What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical Romance novel main male character in duel

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlsey (new)

Charlsey Snodgrass (snodgrass1117) | 15 comments If I remember correctly the main character is shot or grazed by a bullet in a duel and (I believe) the lead female assists him in recovery. I believe I read this book around 2004 or 2005.

message 2: by Sara ♥ (last edited Mar 20, 2013 06:23PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments I think a shorter list would be which romance novels did that NOT happen in! ;) Kidding. The first one that comes to mind is The Marriage Bargain...

message 3: by Charlsey (new)

Charlsey Snodgrass (snodgrass1117) | 15 comments This book seems familiar, but I don't think it is this one for sure, I'm going to try and find a copy of it to glance through though. Thanks!

message 4: by Sara ♥ (last edited Mar 20, 2013 06:33PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments In that book, the main characters get married in the prologue, then he's gone for 3 years... his 2 friends bring him back "dead" from a duel bullet wound, but then turns out he's not dead after all! But then the wife nurses him back to health. That's all in the first chapter or two. (Well, not the nursing part...)

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Charlsey--you put this request in the wrong spot, so I've moved it down to the Unsolved thread for you.

Sounds like it might be an interesting book.

message 6: by Kit★ (last edited Mar 21, 2013 02:37PM) (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 138 comments Maybe More Than a Mistress More Than a Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1) by Mary Balogh ? The heroine interrupts a duel leading to the hero getting shot, and she ends up being nurse.

message 7: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi It could be The serpent prince by Elizabeth Hoyt or Scandalous by Karen Robards

message 8: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (backdraft4508) | 41 comments Susanna and the spy by Anne Elliott. the man wasn't in a duel but he was shoot by the soldiers after him. long shot that it's the book you are looking for, but I thought i'd add it just in case.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Charlsey, are you still looking for this? Was it anything mentioned in the last 3 posts?

message 10: by Charlsey (new)

Charlsey Snodgrass (snodgrass1117) | 15 comments No D: the search continues

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.