Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > New to goodreads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 13 comments Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I keep getting lost on this site, still feeling my way around and will eventually get there. So this is an introduction....probably posted it in the wrong place but never mind. My name is Barbara, I love reading and am currently on a new book. I tend to like buying them new even though there are so many choice in the libraries. I don't write novels as such but I do like writing, make comments, notes, all sorts of things. I prefer to hold a book in my hands rather than read them on line. I am maybe a little old fashioned but I like the feel of a book in my hands. So that's about it. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys through reading and sharing reviews.

message 2: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments Barbara wrote: "Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I keep getting lost on this site, still feeling my way around and will eventually get there. So this is an introduction....probably posted it in the wrong pla..."

Hi Barbara!

Welcome to the group: I'm DeeDee, it's nice to meet you.

So: what sort of books do you like???

message 3: by Angel (new)

Angel Lepire | 62 comments Welcome, Barbara! You'll find your way around here in no time. Thanks for posting. Have a great day!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 13 comments Hi Dee Dee, I like all sorts of books.....Biographies, autobiographies, fiction, Non fiction, Christain. My favourite author is Lisa See, she writes Chinese fiction but based on fact as well, maybe all writers do. I like some of the classics. What books do you like?

message 5: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments Barbara wrote: "Hi Dee Dee, I like all sorts of books.....Biographies, autobiographies, fiction, Non fiction, Christain. My favourite author is Lisa See, she writes Chinese fiction but based on fact as well, mayb..."

I like adventure mystery and romance, I don't really stick to any genre although I don't like horror and I've never been able to read about vampires without feeling sick!!! ;-P I like romances but I hate it when that is *all* the story is about: Does he love her? Does she love him? Of course they do so move on to something more interesting!!!

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 13 comments It's nice to hear what other people like.....makes you want to try out those sort of books and move way from what you normally read. I even like reading the newspaper and catching up on politics. But I do like a novel with a really good story. Your reading sounds more interesting than mine Dee Dee.

message 7: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments Barbara wrote: "It's nice to hear what other people like.....makes you want to try out those sort of books and move way from what you normally read. I even like reading the newspaper and catching up on politics. ..."

Lol!

Okay then Barbara: what's your last name???

Apparently we can't be friends until you tell me!!! ;-P

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 13 comments Fell, can't find all my settings, never mind....not sure what I have put I place.

message 9: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments Tee Hee!

It gets easer I promise!!!

Fell? I've never met anyone called Fell before, it's nice though.

message 10: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Welcome, Barbara. I still have a hard time getting around on this site. I usually just wait until someone else puts something on here I can relate to and comment on it. I can't even figure out the folders.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 13 comments Ha ha peg, I know the feeling.