The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) The Awakening and The Struggle discussion

Do you like who plays the characters in the TV show?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by .·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: (last edited Mar 21, 2013 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: I wonder if Alloy has it in their contracts that TV/Film adaptations be "Loosely based."

Anyways, I like who they cast as Stefan and Damon. I feel they fit/play them perfectly. Everyone else is meh because they are nothing like their Book counterparts.

I think Klaus is one of the BIGGEST disappointments ever though.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict I like nina dobrev playing elena and katherine. I think its awesome that she manages to play two catastrophically different characters in the same show. It also must have being really difficult for her in these latest eps when she has her breakdown and burns the house and now that she has to play elena with no feeling but still be different to katherine.

April ♥Courtney♥ Ƨнα∂σωκιƨƨɛ∂4ɛʌɛя ♊ wrote: "I like nina dobrev playing elena and katherine. I think its awesome that she manages to play two catastrophically different characters in the same show. It also must have being really difficult for..."

I totally agree! She is PERFECT as Elena and KAtherine!! I LOVE HER in the show!! I honestly like the show sooo much better than the books! I read the first 3 books adn I couldn't stand Elena in the books! She was a superficial jerk! But in the show she's caring and loving (in the first season). She becomes better as the series continues. I also LOVE Damon! Ian is PERFECT as Damon!!! and Paul Wesley as Stefan- PERFECT as well!! I love the entire cast! Everyone is perfect for this show! The producers and director and everyone does an amazing job for the show and I adore the show! I'm obsessed with it and I just love the show and all of the cast! I'm not a fan of the books though.

Phoebe Fitz-Gerald Elena and Katherine are perfect, not sure about damon.. hes hot, and a great actor, but i just think i saw him differently- and stefans' great, but reminds me a bit too much of edward cullen... I HATE bonnie, but shes a good actress and plays her well- KLAUS AND CAROLINE ARE PERFECTTTTTT<3

Faith Nimely I love Bonnie and think her character great.

Michael If I had read the books first, I never would have watched the series. The character of Elena is such a turn-off in the book, unsympathetic because she comes across as the typical mean girl. The characters as portrayed in the series are more sympathetic, more fleshed out than what they are in the books.

Selma O. I read the books first but I prefer the show even if they invented new characters. The cast is absolutely perfect and they play their role pretty good!

Nicole Paul Wesley (Stefan) and Ian Somerhalder (Damon) fits the characters in the book. And of course, Nina Dobrev (Elena) as well, minus the blonde hair that is. I'm quite disappointed with the tv show. It's different with what happens in the book. But if you won't compare them, they are both great.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna I read the first book and then started watching the series, and I was so disappointed with the many changes they had made. Then I read the other two books and cried at the end, when Elena dies, and kept watching the show, which I loved! And then I read the other books and HATED them. I just love the show, it's my favorite in the entire world, and the book series is one of the worst I've ever read. I love the characters in the TV show, like Damon and Katherine and Klaus and Elijah, but the ones in the books are just so boring. The only character in the books that I like is Meredith...