Random Ramblings discussion

Rambles > To Tumblr or not to Tumblr- That is the question!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 404 (404 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Help me out, peoples! I am debating whether or not to make a Tumblr. Please anyone that has one list Tumblr's pluses and minuses for moi. ^_^

(You know, if you can find it in your heart to aid me on my quest... XD )

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I actually avoid Tumblr...I don't have enough time as it is. So I have zero knowledge on this.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I don't add stuff on Tumbler, but I stalk different stuff on Tumbler...
So, you can make one if you want XD

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Yeah, I stalk stuff on Tumblr all the time! XD And then when I see something super fantabulous, it kills me inside not to be able to like it or follow or reblog or whatever. So yeah. I'm inching closer toward the edge of 'yes, go Tumblr your butt off!'. ^_^

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments I'm no help, I ditto Robin.

message 6: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) I have no Tumblr stuffz, I kind of avoid it. My main contact is when I look up GIF's on Google...LOL
My friends use Tumblr, though, and they really like it. It would be pretty nice to be able to interact with all the awesome stuffz, but you might get sucked into the Tumblr vortex...XP

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments The vortex? XD Psh, obviosuly GR is too amazing to get sucked into a Tumblr vortex. GR is my first internet obsession, always.

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Goodreeds rules. XD

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Yarp. ^_^

message 10: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) XD
It does.

message 11: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments I don't have one but my sister's do. They told me I shouldn't make one for another year or two because sometimes you'll get weird stuff on your dashboard thing, like inappropriate and whatnot. I say go for it!

message 12: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Frances --> *my sisters say no so do it anyway*

#youngersisterrebelion

message 13: by Mel (last edited Mar 23, 2013 11:56AM) (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Praise rebellion! ^_^ I'm probably not allowed to have a Tumblr, but that's the other thing I'm debating. Risking getting caught. :P But yeah. Now it's just a matter of procrastination. And because it's so intimidatingly confusing.

message 14: by Mel (last edited Mar 24, 2013 03:29PM) (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I made it! :D My url is thepsychoticunicorn. ^_^

message 15: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Of course. XD

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments You know me so well, Ducky. XD

message 17: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Mel wrote: "I made it! :D My url is thepsychoticunicorn. ^_^"

If your mom yells at you for making one just say "You never said I couldn't have one, and they aren't that bad, it's like goodreads." And she'll probably be like whatever...

Treasure Ducky wrote: "Frances --> *my sisters say no so do it anyway*

#youngersisterrebelion"

That's the way I rollllll!

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments *cough cough* She doesn't know I have a GR either. My mother doesn't know a lot of things. Like that I have a girlfriend.

message 19: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Cuz you're just boss that way.

WHOA
MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW A LOT EITHER
SHE DOESN'T KNOW I HAVE A GR EITHER
HAI FIVE

message 20: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments My parents breathe over my shoulder. They would be so mad if I hadn't told them I had a GR. And I've been on for almost a year and a half now.

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Yeah, I've been on for almost a year.

MY PARENTS WOULD DESTROYYY ME IF THEY KNEW STUFF! :D Rebellion is so beautiful! Being whoever the heck I want is beautiful! Being happy is beautiful! *does cartwheels*

message 22: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments But the only computer I can use is in the middle of the loft. That means people downstairs can hear me and people upstairs can see me.

message 23: by Mel (last edited Apr 02, 2013 05:42PM) (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I just change tabs when people are coming. ^_^

I dunno, it's just... My mind is my sanctuary, and having secrets there, places to hide from my parents and what they believe in... I need that. Ya know? I'm not saying I rebel just to rebel or whatever. I need to be who I want to be, and they don't understand that. So I don't tell them much about me.

message 24: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments I wish my parents would let me be like that. Sometimes it's like they're trying to force me into peopleness. I don't like people. As we have discussed before, I am an introvert.

message 25: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments EXACTLY. Every day of my life, their goal is to change me. Make me normal. Ha. They don't even know how far from normal I am. My mother just told me today, pretty much threatened that she can take everything away from me if I don't start talking to people, being with people, being sociable, participating. They can't accept that their daughter is antisocial, and that she will always be that way. They think it's unhealthy. Not eating isn't healthy. Not exercising isn't healthy. Not learning anything isn't healthy. But don't you dare tell me not hanging out with people isn't healthy. The quietest people have the loudest minds, so let me scream my heart out inside, and enjoy peaceful silence outside. I'm happy that way.

message 26: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments That's what I think.

And I think you just summarized the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.

message 27: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I just get so infuriated when it comes to my parents. And happy at the same time, because of deciding to stop being nothing but good.

Then that is a pretty smart book. I like you, book. I would never read you, because you sound too nonfiction-y, but I respect you.

message 28: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments My thoughts exactly.

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Mwahaha, introverts and antisocials UNITE!!! :D

message 30: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Black Lotus ❤Letting Go Is the Hardest Part❤ wrote: "Cuz you're just boss that way.

WHOA
MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW A LOT EITHER
SHE DOESN'T KNOW I HAVE A GR EITHER
HAI FIVE"

*hai fives* *more cartwheels*

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I'm really late here XD
But my parents definitely know that I have a GoodReads account. Did I ask permission? No, but they have to know because I need to nerd out about GoodReads stuff to someone XD

message 32: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Nerding out would be nice. I nerd out in my mind...?

message 33: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments I nerd out about goodreads to people on goodreads. XD

message 34: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) XD
Well said.

message 35: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments My mom actually suggested I make an account so that she can write down the books I read and count them for school. I had my account for like a year before I discovered the world that is GR clubs!

message 36: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) When I first got GR I didn't know about groups at all OTL

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I originally made an account so I could track all the books I was waiting for! XD
I was not expecting all this awesomeness!

message 38: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) XD
BEHOLD
THE BEAUTIFULNESS
OF GOODREADS.

message 39: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments I discovered SSSSSOOOOOO many series on GR. I can't even remember how I FOUND books before GR. XD

message 40: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Same here. I don't even know anymore XD

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I used to just pick up books at the library that looked interesting, now that idea seems so absurd!

message 42: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) I still do that a lot of the time...XD

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I try not to, I have enough books on my to-read list XD

message 44: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Me too. But they don't have most of the books D:
So I just go browsing the New section...XD

message 45: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments Now I know about all the sequels and stuff and exactly when they come out, for all my books, not just the authors whose blogs I follow.

Robin recommended GR to me, and now I don't remember how I lived without it.

message 46: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments Me neither. XD This is the best website in the whole stinkin world. Tumblr second. XD

message 47: by LiveLoveTumble (new)

LiveLoveTumble | 1534 comments Me got it from Ducky and Kyra.
On a side note... whenever I'm skim reading posts, I always get Tumble and Tumblr mixed up XD

message 48: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) I just did that too...XD

message 49: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments LiveLoveTumblr, guys... XD

message 50: by LiveLoveTumble (new)

LiveLoveTumble | 1534 comments Hahaha that's me!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9