Stiefvater's Bookshelf discussion

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Renee | 1025 comments Mod
Has anyone else heard that the Final Book of Faerie will be published 2014???
I AM SO EXCITED!!! I LOVE THE FAERIES!!!

message 2: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
Well, on her website they said it will be out this year, but I doubt that because the cover isn't even published. I haven't read any of the books, but I will very very soon.

message 3: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I think it's actually meant to be published next year. Well at lesat that's what it says on goodreads. And I'm sure we can ask Scholastic if she is or not. :)

message 4: by Niki (new)

Niki MYB | 8 comments Yay! Cant wait!!! Hope James is the main again

message 5: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I don't really mind who's the main. I LOVE THAT WHOLE WORLD!!!

message 6: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I hope Luke's gonna come back for Dee, because I can't stnad to hear her whine on again and again.

And I'm glad that James has Nuala now. :)
They're adorable! <3

message 7: by Tam (new)

Tam Goodreads says this book is meant to come out in 2015 now? Um WHAT?!? NO!

message 8: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Yes, it got moved because of the new Shiver book being released in July. So she's put it off again.

message 9: by Tam (new)

Tam Oh okay! I do love Shiver!! But still would like this one to be released sooner

message 10: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

yeah, me too. Finish this series before starting another spin off.
But oh well, guess this one isn't as high on her priorities.

message 11: by Tam (new)

Tam Yeah I guess it isn't... And yes will finish this series soon hopefully :)

message 12: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I love the faeries....they're awesomely evil!

message 13: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

AND CREEPY! \o.O/

message 14: by Tam (new)

Tam Yeah you're right there! They are sooo cool but evil o_o HAHA!

message 15: by Tam (new)

Tam Yes and a bit creepy as well! Haha

message 16: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Nuala is awesome! And her dress code sounds also awesome. :D

message 17: by Tam (new)

Tam JUST FINISHED LAMENT!!! WHOOP WHOOP :)

message 18: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

WHOOOOOO!!!! ENJOY BALLAD!!!! wait do you have ballad?
either so, they're only a little connected.
YAY FOR THE KILLING OF THE QUEEN!!! XD O.o
she was very evil. Glad that Eleanor got to be queen.
still *shrugges* no real loss because of the queen.
I liked those little cutie fey who were there when she was meant to play her harp, forgot their names now, but I liked them. :)

message 19: by Tam (new)

Tam No I don't have ballad yet :( will have to see if my library has the other one.... I think they will have to send it from another library to my library like they did with lament....
And YAY SHES DEAD!!! hehe
And yes I thought the little fey were so cute how they just danced and stuff, I just wanted to pick them up and hug them haha!

message 20: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha ha, me too! And they liked her singing and awesome harp playing. :)

And that dude on top of the hill.... what even? I don't even know why he was up there in the first place.
And I hate aunt Delia or whatever her name was.

message 21: by Tam (new)

Tam OMG yeah I HATE her aunt soo much hahahha

message 22: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ME TOO!!!!

Go read Ballad! :D There's more to the story. :D

message 23: by Tam (new)

Tam Yeah I bet there is! I will get it as soon as I can :)

message 24: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

yay!
Can't wait to see what happens in Requiem eventually.
Once you read Ballad I will tell you what I think. :D

message 25: by Tam (new)

Tam Haha yes! It may be awhile though :(

message 26: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

oh well. :) at least you get to read it eventually! :)

message 27: by Tam (new)

Tam Yes! I have so many books that I want to read just sitting on my shelf and then I just go buy another one or borrow a book from a library haha

message 28: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 9 comments I cannot wait for requiem to come out, I love this series although I prefer ballad to lament

message 29: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Me too. Too bad it's postponed until 2015.
Oh well.
Eventually.... :D

message 30: by Niki (new)

Niki MYB | 8 comments WHAT ITS POSTPONED!!!!!

CRIES :'(

I've been waiting for this book for years!

message 31: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I know!!! :(
so sad!
I think it comes out next year now.
But let's be honest, the Raven Cycle is her top priority right now.

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary Capacio (iameminadesu) | 23 comments i have yet to read the first two books.. are they good??

message 33: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

well, to be very honest, they don't have the same amount of depth as the rest of her books, but they are still good, just don't expect giant twisting storylines, like, there's still twists, but just not as complex as the other books.

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary Capacio (iameminadesu) | 23 comments Renée wrote: "well, to be very honest, they don't have the same amount of depth as the rest of her books, but they are still good, just don't expect giant twisting storylines, like, there's still twists, but jus..."

oh, okay! i'm just wanting to read other mythological stuff... i hope she makes something about dragons next.. hmmm

message 35: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha, omg that would be cool. Maggie Stiefvater + Dragons = epicness!

message 36: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Jzan wrote: "Renée wrote: "well, to be very honest, they don't have the same amount of depth as the rest of her books, but they are still good, just don't expect giant twisting storylines, like, there's still t..."

still read them! The characters are so funny, especially James and Nuala, and Dee is good in the first one, but in the second book she gets very VERY whiney. But it's not from her POV, which is good, because then you can laugh at her, and feel James' emotions and thoughts on the matters.

message 37: by Mary (new)

Mary Capacio (iameminadesu) | 23 comments Renée wrote: "I love the faeries....they're awesomely evil!"

i'd love to read books about faeries.. you know for like a background idea.. what books would u suggest?

message 38: by Mary (new)

Mary Capacio (iameminadesu) | 23 comments Renée wrote: "Jzan wrote: "Renée wrote: "well, to be very honest, they don't have the same amount of depth as the rest of her books, but they are still good, just don't expect giant twisting storylines, like, th..."

Renée wrote: "Jzan wrote: "Renée wrote: "well, to be very honest, they don't have the same amount of depth as the rest of her books, but they are still good, just don't expect giant twisting storylines, like, th..."

i've read the synopsis for both books.. so the POV and characters on the 2nd books is totally different from the 1st one? but they're still somewhat connected?

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary Capacio (iameminadesu) | 23 comments Renée wrote: "ha ha, omg that would be cool. Maggie Stiefvater + Dragons = epicness!"

i hope she'll make another book that will feature dragons.. and yes. it would be epic!

message 40: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Jzan wrote: "Renée wrote: "I love the faeries....they're awesomely evil!"

i'd love to read books about faeries.. you know for like a background idea.. what books would u suggest?"

hmm, well I haven't personally read that many faerie books, but I am about to read Iron Fey series and Spiderwick (which was kinda faerie-ish) and Paranormalcy may be about Faeries. But also,if you like those Seelie and Unseelie faeries, The Mortal Instruments has faeries (but it'snot focused on them)
and if you read
Tithe, Valiant and Ironside by Holly Black,that's about Faeries and changelings and stuff.
I have a lot of stuff on my to-read list about faeries....but it'll have to wait! Otherwise, go to Ballad or Lament's book pages and see the 'recommendations based on' list.

message 41: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Niki wrote: "WHAT ITS POSTPONED!!!!!

CRIES :'(

I've been waiting for this book for years!"

okay I found out it's not coming out til after the Raven Cycle so it'll be 2016....
*sigh*
and she knows we're all waiting!!

message 42: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 9 comments Has anyone heard any more news about when this book is coming out ?

message 43: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 9 comments Yeah it's been a while now, I know it was postponed because of sinner, but that came out already and nothing has been said about requiem for a while.. I hope it is still being written/released, and not forgotten about or abandoned!

message 44: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

hmmm I think she's finished off TRC and then she has two books and then maybe she'll start looking at it again? idk, I'd rather she have a good story idea than rush it and make up something that she's not passionate about or not what needs to be told. Coz it just won't be as good.
Guess we'll just have to keep waiting til the time is right. :) But I feel you!!!

message 45: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (priscilla_aw) | 104 comments Mod
Not even sure how I got a notification from this bc I've never even read Ballad lol. But I need to!!!

message 46: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Priscilla, you'll get notifications for all the discussion boards on this group. You can turn them off if you like in settings somehow XD
but then you might miss posts....

message 47: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (priscilla_aw) | 104 comments Mod
Ahhhh I see!! XD that's okay I'll leave it on ;-)