Defending Jacob Defending Jacob discussion

ending

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoAnn Hoefler Finished the book two days ago and still contemplating the ending. Not sure how I feel about it!! What are your feelings?

Bonnie Lynn Over the years many book titles/content blend in my head - (Did I read that one or not?). Defending Jacob won't be one of them. It's memorable as one of those 'OMG, what would I do if...?' books. Had it ended differently, I doubt I'd feel that way. Good read.

Stacy  okun I agree. I was surprised that it was the mother that was the one questioning his innocence. Considering the "mother/son bond" that is supposed to take place. The ending made me gasp, then reread it, then run and tell my husband about it...

message 4: by Coni (new) - added it

Coni Bonnie Lynn wrote: "Over the years many book titles/content blend in my head - (Did I read that one or not?). Defending Jacob won't be ohem. It's memorable as one of those 'OMG, what would I do if...?' books...."

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky Just finished DJ. Years ago I had wondered what I would do if I had a child that I knew was a danger to society. (Had killed or molested in the past, and could/probably do it again.) The mother felt that Jacob was her responsibility. She did not want to see him locked up, but also could not allow him to continue killing. Thought provoking, good read, but no happy ending. I guess that's life.

Mariah Stacy wrote: "I agree. I was surprised that it was the mother that was the one questioning his innocence. Considering the "mother/son bond" that is supposed to take place. The ending made me gasp, then reread it..."

SAME! I was so shocked. I had to reread it to see if I read it right. I loved it though because I didn't really see it coming.