Huntsville-Madison County Public Library discussion

Staff Picks > Staff Pick- A Voice In The Wind

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lee | 39 comments A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion, #1) by Francine Rivers

"Hadassah, a young Jewish girl, lives in Jerusalem during its fall to the Roman Empire. After the death of her entire family, Hadassah finds herself as a servant in Rome, living with the wealthy and prominent Valerian family. As a believer in Christ, Hadassah longs to share her faith with the Valerians, but she is afraid of being rejected for her beliefs. Hadassah quickly becomes the personal servant of Julia Valerian, a demanding young girl who seeks temporary pleasures and rebels against the restrictions placed on her by her parents. Instead, Julia engages in a series of troubled relationships, including a love affair with the famous gladiator, Atretes. As Hadassah continues to love and serve Julia, she attracts the attention of the handsome Marcus Valerian. Though she loves Marcus, Hadassah makes the difficult decision to openly follow and profess Christ, even at the risk of being killed in the Roman arena." - Focus On The Family Review

I reeeeeeaaaallllly loved this book. It is not for the innocent to read. It's graphic and beautiful and heart-string tugging and romantic and brutal and a thousand other things. Its the first in a trilogy and all three books are fantastic. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone: christian fiction lover or not. Its just a perfectly enthralling/engaging read.

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1 comments I read these books several years ago and loved them! I seldom read books a second time but I have read these three times.

message 3: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (chrissyh2) | 4 comments I keep meaning to read this one -- it's been on my shelf forever. Glad to hear it's such a good read :)

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lee | 39 comments its one of my top ten for sure!

Huntsville-Madison County Public Library

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Voice in the Wind (other topics)