The Perks of Being a Wallflower The Perks of Being a Wallflower discussion


112 views
Mary Elizabeth

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chloe I just want to take a second just to say, how shit would it have been to be Mary Elizabeth when Charlie kisses Sam in Truth or Dare. I was watching the movie yesterday and it just dawned on me when I saw the expression on her face as it happened, she was just so devastated... Not to mention embarrassed.. Imagine that, your "boyfriend" kissing another girl when asked to kiss the prettiest girl in the room in front of all your friends!
What a knock to your self-esteem..

Anyone else agree? :'(


message 2: by Julia (last edited Mar 21, 2013 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Julia What a hit on self-esteem! And so embarrassing. Poor Mary Elizabeth. Even if she wasn't the ideal girlfriend, this was below the belt.


Zoee Alexandraa I know, right. Although, I did still feel bad for Charlie. He felt so guilty and the look on his face showed it.


Chloe Julie wrote: "What a hit on self-esteem! And so embarrassing. Poor Mary Elizabeth. Even if she wasn't the ideal girlfriend, this was below the belt."

I know right!! Like even her face when it happened it was just like... wow.
I'd be so embarrassed!


message 5: by Kat (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I haven't seen the movie, but the movie in my head as I read the book was probably even worse. I felt bad for all the characters involved. Poor Charlie. What an idiot! And I say that in the nicest way possible.


message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie aww when i read the book i was like yikes, then when i watched the film i basically had to look away while yelling 'DON'T DO IT CHARLIE' into my hands!! God i just don't even know


Chloe Katie wrote: "aww when i read the book i was like yikes, then when i watched the film i basically had to look away while yelling 'DON'T DO IT CHARLIE' into my hands!! God i just don't even know"

I felt exactly the same, I was like please no! Even before I read who he kissed, when Patrick said it I was like please don't kiss Sam please don't kiss Sam.... :(


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so confused I completely forgot this part in the book and I haven't seen the movie can someone please explain to me what happened.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Anita!
Basically, what happened is that when a bunch of them were together and playing truth or dare, Patrick dares Charlie to kiss the prettiest girl in the room. Mary Elizabeth is his girlfriend at the time, but he kisses Sam coz he's always loved her. And he was sick of keeping up the facade of liking her. So he did something incredibly stupid, but at least Mary Elizabeth knew the truth afterwards :)


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Betweezling~Waggler wrote: "Hey Anita!
Basically, what happened is that when a bunch of them were together and playing truth or dare, Patrick dares Charlie to kiss the prettiest girl in the room. Mary Elizabeth is his girlfr..."


Hey Oh yeah now I remember that part thanks to your explanation! I completely forgot that part! THANKS AGAIN!


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

All good


back to top