! YA Heroines ! discussion

Getting to Know Each Other > 1001 Embarrassing Momments

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Share with us the most embarrassing momments that have ever happened to you! We promise not to laugh (much). But that would be lying! Well we will laugh with you not at you.

So what are you waiting for?

message 2: by Chelsea (last edited Mar 31, 2013 10:22PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments :( Ok then. I'll share one!

So, some of you guys might be familiar with this one...

A while back my friend and I were on the bus (that I catch to go to school). Most of the seats were taken but this four seater with a guy and his girlfriend already sitting in it. So I went to sit down and as I was about to sit down the bus moved. Naturally I face planted into the guys chest :(. To make things worse, it all happen in front of his girlfriend and of course my friend was laughing her face off. To make things even more worse I was late to school that morning and now everytime that guy sees me - and did I mention he was a senior (gahhh *shakes head*) he laughs as I walk by. Great.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Jenny your turn!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I don't really have a lot of embarrassing moments (if I do, they have been pushed into the back of my mind, never to be thought of again). Something funny did happen to me a few months ago, and it was slightly embarrassing for my teacher.

I was in my AP US History class, and I think my teacher was asking about a past senator's name and I guessed "Sumner" (his last name), and she replied "Yes Charles." And the whole class laughed because though she was just just saying I had the answer right and the first name was Charles, it really sounded like she was calling me Charles.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL wow LOL. Just the other day. My science teacher called this guy by his last name, just randomly. The whole class cracked up laughing and guess what? The science teacher called him Charles. He really does't look like a Charles. - Sorry random story.

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Come on you can think of one...

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Wow you have such a way with words Jenny. Pure genius.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments :D

So now we are at the grand total of 3! *Sigh*

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) :D

I've got one that I saw on tv. My mom and I like The Voice, and Usher is one of the judges. While he was trying to convince one of the singers to join his team, he said something about the "state of Nashville." He didn't even notice what was wrong about that statement until another judge (Blake Shelton) said something along the lines of "I'm still trying to get past the fact that Nashville is a state." The look on Usher's face was so funny, I rewound it to watch it again. :D

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments ok so I had just gotten a new phone and I guess some guy had the number before me and he ordered meds from mail order and they were running a sale so they call me and I answer not knowing the number and as i am answering my husband is pulling into the drive through window at dairy queen and I'm asking my husband what it is these people are asking me to buy and my husband is telling me to be quiet and won't answer and the girl in the window is laughing after we pull away my husband tells me they were trying to sell me male enhancement pills and there I was in front of everyone asking my husband what it was

Its ok you can laugh it was funny and we all laugh about it now that the red is gone from my face

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Jenny wrote: "Okay here's another time. I was walking normally in school and all of a sudden some low life tripped me over. I thought it was an annoying random guy so I turned around and was like You b****. But ..."

Wow you must have been really angry...

message 12: by Chelsea (last edited Apr 03, 2013 02:47AM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Elizabeth wrote: "ok so I had just gotten a new phone and I guess some guy had the number before me and he ordered meds from mail order and they were running a sale so they call me and I answer not knowing the numbe..."

Hahaha, awww thats just mean and really awkward! Hahaha.

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Kaitlin wrote: ":D

I've got one that I saw on tv. My mom and I like The Voice, and Usher is one of the judges. While he was trying to convince one of the singers to join his team, he said something about the "sta..."

Isn't it really funny when celebrities are embarrassed on live t.v. LOL

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Come on guys, you can't leave us moderators to laugh at ourselves!

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I was chatting on Facebook to a guy who used to be in our tutor class. He is a korean guy so I thought it was weird that his last name was Dolan Mathers. I asked him if it was his name for real and he told me "My dad is from America. He is pretty famous. Google him!" So I did. Marshal Dolan Mathers is Eminiem - as in the rapper. I am so gulible! One my friends also convinced me her cousin was in our tutor class. So very gulible. :P

message 16: by Sina (new)

Sina | 429 comments There was this one time. I was out with my friend and some guy friends of her ( I had never meet eny of them before). We were just finished waching this movie, and when my friend and I were on are way to the bus, on of her firends picks me up and run away with me! She starts screaming at him to put me down ( this because she thinks I'm crying), but insted I'm laughing so hard that I got tears in my eyes. And then she starts laughing and her friends look at us because we can't stop laughing. And all this happend out side the police station, so when we just had stoped laughing a police man comes out and askes if we are okay, and my friend and I start laughing again, and this time we don't stop until we are on the ground crying because we can't stop.

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ohhh wow, that would have been so awkward, the policeman must have been confused afterwards! Ha!

message 18: by Sina (new)

Sina | 429 comments Jepp, lucky for us this guy friends helped us up and helped us away from there, and then it was there turn to laugh :D think we lughed like 3 min, without stop :D

message 19: by Sina (new)

Sina | 429 comments 30 min *

message 20: by Chelsea (last edited Apr 03, 2013 02:55AM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL. I have a friend who laughs a lot. She laughs so much that everyone starts laughing. We call it the Vicky Virus (Her name is Vicky.) Teachers walk past and I think the pricipal walked past once as well. We all have tears in our eyes from laugh. So the teachers stop to ask if we are ok. Then they look at us as if we are crazy or something... Hahaha

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Come on, surely you guys have some embarrassing moments you would like to share?

message 22: by Tilly (new)

Tilly Currer (Hardcore Heroines) | 3 comments I was at home when my older brothers *very attractive* friends came over to see him. I usually take the stairs two at a time, so I did what I normally do without thinking...and you can guess I tripped right in front of them down the stairs. That was fairly embarrassing when I had to walk right up the stairs again...one at a time.

message 23: by Alex (last edited Apr 09, 2013 07:27AM) (new)

Alex | 5 comments So the guy I like was over at my house watching a movie with me and some of our other friends at a cast party, and my other friend who was visitng from out of town was stretching out next to my shoving her feet in my butt saying move over, so I did, and then she kicked me into him! I seriously almost got buffalo chicken dip all over him, he was cool about it, but we were both a little pink in the face. Then the next morning I learned she did it on purpose!! So we would sit closer!! Hahaha

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Tilly wrote: "I was at home when my older brothers *very attractive* friends came to see him and normally I take my stairs two at a time, so I did what I usually do without thinking...and you can guess I tripped..."

LOL, haha :) Embarassing much!

message 25: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Alex wrote: "So the guy I like was over at my house watching a movie with me and some of our other friends at a cast party, and my other friend who was visitng from out of town was stretching out next to my sho..."

:) Don't you just love it when your friends do that? Not!

message 26: by Haley (new)

Haley Alright, this one didn't happen to me but to a boy at the primary school i teach at.
It was right before our school assembly, and this 12 year old boy called Johnny was swinging on the jungle gym outside the hall (he wasn't listening to his teacher, he should have been lining up with his class). Anyway, while he was swinging, this boy was walking up behind him, but tripped and tried to grab hold of something. Of course, he grabbed hold of Johnny's pants (and underwear) and down they went. The boy that had tripped tried to pull them back up for him, but that meant that Johnny couldn't drop down. He was left hanging there for about 30 seconds before he could drop down, all of this in front of 3 other classes. I felt so sorry for him, but i guess the moral of the story is listen to your teacher. :)

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Haley wrote: "Alright, this one didn't happen to me but to a boy at the primary school i teach at.
It was right before our school assembly, and this 12 year old boy called Johnny was swinging on the jungle gym o..."

LOL :( ohh I shouldn't laugh!

message 28: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Jenny wrote: "That moment when you think someone is waving at you and turns out they were waving at someone at the back of you."

You don't know how many times that has happened to me!

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments I think that has happened to everyone lol

message 30: by Chelsea (new)

message 31: by Rysa (new)

Rysa Walker (rysawalker) | 95 comments Okay - here's one that was totally mortifying. Many years later, I still blush if I think about it.

I grew up in a really small town where everyone knew everyone. I was about sixteen and had stopped by the house of this guy who was making me a mix tape (yes, it was pre-CD, but at least it wasn't 8-Track :) We were not dating or anything--he's just adding the last song and the equipment is in his bedroom. At any rate, his mom pulls into their driveway, and suddenly he's shoving me into his bedroom closet because he's not supposed to have girls in his room.

The idiot had totally forgotten that my *car* was out front and in a small town, everyone knows what you drive, too. Only a few seconds later, I hear his mom asking where I am. I walk out of the closet about the time overprotective mama walks into his room.

Years later, that woman and her sisters still give me the stink eye when they see me.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments oh my that would be awful

message 33: by Rysa (last edited Apr 27, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Rysa Walker (rysawalker) | 95 comments It was indeed. Worse yet is the fact that he was, mix-tape skills aside, a real jerk. And by the time the story went through the small-town gossip mill, it had turned into his mom catching us in his bed.

I'm going to try to think of a good way to kill him off in my next book. :D

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments sound like a plan still waiting by the way lol no rush or anything

message 35: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments :( Awww. I wish you every success in your *book killing off* endevour!

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments lol the nice thing about writing you can do things to the people who do wrong to you that you could never do in real life and nobody knows lol

message 37: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Rysa wrote: "It was indeed. Worse yet is the fact that he was, mix-tape skills aside, a real jerk. And by the time the story went through the small-town gossip mill, it had turned into his mom catching us in ..."

Do you know what's so cool about that? I intend to read your books, so if you do something like that in your next one, and I recognize it, I could connect it to your embarrassing moment that you posted in this group. :)

message 38: by Chelsea (new)

As they say. "... any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, bussiness establishments, events or loacles is entirely coincidental." LOL

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments lol if the non readers only knew the real power of the pen (bad guy laugh)

message 40: by Dana (new)

Dana I have a habit of twirling my pencil when I'm thinking, so yesterday during a history test I was spinning my pencil so quickly that it all of a sudden flipped out of my hand and shot halfway across the classroom and hit the window. Everyone looked up like "what the heck" and the teacher was looking at me with this strange expression on her face.

And I couldn't get up to go get it so I just left it there and wrote the rest of the test with a different pencil.

message 41: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Dana wrote: "I have a habit of twirling my pencil when I'm thinking, so yesterday during a history test I was spinning my pencil so quickly that it all of a sudden flipped out of my hand and shot halfway across..."

Hahaha I did that in a maths test.

message 42: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Jenny wrote: "When your at a party and your shy around these people. They tell you to join in their picture but it kinda feels awkward so you don't. But they insist you join the picture and then you sit on the e..."

Sounds like you Jenny. :D

message 43: by samriddhi ✿ (new)

samriddhi ✿ (28_samriddhi) Me in the maths test too
just a change,every1 started laughing terribly...

message 44: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL

message 45: by Haley (new)

Haley | 24 comments I was at a Flogging Molly concert, and me and my sister were waiting outside the doors waiting for them to open up, there was two girls next to us. The cute guy that was working the doors, opened them, and the two girls next to us walked in. Naturally, I walked in after them thinking the doors were open. As I started to walk through the door the cute guy started to close them. I grabbed the door trying to keep it open, while the cute guy was trying to close it. So I was in the middle of having a tug a war fight with the guy, college student,it lasted at least a minute, and he looked terrified. Finally he tugged it closed, not without my sister having to pry me off the door. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized they where working there so they got to go in early. The worst though was when he closed the doors and his shoulders sagged with relief that a barrier protected him from me. I felt so bad, and wanted to tell him that I wasn't crazy. My sister couldn't stop laughing, and then afterwards told all our friends. That by far was one of my most embarrassing events.

message 46: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Haley wrote: "I was at a Flogging Molly concert, and me and my sister were waiting outside the doors waiting for them to open up, there was two girls next to us. The cute guy that was working the doors, opened t..."

Awwww :(

message 47: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments My friend and I were playing with someones locker lock (we were bored LOL) and the person whos locker it belonged to came up right behind us. Turns out she was a senior :P

message 48: by Dana (new)

Dana Today I thought I'd lost the book that I'd brought to school so I freaked out and ran around the school twice, asking all the custodians and my friends if they'd seen it. And then when they asked me later if I'd found it I felt so stupid and replied lamely, Yeah, turns out I left it in the French classroom.

message 49: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hahahaha lol, I would have done that too!

message 50: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) This happened a few moments ago, and it's only a tiny embarrassing moment (but not for me):

My mom decides to bake our Marie Calendar's pie. It's a frozen pie that has to be in the freezer, so it's in a box, so keep in mind that the last thing we want to do is flip it upside down.

My mom: I really hate it when they put the directions on the bottom of the box. (She lifts the unopened box a little so she can look at the bottom.)
Me: Just take the pie out and then look at the directions.
My mom: Oh! I can do that, can't I? Wow, don't I feel stupid.

Sometimes, the obvious answer is not seen until its pointed out.

« previous 1