Terrence Hall discussion

Classes > Pastry and Culinary Wing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Here you will find the delicious and enticing aroma's of the Culinary and Pastry world, the students will learn everything from learning to make Ratatouille, to making their first Chocolate sculpture. Depending on which path they decide to head down.
The students will help cater several events throughout the year, it will count as a big part of their grade. Their fellow students, and guests to the school will get to appreciate their hard work and achievements.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Really? I like it, I hope everything goes well this semester and I can continue working here," Siri said with a smile.

message 3: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 516 comments Mod
" I hope so too, so long as I get to cook," Caden opened the door for Siri," After you."

message 4: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Caden you're so sweet," Siri said before entering the door she held open. "Thank you so much!" She waited on Caden.

message 5: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Aw don't worry about it," Caden said with a smile entering the building," well now, since nobody is here yet, I think we should start getting ready for our classes yes?"

message 6: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yeah sounds like a plan," Siri said and went over to her table to start pulling out the papers she had prepared.

message 7: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

Caden pulled out the Serv-Safe book to quiz her students on. She needed to see where they were at.

message 8: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) (I have that book sitting right across the room >_>)

Siri looked over and saw her pulling serv safe stuff out. "Why don't we train them together for serv safe?" She asked.

message 9: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

(Really? Oh my gosh, that was like the first thing they put us on in Culinary)

"You want to do that first?" Caden asked, pausing in the middle of taking the books out.

message 10: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yes we should get it out of the way and let them take the test I think," Siri replied with a smile.

(Yup. It was pretty easy though :3)

message 11: by A 💞, Head Chef (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:15PM) (new)

"Alright, and then we can see what they need to work on and such," Caden said, placing the books on the desk.

((We don't have to take the test until Junior year, but so far it's easy. :3))

message 12: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Sounds like a plan," Siri said with a smile, she pulled out practice sheets and such for the test. She was looking forward to working with Caden, she was smart, fun.... Sexy.

message 13: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"And then we have our advanced students later in the day. Now those kids I love," Caden said with a smile on her face.

message 14: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yes them ill have patience for...." Siri said with a grin. She planned on making their first lesson on sugar art.

message 15: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Just take it easy on the freshies," Caden chuckled," No need to be getting to getting fired up at work babe." She continued chuckling and she set the rest of the books down.

message 16: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "I hope I don't suck," Siri said with a sigh. She leaned against the table she was standing next to and checked out Caden.

message 17: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Hey I know you won't. Just act natural okay. You'll be able to yell at the Juniors if you have to," Caden said, looking up at the clock.

message 18: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yell?" Siri rose a brow, "should be interesting.... " She was nervous as hell.

message 19: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Though, it doesn't happen often," Caden stated, looking over at her," Nervous there?"

message 20: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yeah a bit, I just don't want to totally fail this," Siri looked toward the doors like she expected monsters to pop out of them instead of kids.

message 21: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Hey look at me," Caden said, facing Siri," You'll be fine okay?" She smiled at her and looked at the clock. "Our students should be arriving soon."

message 22: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Okay," Siri did some breathing exercises and then looked expectantly towards the door that opened up to the room.

message 23: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

Kids started to tumble in and Caden smiled. "Oh Freshies!" She smiled. One of the girls gasped and she whispered," Chef Siri! Oh my gosh, she competed in Sweet Genius and won first place! She's amazing! I've been following her work ever since!"

Caden chuckled. "See you have admirers already.'

message 24: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri grinned and waved to the students as they ambled in. "If you all will take your seats, Chef Caden and I will be jointly teaching Serv Safe the first week."

message 25: by A 💞, Head Chef (last edited Mar 24, 2013 12:09PM) (new)

The students nodded and Caden," Now I bet you don't know who we are, so we're going to tell you about ourselves. Im Chef Caden, you can call me Chef C. I am from Italia, or Italy from those who don't know and I am the Head Chef. I want you guys to have a fun year this year, because believe me, I hate boring classes." Caden smiled.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Dan walked up to the door and stayed in the doorjam, he didnt want to interrupt the class

message 27: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri looked at all the students and gave them a big smile, "I'm Chef Siri, I'm what they're calling a pastry prodigy. I've won a few competitions already and obviously I'm now teaching at a young age. If you put your mind to it you can do most anything."

message 28: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Now what do you guys know about Serv Safe?" Caden asked the class and more than half the hands in the room shot up. "Oh wow," Caden said, surprised. Oh this was going to be fun.

message 29: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

Applejack wrote: ""Now what do you guys know about Serv Safe?" Caden asked the class and more than half the hands in the room shot up. "Oh wow," Caden said, surprised. Oh this was going to be fun."

message 30: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri grinned as the classes hands shot up, she pointed to one student, she spoke, "It's a certificate we must get to work in any restaurant. It teaches us the rules on food preparation."

message 31: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Good," Caden said, "Props to you for getting that right," She smiled and she said," Alright, now I know what you're going to say, but we're going to have a test on this." The class groaned. "Hey! We'll make this fun!"

message 32: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri nodded, "Yeah we'll make it easy to learn this. Don't be nervous or anything! And if you have any questions at all we will help you out."

message 33: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Alright," Caden pulls out a beach ball," Who can name me the danger zone temperatures?" A boy raised his hand and Caden tossed it to him. "Um its between 40-135 degrees." "Good," Caden said.

message 34: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri held her hands up for the boy to pass the ball back, once it was safely nestled in her hands she said loudly, "What symptoms would a customer at your restaurant show if they're having an allergic reaction?" She waited until a girl shot her hand up, then threw her the ball.

"She may start wheezing or choking," she said quietly, Siri barely hear her, but she did hear her and that's what mattered. "Good," she said with a grin.

message 35: by A 💞, Head Chef (last edited Mar 25, 2013 07:09AM) (new)

"Mhmmm, I'm thinking that you guys are totally ready for this test," Caden held her hands up to get the beach ball back. Once it was back in her hands. "Quick! What do you do for a spill?" Hands went up and she threw it to another girl. "Wait! Hold on," she counted the boys that were in the class," Fellas you are in a classroom full of girls, by the end of the year you have no reason to be single,"the guys then looked around and nodded in approval," you're welcome." Everybody chuckled. "Now answer?"

"You apologize, block it off and then clean it up," The girl said in a confident voice."What did you guys do, swallow the book?" The class laughed.

message 36: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri laughed along with the class, they were smart. "Okay ball," she called and waited for it to reach her hands. "a foodhandler must be excluded from the operation for which symptom?" She called out. Everyone went kind of quiet. A boy slowly lifted his hand and Siri threw him the ball.

"Throwing up?" He asked. She shook her head and said, "Jaundice. It's okay that's why we're doing this." She said when she saw the disappointment on his face.

message 37: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Can somebody explain to me how to hold a knife?" Camden asked," This is of paramount importance guys." The students in the class went silent until one boy raised his hand. "Yes?"

message 38: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri watched the boy as he looked at both of them, he seemed nervous.

message 39: by A 💞, Head Chef (last edited Mar 25, 2013 08:26AM) (new)

"You carry it down toward to the floor, about 3 inches away from your leg and with the tip pointing downward," He said in a big bunch. Caden looked at the kid,"Sir I am impressed. You are the first freshman to get that right."

message 40: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri clapped for him and gave him an encouraging wink when he blushed. She stepped forward and looked about the room, "Does anyone have any questions for us so far?" She waited, a few guys throughout the class asked if the chefs were single which made Siri blush.

message 41: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Sorry fellas, I am single its that I don't swing that way but," She went next to the group of guys," You see those girls n the back? Couldn't stop staring at you." She then smiled and resumed her post up on the stage.

message 42: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri gaped at Caden a few moments, she didn't know she was lesbian. "I don't swing that way either boys," she said with a grin. The boys didn't seem to happy about that, and the girls were just staring at the two chefs.

message 43: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

" Well to heck with it! I'm gay and I don't care who knows!” A girl said in the back. The bell then rung and Caden said," Class dismissed." The students started filing out and then the class room was empty.

message 44: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) Siri watched the students file out and then started pulling stuff out for her class later in the day. She then leaned her hip against the table and looked at Caden. "Want to go to lunch together?" She asked.

message 45: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Sure," Caden smiled. She was making sure everything was in order for the next class. "Shall we?"

message 46: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) "Yes, um where do you want to eat?" She asked as they made their way out of the classroom and towards the exiting doors.

message 47: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

"Its all up to you. I really don't have an opinion where we eat," Caden said, shrugging her shoulders.

message 48: by Leena (new)

Leena (leena23) I heard there's a nice cafe... But I think a lot of the students hang out there. I wonder if there's a seafood place?" Siri pulled her phone out to google it. (I think I'm gonna create a seafood place. What Do you think?)

message 49: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

((Yeah, name it The Shipwreck!))

"There's one about 10 minutes from here called The Shipwreck, would you like to go there?" Caden asked her.

message 50: by A 💞, Head Chef (new)

(( :3))

« previous 1