4/29/13

Seduced by a Pirate (Fairy Tales, #4.5) by Eloisa James How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75) by Nalini Singh Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts In Other Worlds (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Dark-Hunter, #1.5; The League, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Jennifer Crusie Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5) by Larissa Ione

message 14: by Sonia (last edited Apr 01, 2013 06:03AM) (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth) Reading Challenge

For this challenge, I'll try to tie all my unfinished business and start the new month with a clean slate - that means, finishing all the books I have pending - A.K.A the reborn of a new reading me

Level Reborn: Read 9 + books

Currently Reading (*)
The Magicians (The Magicians, #1) by Lev Grossman A Tale of Two Vampires (Dark Ones, #10) by Katie MacAlister Eighty Days Yellow (Eighty Days, #1) by Vina Jackson Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

started and never finished
Assassini by Thomas Gifford The Girl With Glass Feet by Ali Shaw Heart's Blood (Whistling Tor, #1) by Juliet Marillier Os Guardiães da Noite (Mundo dos Guardiães, #1) by Sergei Lukyanenko Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini

(*)to be updated on April 1st

Finished my first book this month, YEY! Since last month I only finished 3 books (although I started a few more) this is a progress :o)

Books Completed: 1
The Light Between Oceans4.1.13

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman

message 15: by Catherine (last edited Apr 09, 2013 07:30PM) (new)

Catherine | 5051 comments I'm in! lol....I am quite mad you know! lol :)

Levels of Play:
Relaxed: Read 1 - 2 books
Restored: Read 3 - 4 books
Revitalized: Read 5 -6 books
Recharged: Read 7 - 8 books

Rules:
For this challenge, read books that deal with resurgence, rejuvenation and/or rebirth. As always you have the option of doing a spell-it-out style challenge where you spell out the words of things that represent resurgence, rejuvenation or rebirth to you. You may also use images or words on covers which you feel fit the 3 categories for this challenge. Just let us know how they fit the theme. Below are some examples and notes I threw together to help inspire and guide you.

I think I will do Revitalised for now! 5-6 books

R.
E. Enna Burning..Shannon Hale
B. Bad Heir Day..Wendy Holden
O.
R.
N. The Next Always..Nora Roberts(book 1)(9 Apr)

message 16: by Sophia (last edited Apr 01, 2013 11:51PM) (new)

Sophia | 31 comments Level: Restored
Completed: 0 of 4

R: Rising Storm (of the Warriors series) by Erin Hunter
A: Crossed (of the Matched trilogy) by Ally Condie
I: Brisingr (of the Inheritance Cycle) by Christopher Paolini
N: Nine Princes in Amber (of the Chronicles of Amber: The Corwin Cycle) by Roger Zelazny

Rising Storm (Warriors, #4) by Erin Hunter Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3) by Christopher Paolini Nine Princes in Amber (Amber Chronicles, #1) by Roger Zelazny

message 17: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited May 05, 2013 06:16PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments NBRC - April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation and Rebirth) Reading Challenge

Level - Reborn: Read 9 books or more

* I do believe I've lost my mine by going this far but we'll see what happens! *Gulps uncertainly.*

12/12 Completed

W - Christine Warren Finished 4-09-2013

A -Any Way You Want It Done! 4-29-2013

R -Ruthless Finished 4-26-2013

M -My Lord Vampire Done! 05-1-2013

S -Slade Finished 4-05-2013

U -Unleashed Finished 05-5-2013

N -Nina Bruhns Finished 4-19-2013

L -Lyon Finished 4-02-2013!

I -In Bed With the Devil Finished 4-15-2013!

G - Grace from How To Lose a Demon in 10 Days Finished 4-10-2013

H - High Stakes Finished 4-14-2013!

T - Teresa Medeiros Finished 4-22-2013

Challenge Completed!

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie | 185 comments Level - Reborn

G - Grayson's Surrender - Catherine Mann
I - Immortal Ever After - Lynsay Sands
R - The Soldier - Rhonda Nelson
L - Once A Princess - Johanna Lindsey
S - Mona Lisa Awakening - Sunny

S - Beast Behaving Badly - Shelly Laurenston
P - Frost Burned - Patricia Briggs
A - Edge of Dawn - Lara Adrian

D - Reading Between The Lines - Lauren Dane
A - Swept Away By A Kiss - Katharine Ashe
Y - Finn - Cathy Yardley
Grayson's Surrender (Wingmen Warriors, #1) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1175) by Catherine Mann Immortal Ever After (Argeneau, #18) by Lynsay Sands The Soldier (Uniformly Hot, #7) (Harlequin Blaze, #481) by Rhonda Nelson Once a Princess (Cardinia's Royal Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Mona Lisa Awakening (Monère Children of the Moon, #1) by Sunny Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11) by Lara Adrian Reading Between the Lines by Lauren Dane Swept Away By A Kiss by Katharine Ashe The Player's Club Finn by Cathy Yardley

message 19: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Count me in

message 20: by ★ gwiz ★ (last edited May 02, 2013 02:32PM) (new)

★ gwiz ★ (ggwiz) | 760 comments NBRC April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth) Reading Challenge COMPLETED

Duration: April 1st - 30th

Levels of Play:
Reborn: Read 9+ books

Books Completed: 10/9+

Resurgence
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky 5★'s (Apr 5, 2013)
3. Manhunt by Janet Evanovich Manhunt - Janet Evanovich 4★'s (Apr 5, 2013)
8. The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Legends - Iron Fey 01.5, 03.5, 04.5 - AuthorLink 5★'s (Apr 17, 2013)
9. Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Dream a Little Dream - Susan Elizabeth Phillips 5★'s (Apr 18, 2013)

Rejuvenation

Rebirth
1. The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood The Bride - Julie Garwood 4★'s (Apr 4, 2013)
4. Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister Men in Kilts - Katie MacAlister 4★'s (Apr 7, 2013)
5. The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa ✔ The Iron King - Iron Fey 01 - Julie Kagawa 5★'s (Apr 9, 2013)
6. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Queen - Iron Fey 03 - Julie Kagawa 5★'s (Apr 13, 2013)
7. The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Knight - Iron Fey 04 - Julie Kagawa 5★'s (Apr 17, 2013)
10. My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent My Soul to Take - Soul Screamers 01 - AuthorLink 5★'s (Apr 20, 2013)

message 21: by Midu (new)

U
P
C
A
K
E- The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde
S

message 22: by Suzanne (last edited Mar 31, 2014 08:50AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1123 comments Nothing but Reading Challenges
April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth) Reading Challenge
Duration:
4/1/2013 - 4/30/2013

Progress: 14 out of 14

Spring Cleaning always makes me feeled resurged, rejuvenated and our house has rebirthed(?)

S: The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
P: A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
R: A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley
I: I'm Over All That: And Other Confessions by Shirley Maclaine
N: Nora Roberts; Blue Dahlia
G: Sue Grafton; A is for Alibi

C: Charlaine Harris; Dead in the Family
L: Loyalty in Death by J.D. Robb
E: Entice by Carrie Jones
A: Shana Abe; The Smoke Thief
N: Nora Roberts; Angels Fall
I: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
N: Nora Roberts; Key of Light
G: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abe A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan Bradley A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton Blue Dahlia (In The Garden, #1) by Nora Roberts Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb I'm Over All That And Other Confessions by Shirley Maclaine Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Angels Fall by Nora Roberts Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine

message 23: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 550 comments What is the page requirement and is it the same for all mini challenges?

message 24: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Rhonda wrote: "What is the page requirement and is it the same for all mini challenges?"

With these there is none. :)

message 25: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Apr 17, 2013 01:52AM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14336 comments Mod

D - The Diviners --Libba Bray Giving up at 40%. This book is just too much of a chore. Replacing with a new D

D - Unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce Completed 17 April
O - Requiem -- Lauren Oliver Completed 15 April
U - Unwind --Neal Shusterman completed 8 April
G - Gone Girl -- Gillian Flynn Completed 11 April
H - The Hundred year old man... -- Jonas JonassonCompleted 3 April 2013

(because I feel like a big ball of dough! Need April to get fit and revitalised!)

message 26: by Midu (new)

U
P
C
A- Awaken (Awaken, #1) by Katie Kacvinsky
K
S

message 27: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Apr 06, 2013 11:11PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Okay I've come across a weird situation I was 3% away from finishing one of my challenge books when I noticed that my book which is a paperback edition was missing some pages.

Not sure what to do, does it count if I'm not officially able to finish the book because of a library book glitch?

Was just curious, the book was getting really good and it really ticks me off that I might not be able to finish it because the library doesn't take good care of their books.

message 28: by Phyllis (last edited Apr 05, 2013 11:25AM) (new)

Phyllis | 186 comments I want in and I will do:

A. Angel's Rest by Charles Davis finished 4/5/13

P. Peart, Jane - Valiant Bride

R. Robert Whitlow - The List

I. Into the Free by Julie Cantrell

L. Lee Strobel - The Ambition finished 4/3/13

S. Starlight by Debbie Macomber

H. Her Good Name by Ruth Axtell

O. One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie

W. Walking on Broken Glass by Christa Allan

E.

R. The Road to Mercy by Kathy Harris

S. Sad Cypress by Agatha Christie

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Okay I've come across a weird situation I was 3% away from finishing one of my challenging books when I noticed that my book which is a paperback edition was missing some pages."

Well, that's too bad, Gabrielle. **shrug** I'd count it as finished.

message 30: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie (darlingdoor) | 1733 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Okay I've come across a weird situation I was 3% away from finishing one of my challenging books when I noticed that my book which is a paperback edition was missing some pages.

Not sure what to d..."

This exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was so frustrated! I returned the book, and then re-requested another copy of it from a different branch in our city library system. This one didn't have the same glitch, so it all worked out. It was just a real pain in the neck to go through to read about 50 pages lol.

message 31: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Apr 06, 2013 11:10PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Yeah I ended up doing the same my library system has it arranged so that if you want to get a book from another library and it has more then one hold on it you're placed by numeric position.

I'm third in line to get the book again so hopefully it won't be the same book, I feel a little better about it today but it just really annoys me that I'm going to have to wait before I can finish the book.

Thanks you guys I'm just going to go ahead and mark it finished.

message 32: by Jex (last edited Apr 30, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth) Reading Challenge
Start: April 1st, 2013
End: April 31st, 2013
Level: Relaxed: Read 1 - 2 books

Unwind - 4/8/13 - ★★★★☆ - Rejuvenation - trade in your old parts for new ones! (literally)

Firelight - 4/25/13 - ★★★☆☆ - Rebirth - new marriage, new love, new chance at life.

Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan

message 33: by Midu (new)

U
P
C
K- Kvothe in The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
S

message 34: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Apr 15, 2013 02:38PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I'm doing surprisingly well with this challenge but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it in the time allotted, think I'll be allowed to use the extension gift cards the mods created to finish this challenge?

message 35: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments @Gabrielle: Most definitely. You just have to post it and say you're using it. Feel free to wait until the end of the month to use it too. No sense in going early when you still might make it.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Cool, thanks Jex!

message 37: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14336 comments Mod
Message 26 updated...Swapped out a book that I couldn't get in to, and finished today. Hooray!

message 38: by Melissa (ladybug) (last edited May 24, 2013 09:18AM) (new)

Melissa (ladybug) (ladybugsdoodles) | 1030 comments NbRC: April's 3 R's Challenge
Completed: 5/24/13

R: Rachel Hawkins - Hex Hall *** 4/3/13
E: Extras - Scott Westerfeld **** 5/12/13
N: Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead - Nick Drake **** 4/27/13
E: Evanovich, Janet - One For The Money **** 5/24/13
W: William Shakespeare - Cymbeline *** 4/15/13

I am using one of my extension cards to extend this challenge until May 31st. :D

description

message 39: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Grats Karen!

message 40: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments C- Rootless by Chris Howard by Chris Howard✔
U
P
C
K- Kvothe in The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
S

message 41: by ★ gwiz ★ (last edited Apr 22, 2013 10:07AM) (new)

★ gwiz ★ (ggwiz) | 760 comments Update NBRC April's 3 Rs (Resurgence, Rejuvenation & Rebirth) Reading Challenge COMPLETED

Duration: April 1st - 30th

Levels of Play:

Books Completed: 10/9+

my challenge link

message 42: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Grats ★ gwendolyn ★!

Have an artsy butterfly!

message 43: by Midu (new)

U
P
C- Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger by Gail Carriger✔
S

message 44: by Midu (new)

U- Motor City Witch (Urban Arcana, #2) by Cindy Spencer Pape (Urban Arcana Series)✔
P
C- Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger by Gail Carriger✔
S

message 45: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie (darlingdoor) | 1733 comments Done!

Duration: 4/1/13 - 4/30/13
Read: 3/3

Completed 4/24/13

S Sharp Objects (4/9)
U Unspoken (4/24)
N The Naming of the Beasts (4/19)

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Naming of the Beasts (Felix Castor, #5) by Mike Carey

message 46: by jingles (new)

jingles I finished this one late last night. I didn't think I was going to make it. Lol.

NBRC: April's 3 R's Challenge - Reborn
9/9

✔1. C: Cleo Coyle - Through the Grinder ~ 04/24/13
✔2. H Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips ~ 04/06/13
✔3. A: An Affair with Mr. Kennedy by Jillian Stone ~ 04/03/13
✔4. R: A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen ~ 04/04/13
✔5. G: Grafton, Sue - B is for Burglar ~ 04/17/13
✔6. E: Evanovich, Janet - Hard Eight ~ 04/21/13
✔7. D:Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens ~ 04/02/13

✔8. U: Unlocked by Courtney Milan ~ 04/09/13
✔9. P: Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell ~ 04/23/13

Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #1) by Jillian Stone A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2) by Rhys Bowen B is for Burglar (Kinsey Millhone, #2) by Sue Grafton Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8) by Janet Evanovich Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens Unlocked by Courtney Milan Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) by Patricia Cornwell

message 47: by Jex (last edited Apr 25, 2013 11:56AM) (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Grats Ashley Marie!

Sun

message 48: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Grats jingles!

Charged Up!

message 49: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie (darlingdoor) | 1733 comments Thanks, Jex! I keep giggling at your charged up guy. Is his skin fish net?

message 50: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I think it's scales, like a reptile.

« previous 1 3