Comic books/Graphic novels/Manga Reading Challenges discussion

Individual Title Discussions > Your favorite Manga?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu, Rarity Fan (new)

Lu | 360 comments Mod
What is your favorite Manga?

message 2: by Kelly (last edited Mar 22, 2013 01:47AM) (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Some that I enjoy are:

Skip Beat!
Full Metal Alchemist
Enigma
Hellsing
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

message 3: by Tamzin (new)

Tamzin (tamzinc) Psyren
Beelzebub
Aphorism
Fullmetal Alchemist

I also enjoyed Arago and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

message 4: by Lu, Rarity Fan (new)

Lu | 360 comments Mod
I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Manga, but I plan on changing that and reading some of everyone's favorites :)

message 5: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) Mars, Vol. 1 is my all time favorite.

Others would be Wild Act, Volume 1, Chobits, Volume 1 and Paradise Kiss, Volume 1.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I must read Claymore, Mike!

message 9: by Mike, The Moderator in the Darkness (new)

Mike | 257 comments Mod
I love Claymore. It gets very dark and violent, but has great overarching layered stories, a lot of action and no easy answers for the characters.

On the other end of the spectrum - Cross Game is an incredible coming of age/slice of life story. I had to be convinced to read it originally myself since I don't like baseball, and it instantly jumped into my all-time favorites list.

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Well I'm currently reading one that's very slice of life and very much not in my genre, I started it because I was looking for an easy read when I was sick for a week. I love it now, such a sweet story.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (earendilgrey) Some of my favorites have to be

Ranma 1/2
FMA
Attack on Titian
Fruits Basket
One Piece
Hellsing
Urusei Yatsura
Haibane Renmei

message 12: by Mike, The Moderator in the Darkness (last edited Apr 01, 2014 07:53AM) (new)

Mike | 257 comments Mod
Ranma 1/2 was one of the first manga I read. Still enjoy the earlier volumes a lot.

Have you seen the Fruits Basket anime? If so how does it compare to the manga. I loved the anime but haven't read the manga yet.

A couple other series to add to my list above:
Yotsuba&
Kindaichi Case Files

message 13: by Erin (last edited Apr 01, 2014 12:25PM) (new)

Erin (earendilgrey) I love the Fruits Baskets anime. It's pretty close to the manga. The manga was still being published when the anime was being put out so there are some changed/merged stories and some characters are left out. The anime only covers the first half of the manga so a bit of character development and plot twists got changed or left out completely. I do prefer the manga to the anime, but they do complement each other pretty well to a point.