What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Octopus (The Lighthouse Family, #5)
This topic is about The Octopus
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Two kids and a psychic octopus [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlyn (meadforspeed) | 2 comments So this book is about two kids who are on vacation to some seaside town, probably in Florida. They somehow get around to snorkeling and startle an octopus who changes color rapidly to try and scare them off.

I don't remember exactly how it comes about, but maybe one or both of the kids touch the octopus? Anyway, somehow they're able to communicate with it, I don't know if it's through some psychic connection or through actual speaking. They become friends and eventually go on a bunch of adventures discovering sea life, I think one of which is about those little shrimp that clean other fish's mouths.

I probably read this book anywhere from 10-12ish years ago, though it was garage sale fodder so it might have easily been published in the 80's. For some reason this was one of my favorite books as a kid (I think that the octopus in question was a bit of a snark factory) and I'd love to find it again! Thanks!

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments The Octopus by Cynthia Rylant? The Octopus by Cynthia Rylant

Kaitlyn (meadforspeed) | 2 comments YES! Thank you! I found this book at a garage sale as a kid, and lost it somewhere along the way.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Apr 20, 2013 03:29PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Congrats on finding your book Kaitlyn. I'll shelve it and move this down to Solved for you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Octopus (other topics)