Divergent Enough For You? discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
How do you feel about the movie?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katrina (nerding) | 31 comments Mod
As you may already know, Divergent is being made into a movie that is due to come out on March 21st 2014, I am just wondering what thoughts you guys have on it..here is the link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/?...

Ryan | 20 comments Hmm I think this movie would be a tad easier to make than City of bones. I think if they take their time on this, they could actually do a good job on this movie. Thanks Katrina for letting me know. I don't really know much about Neil Burger, and I didn't really imagine Tris looking that pretty. But I'll give them a chance I guess.

Endra wrote: "Hmm I think this movie would be a tad easier to make than City of bones. I think if they take their time on this, they could actually do a good job on this movie. Thanks Katrina for letting me know..."

I didn't know much about him either, just the fact that he directed Limitless. I think it may actually turn out well since they have a whole year still until the proposed release date. Also, based on the so far cast, they look pretty good I think.

Ryan | 20 comments Katrina wrote: "Endra wrote: "Hmm I think this movie would be a tad easier to make than City of bones. I think if they take their time on this, they could actually do a good job on this movie. Thanks Katrina for l..."

I agree with you. I think they have a lot of potential with this movie. And like you said they have a lot of time to try to get it right.

Ryan | 20 comments What's kind of sad is I like Aaron Eckhart as an actor. And we all know what happens to Tris's dad in the end of Divergent.

It will for sure be something one would need to see before judging can begin. Like I read Beautiful Creatures and saw the movie and they butchered it...yet people who did not read the book were like "oh it was so good OMG" and I was like...yeah...okay.

Ryan | 20 comments I thought that way with Hunger games personally. I thought the movie was pretty stupid after reading the book, but everyone else liked it. Same with Twilight, and Eragon. So I agree with you Definitely, The books to me just make so much more sense, then any movie could every make.

Endra wrote: "I thought that way with Hunger games personally. I thought the movie was pretty stupid after reading the book, but everyone else liked it. Same with Twilight, and Eragon. So I agree with you Defini..."

I did enjoy The Hunger Games movie though, I thought it was pretty well done for a Book to Movie transition. I know I hate the Pretty Little Liars show but I loved the books when I read them in Jr.High

Ryan | 20 comments I never read the pretty little liars. I thought the hunger games was OK. But I just didn't find the info in the movie, that was in the book. But I do think they did a pretty good job with the translation of it.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I don't know, i'm kind of excited! for it

Fatima (QueenRiptide) | 4 comments Super excited! Theo James is hot af and I heard Shailene did good in The Descendants.

message 12: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan | 20 comments Is it just me or does Shailene Woodley like really pretty compared to Tris. No offense to Tris but it described her as startling. But I shouldn't complain. Beggars can't be choosers.

Hannah (afaithlikeoxygen) | 2 comments I'm really nervous for the film actually, because there are so many book adaptions coming to life at the moment and some of them I've loved, while I've been really disappointed in others...
It's so hard to make a book-film perfect for all of its fans, but I have faith!

Hannah (afaithlikeoxygen) | 2 comments Endra wrote: "Is it just me or does Shailene Woodley like really pretty compared to Tris. No offense to Tris but it described her as startling. But I shouldn't complain. Beggars can't be choosers."

I agree!

I am just plain excited

Filming has started by the way guys :)

message 17: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan | 20 comments I do think they can do a great job with this movie. And I hope they do.