One Piece: The Group for One Piece Lovers!! discussion

One Piece quotes!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tulika (last edited Mar 22, 2013 06:35AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments The topic says it all :D Try to add the name of the person who says it too.

To the mods, I hope it's no problem creating threads on our own.. >.<

EDIT: It might also be better to highlight the quotes in some way to distinguish it from other discussions :D

message 2: by Tulika (last edited Mar 22, 2013 06:34AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments "I'm gonna be the Pirate King." ~Monkey D. Luffy

This one has been stuck in my head all day today:

"Weaklings cannot choose their way of death" ~Trafalgar Law

message 3: by Krystal (last edited Mar 24, 2013 11:42PM) (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) "You can't bring back what you've lost, think about what you have now" ~ Jinbei

message 4: by Sykins (new)

Sykins | 6 comments "Thank you... for loving me!" ~ Portgas D. Ace

message 5: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) WWWWAAAAHHHH!!!!

message 6: by Tulika (last edited Mar 22, 2013 06:34AM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Agh! I wish they had a 'like' option on goodreads too lol

"Compared to the 'righteous' greed of the rulers, the criminals of the world seem much more honorable. When scum rules the world, only more scum is born." ~Eustass Kid

message 7: by Krystal (last edited Mar 24, 2013 11:43PM) (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) "If I get reincarnated.... I wanna become a clam." - Monkey D. Luffy

message 8: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Bring on the hardship. It’s preferred in a path of carnage.- Roronoa Zoro

message 9: by Sophie (last edited Mar 22, 2013 05:21AM) (new)

Sophie Stark "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."

-Dr. Hiriluk

This is one of my favorites! So touching...

message 10: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Sori wrote: ""If I get reincarnated.... I wanna become a clam." - Monkey D. Luffy"

Hehe I watched this episode a few days ago...

Sophie wrote: ""When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mu..."

This is among my favorites too :D

message 11: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Uchiha (lovesitachiuchiha) | 12 comments You have gotten strong Luffy Portgas D.Ace
I gonna be pirate king Monkey D. Luffy

message 12: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments "I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!"
Monkey D. Luffy

message 13: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments "O-Old man... The royalty and nobles are behind the fire... Believe me... This town smells worse than Gray Terminal. It smells like rotten people! If I stay here... I'll never be free! I'm... ashamed to be born a noble!" -Sabo

Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ *Anime Addict* (suhakrisgmailcom) | 477 comments Mod
No way! its not a problem at all! Nice idea!

Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ *Anime Addict* (suhakrisgmailcom) | 477 comments Mod
*People don’t fear god, fear itself is god*
-Enel

"Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!" -Gol.D.Roger

“To true friendship, how long you've known each other means nothing" -Bon Clay

*When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses.*
-Zoro

*So, are you stupid enough to fall for such a stupid trap that such stupid people set up?*
-Zoro
[my fav! :)]

message 20: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments "I dont want to conquer anything.. I just think that the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean….is the Pirate King!"
Monkey D. Luffy

Deeptanshu wrote: ""I dont want to conquer anything.. I just think that the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean….is the Pirate King!"
Monkey D. Luffy"

Awesome!

message 22: by Tulika (last edited Mar 31, 2013 09:06PM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments "Hello, this is the shitty restaurant" ~Sanji

"There comes a time.... when a man will not run from a fight.... It's when his nakama's dreams are laughed at.... I know that he will become the Pirate King..... and I will not let you laugh at that" ~Usopp

Tulika wrote: ""Hello, this is the shitty restaurant" ~Sanji

"There comes a time.... when a man will not run from a fight.... It's when his nakama's dreams are laughed at.... I know that he will become the Pirat..."

Sugoi!!

message 24: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments "We're pirates you know!! I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!!" ~Luffy

"Dying is not repaying a debt!!! That's not what he saved you for!!! Only weak men would die after someone spared their lives!" ~Luffy

message 25: by Vineeth (new)

Vineeth | 10 comments Tulika wrote: ""We're pirates you know!! I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute ..."

That is an awesome line. Also how quickly the problem is solved when jinbei says he will give him meat.

message 26: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Vineeth wrote: "That is an awesome line. Also how quickly the problem is solved when jinbei says he will give him meat. "

And how Zoro said a similar thing later on.

message 27: by Vineeth (new)

Vineeth | 10 comments Yeah i was looking for that. But i couldnt find it. Which issue is it in?

One of my personal favorites. It is humorous but still serious in its own way!
"If you kill yourself, I’ll kill you."
-Roronoa Zoro

message 29: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments " And remember this: I am not your ally... If you do anything, I'm the 'enemy' that will be the first to catch you. ”
— Aokoji Kuzan's warning to Robin.

message 30: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 94 comments Vineeth wrote: "Yeah i was looking for that. But i couldnt find it. Which issue is it in?"

Luffy said it in chapter 634, and Zoro in 649. Only difference was that Zoro used Sake as a reference. Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5fH...
Sorry for the late reply. I was feeling too lazy to look it up ^^"

We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it!

by: Coby

"A man's dream will never die" -
-Marshal D. Teach
Even though he is such an asshole and everyone hates him, i actually respected him once.

message 33: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Yeah I know what you mean . he seemed like a decent guy when he was introduced but has become full on evil nowadays.
I think the main problem with him is that he is completely self centered and obsessed with his own ambitions and is willing to commit heinous acts in order to achieve them.

Yeah i agree. Maybe he is too selfish. Or maybe he has too much lust for power.

message 35: by Ally (new)

Ally (NaliaHakana) | 6 comments Hey Everyone! These are a couple of my favourites!

A wound that'd make an ordinary man unconscious.... I won't lose to it! A wound that would kill an ordinary person... I won't lose to it! To the one who is extraordinary, Hawk Eyes... i cannot allow myself to be ordinary. ~ Roronoa Zoro

If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is worthless! ~Roronoa Zoro

Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes, but I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it,but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat! ~ Monkey D Luffy

Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!!! ~ Donquixote Doflamingo

No matter what kind of weapon you hold... just existing can't be a crime! ~ Franky

If I am allowed to declare my wish, then I, Then I Want To Live!! Take Me Out To Sea With You!! ~ Nico Robin.

I don't wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that'll be enough. ~ Portgas D. Ace

message 36: by Biencarlo (new)

Biencarlo Mojica | 11 comments "Miracles only occur for those with the determination to never stop trying!"
-Emporio Ivankov

“No one is born into this world to be alone”.
—Jaguar D. Saul

my favorite quotes!!!

message 37: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Nice! Though I had to look up who Jaguar D. Saul was.

message 38: by Biencarlo (new)

Biencarlo Mojica | 11 comments Deeptanshu wrote: "Nice! Though I had to look up who Jaguar D. Saul was."

he was the huge man and former marine vice admiral who saved Robin away from Kuzan and the Ohara tragedy.

message 39: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Yeah I remember him now, the giant guy, I had just forgotten his name. Since he was not around for very long.

Jaguar was actually a good guy for a marine that is. I'm glad Robin found him~

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally wrote: "Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!!! ~ Donquixote Doflamingo

I don't wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that'll be enough. ~ Portgas D. Ace
"

i loved these two!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Some of my favourites

"Sir! Frankys ass is expanding!" Marine

"We are 10,000 meters in the air, do you know how many times your life would flash before your

eyes before you hit the ground?!"
Usopp

"This hairstyle brings out the wildness from inside a man. People say, is it the afro that makes the champion,

or the champion that makes the afro...? It is still unexplained by modern science!! Luffy!! If you wear this

afro, it will totally increase your punching power!!!"

"Crocodile, your ass is grass!" Luffy

"When I had decided to follow my dream I had already discarded my life" Roronoa Zoro

message 44: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 116 comments Roronoa Zoro:" I'm going to be the world's greatest swordsman! All I have left is my destiny! My name may be infamous...... but it's gonna shake the world!!!"
Monkey D. Luffy: "The world's greatest swordsman, that's great! And it's fitting since your new boss is going to be King of the Pirates! Anything else would make me look bad!"

Luffy and Zoro. No other pair can live up to their expectations!

message 46: by Aria (new)

Aria | 1 comments Tulika wrote: ""We're pirates you know!! I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute ..."

what episode or chapter is the "dying is not repaying a debt" quote from?

message 47: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (kdellen) | 2 comments I don't wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that'll be enough. ~ Portgas D. Ace

message 48: by Krul (new)

Krul Tepes | 11 comments Oh! I remember that one! Awesome quote.

If you don’t risk your life, you can’t create a future. Right?
Monkey D. Luffy

message 50: by Luis (new)

Luis De sousa | 2 comments Zoro: "A wound that’d make an ordinary man unconscious... I won’t lose to it. A wound that would kill an ordinary person... I won’t lose to it! To face one who is extraordinary, Hawk Eyes... I can’t allow myself to be ordinary! Tatsumaki!"

Zoro: "There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day… not even Death himself can take my life away!"

Zoro: "You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom!"

Zoro: "Well, how about this. My "luck" versus this thing's "curse"... wanna see what's stronger? If I lose, then I'm just that much of a man anyways."

Zoro: "Fine... I'll let you have one head! However, in exchange... Please take my life for his! I ask this of you! My head may not be worth much at the moment... But this is the head of the man who will eventually become the world's number one swordsman! Surely that should be enough! Aside from that, I see no other way to save the crew... If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is worthless! Luffy is the man who's going to become the Pirate King!"

Zoro: "No... nothing happened!"

« previous 1