Do-Overs discussion

P > Pierce, Tamora

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josiane, of Clouded Days (last edited Mar 21, 2013 05:00AM) (new)

Josiane Claremont | 73 comments Mod
Book:
Scene:
D-O:

message 2: by Josiane, of Clouded Days (new)

Book: The Will of the Empress
Scene: Berenine talks to Briar, Tris, and Sandry after the kidnapping by Finn
D-O:
"I'm sorry, dear cousin," Sandry said. "But I'm never coming back again." And with that, Tris drew the winds and blew them out of the room.

Berenine sat there, shocked at what she had just heard. Berenine turned to Isa. "Make sure that Finn and his uncle are severely punished."

Isabel bowed as Berenine swept out of the room.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Book: The Realms of the Gods
Scene: When Numair tells Daine that he loves her.
D-O:
"I love you," said Numair.
Daine stared at him for a moment and then slapped him. Hard.

message 4: by Josiane, of Clouded Days (new)

Kat wrote: "Book: The Realms of the Gods
Scene: When Numair tells Daine that he loves her.
D-O:
"I love you," said Numair.
Daine stared at him for a moment and then slapped him. Hard."

~neh~! When you said you didn't like that scene, I never expected for you to make Daine hit Numy!!! O,O

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I know... I just couldn't think of anything else and I just HAD to put a change to it...

message 6: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Pitcher | 17 comments Book: Squire
Scene: Buri accompanies Raoul to his family's midwinter feast
Buriram Tourokam would not make a good wife. She spent far too much time riding, and she has grown too old to marry anyone but widowers, most of whom were stuck in the old belief that a woman's place was in the home.
Buri did not agree with such sentiments.
But for all her faults, she was as strong as steel, and just as sharp.
So as Raoul's great aunt watched her with hawk-like eyes that seemed as old as time itself, she did not break under the pressure.
"Now, Buriram, what is it you do at the castle?" Raoul's mother finally broke the awkward silence.
"I much prefer Buri, and I command the Queen's Riders in Her Highness's place." Buri replies simply. She found that simple answers were the least likely to be misinterpreted.
Raoul's great aunt raised one gray eyebrow, and Raoul himself seemed to be suddenly very scared.
"A female commander? How...modern." She said demurely.
"Actually, before the rise of the church of the Goddess as the Great Mother, women held positions of great military and political power. Lady knights and commanders were far from unheard of." Buri replied. When she saw the look of pure terror on Raoul's face and hastily added "Though I'm sure you're well aware of that."
The matriarch lifted the other eyebrow and Buri's heart turned to lead.
"I must say, if you are the kind of woman my great nephew brings home from court," she paused to take a sip of her spiced wine, allowing the entire family to spend an extra moment with bated breath, "then I ought to make it a habit of visiting more often."
Raoul's jaw dropped, along with most of his family. Buri smiled.
"Thank you, milady. You are too kind."
"Now, when do you plan on asking this fine woman to marry you?" she asked Raoul, who, after being in a constant state of terror for the entire dinner, simply stuttered incomprehensible words until the desert course was served and all was forgotten as everyone enjoyed the magnificent cake carried out by several servants in Goldenlake blue.