Coffee Will Make You Black Coffee Will Make You Black discussion

What are your thoughts on the book, i havent read it, so i just want to see if people think it is worth reading or not

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amia (new)

Amia .....

Jacki Johnson-wright I absolutely loved this book although I read it when i was about 16. It definitely helped with what I was going through, wiht my own sexuality. Awesome read

Adiaha Excellent read!

message 4: by Paganalexandria (last edited Dec 18, 2013 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paganalexandria I loved this book. It was like taking a time travel ride back to my mothers experience. It was funny and full of things she would never admit to.

LaToya Hankins I would say go for it. I enjoyed reading when it came out and is one of the books I would read again.

Toni I read this book maybe 5 years ago. Two days ago I read it again in two days. I wanted Stevie to break out her shell but I respected her because she was her own person. She was very smart and wise to be so young. Especially at a time when people were judged by the color of their skin. She wasn't influenced by her mother.grandmother or her friends and I loved her for that only because I wish I was like that at 16. I wish the ending left more but I guess that's what the sequel is for.

Paganalexandria Toni wrote: "I read this book maybe 5 years ago. Two days ago I read it again in two days. I wanted Stevie to break out her shell but I respected her because she was her own person. She was very smart and wis..."

Toni, have you read the sequel Ain't Gonna Be the Same Fool Twice by April Sinclair ?

message 8: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J I read this book for one of my college classes a few years ago and I loved it. I love the way the main character stands up for herself and what she believes in, even if she does make a few mistakes along the way.

Deborah Smith This book is one of my favorite books ever. It empowers you as a women to stand up for yourself no matter what the outcome is.