YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen - Restarting February 14th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Pehel and I are reading this,starting today.
Feel free to join us.

Pahel | 295 comments Mishma wrote: "Pehel and I are reading this,starting today.
Feel free to join us."

OMG u started this thread?? I totally did not know! So sry! So do we continue it tmrw??

message 3: by Pahel (last edited Mar 21, 2013 02:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pahel | 295 comments I'm on the 2nd chapter and I cannot believe that Kayden did not remember Callie! I mean she saved him frm his Dad! That makes him appear as one of the typical jocks u know? Itz really gr8 hw the author hs expressed Callie's thoughts through nature <3

Itz awsum that therez Kayden's POV too!

I don't like how Kayden's heartz all fluttery bcz of Callie, i mean they just properly met and he doesn't evn know anything abt her! Itz kind of insta-lovish! :\ But love the way Callie expressed her feelings in her diary evn though it ws just few lines =)

Pahel | 295 comments Feel bad that after so many yrs Callie still couldn't fight "that" incident and still lets it ruin her life..On the other hand it looks like Kayden might be using Callie to forget his fear around his father...:\

Tera (teaspa05) | 12 comments really like this book. kayden and callie have such deep rooted problems that they are struggling with and their own dirty secrets to help cope with them. I'm glad that they were able to find and let each other in some. Seems that they were both helping each other out of them some. Callie gave strength to Kayden to finally stand up and Kayden replaced some of the dirty memories with good ones. Still a long road ahead but can't wait for the next book after that huge cliffhanger at the end.

Pahel | 295 comments Tera wrote: "really like this book. kayden and callie have such deep rooted problems that they are struggling with and their own dirty secrets to help cope with them. I'm glad that they were able to find and ..."

Yeah, but in the end Callie still couldn't face her fear..thatz kind of disappointing u know? That she couldn't develop the courage after so many years..:(

Tera (teaspa05) | 12 comments yeah that's true but I'm hoping maybe in the next book she will be able to - with Kayden's help. Yes, I'm trying to be optimistic about Kayden. :) I think if she would have told her mom or brother about it earlier things would be different. Then he wouldn't have this power over her.

Pahel | 295 comments Tera wrote: "yeah that's true but I'm hoping maybe in the next book she will be able to - with Kayden's help. Yes, I'm trying to be optimistic about Kayden. :) I think if she would have told her mom or brother..."

Totally! I guess shez just one of those girls who give up easily or are too afraid..time will tell..but Kayden was awesome! :D Atleast he stood up against his dad =D

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Morgan and I are reading this novel, starting today, 19.07.2013.
everyone is welcome to join us. :)

Morgan I've just started and I'm only about 3% in but its already pretty good. I can't wait to see how these two characters develop. I bet though that kayden was lying when he said his dad was just drunk, it probably happens more then he lets on.

message 11: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I have it on my Kindle, I'll try to join you if I have time today. It's a pretty short book isn't it? :P

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments i'm curious what is the deal about his father. i'm starting to read from now on because i was busy until now.

Abbie (abbietenchie) I'll join you :)

Morgan I just finished this morning. Why do her books always do this to me? She has to be one of my favorite authors!! And now I have to wait for book two?! Such a long time... Even though its next month. Tell me when you've finished.

Abbie (abbietenchie) So far I'm liking the story. :) And the characters, of course.

message 16: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Where are you in the book? I'm going to start in an hour or so... after I'll finish my homework.

Abbie (abbietenchie) 15% into the book. I was afraid I was the only one who hadn't finished.

message 18: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I guess you aren't!! XP

Abbie (abbietenchie) Haha. Yeah, I'm glad :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments i'm only 28% done. i'll finish it tomorrow for sure.
i like it so far.

Abbie (abbietenchie) 55% into the book. I really like it but homework keeps getting in the way. Glad Daisy is gone :)

Abbie (abbietenchie) Well now... That was quite a cliffhanger. I wanna read book two!!! That was an amazing book :)

Morgan Same, it feels like its so far away but its only a few weeks

message 24: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I'll try to join. I really want to join all these amazing buddy reads but usually people finish reading before I get a chance to read the first page... lol
I'll try my best this time!! xD

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments i finished it today (Sapir you're not the only one who reads slow). it was good story, although i didn't like the fact that it wasn't finished. i don't like when book book just finish like someone cuted it, like you're missing some pages. i guess today authors prefer this kind of ending so they can hook up people to their stories so they will buy another book and author will earn more money.

(view spoiler)

message 26: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I'm starting RIGHT NOW!! :D
I'm really excited about this book. It sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to the ending because I've heard it's stunning/

message 27: by Sapir (last edited Jul 25, 2013 11:53AM) (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments LOL I'm starting now because this is the only way I can keep up with you guys on the 27th :*

message 28: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Same for me!! Buddy reads and math studying.. That's all I do in my life right now. lol

message 29: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments No, it's the summer vacation, but I failed one of my finals and I have to retake it on August 1st.

message 30: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Starting now!

message 31: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I'm only in Chapter 4. This book is undoubtedly beautifully-written!

From the looks of Callie's behavior, (view spoiler)

message 32: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Chapter 8

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Hannelore wrote: "Starting it now :)"

Me too!! (I didn't have a chance to start it two days ago as I planned... lol)

message 34: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I'm in chapter three. I'm dead curious to know what happened to Callie in sixth grade and why she's acting so weird and awkward around people. It must be something really awful if it affected her like that years later... Seth is the cutest guy ever. I love seeing how he truly helps Callie.

message 35: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Hannelore wrote: "10% - Seth is so awesome!
He truly wants to help Callie
Even if his past was hard as well!
How could Kayden not recognise her?
I mean, yeah, different hair cut, clothes & make up, but still!
I wond..."

I think you're right... She must've been violently raped. That explains the pool of blood she describes on her birthday and her fear of boys... :P

message 36: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Oh so you're very close... I'm only 16% through and I've read a while ago so you're almost there :)

message 37: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Im almost finished. one chapter left!

Who do you think did that to Callie? Any ideas? It sure wasn't her father or her brother, so...

I'm 92% already. (view spoiler)

message 38: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Well, in the prologue, Callie fetched Jackson at the Owens' mansion right? She didn't seem bothered by it, or freaked out, so I assumed he wasn't.

message 39: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I just finished it an hour ago, too. CLIFFHANGERS are so terrible! WE MUST START A PROTEST AGAINST IT. LOL

message 40: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I can't wait to discuss the ending! Haha I expected a cliffhanger especially with these types of books but I didn't expect it to end that way! I was so so so frantic (view spoiler) AND THEN IT JUST ENDS!! We should totally read the 2nd book soon!! Good thing I have my copy already, and there's a scheduled buddy read on August 12th so we should really push through!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84863 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting July 25th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments I have finished this book, so my thoughts will be coming up right now such as what I thought and my favourite quotes because this book was beautifully done!

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 4%: (view spoiler)

message 44: by Sharon (last edited Jul 31, 2015 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 12%: (view spoiler)

15%: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 21%: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 38%: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 40%: (view spoiler)

41%: (view spoiler)

message 48: by Sharon (last edited Jul 31, 2015 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 54%: (view spoiler)

60%: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9857 comments 91%: (view spoiler)

94%: (view spoiler)

100%: (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84863 comments Mod
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 14th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

« previous 1