The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Did Cato love Clove?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (last edited Mar 21, 2013 12:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie In the book it said that when Clove was dieing Cato begged her to stay.

What was this all about?

Why did Cato, a Career become so attached to somebody he knew he might have to kill in the end?

You can use a fan- fic or even make up your own reason. You don't only have to use the facts the books give you.

Chloe I don't know.. They were from the same district and as far as they knew because of the new rule they could have gone home together?

message 3: by Sophie (last edited Mar 21, 2013 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Yeah, I forgot about that. It would have been interesting to know more details though.

Maddy They could have, but in the movie it shows im and Glimmer having feelings for eachother, I honestly dont believe it very much..... but ok!

Books for Badger I think so. I think they were meant as a foil (is that the correct literary term? opposite but parallel type characters?) for Katniss and Peeta. I think would have been nice to seen that aspect explored in the movie

Sophie I like the foil idea. Or they could have fallen in love during the games and then (like K& P) relised that they could both survive and got their hopes up. I think after Clove's death Cato went a bit insane.

David Phillips Sophie wrote: "In the book it said that when Clove was dieing Cato begged her to stay.

What was this all about?

Why did Cato, a Career become so attached to somebody he knew he might have to kill in the end?

Y..."

It was not fair for Peeta to live, but thats not for me to say. And that about the of the book why did they ended it that way?

Mika when you're in a brutal place like the arena, you cling to familiar things. Cato and clove clung to each other, because in that arena, they were all they had, all they could even marginally trust. so i don't think it was love so much as it was a mutual dependency.

Sophie Wow Mika. Deep.

I now officially converted to your opinion.

Jackie I don't think he ever really loved Clove. I think she may have loved him, and he liked having that "needed" feeling, but I think he was too evil-minded to truly love.

Sophie I don't think he was evil. I think he was indocrinated.

Jillian Edwards I think they lived each other but by the way I saw it it was like glove loved him loved him while Cato loved her like he would love a sister

Lynne Stringer I think they trusted each other as much as you do trust someone in the games, but I think they would have been willing to kill each other in order to win.

message 14: by . (last edited May 08, 2020 12:26PM) (new)

. Personally, I don’t think Cato liked Clove or Glimmer, he was just using them to stay alive longer in the arena and to have people to protect him and to help him fight and kill other tributes. And when he elks Clove to stay with him, he probably says that because he knew that they could’ve both won and gone back home together and also probably because he ha strained with her and he knew that they were so close to winning and that she couldn’t die that close to the end. But there should be another book that does show them in a relationship, I think with all of the Clato shippers, Suzanne could make quite a bit of money, and it would satisfy Clato shippers theories.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally, I ship Cato Hadley [2] and Glimmer Belcourt [1] together and I ship Marvel [1] and Clove [2]. Plus to add on to this statement, https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&u... look at this photo