What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

John Benton
This topic is about John Benton
SOLVED: Children's/YA > teen drug addict books from the 60s, 70s, 80s

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Gibbons | 4 comments I use to read these books all titled after the teens name...and they were all about drug addicted teens who become prostitutes and such and then this one priest would go and find them and save them...does anyone remember those ones??? I have been looking for them for about 20 years....and today is the first time I have heard anyone get close to mentioning them..there was a whole series It was not Randy from Jack Thomas but similar

message 2: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) not sure..coupla wild guesses

blue sunshine
lisa, bright and dark
angel dust

message 3: by Andria (last edited Mar 20, 2013 05:15PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
I think you're thinking of John Benton. Each book usually had a girl's name, all very lurid and dangerous behavior, sex and drugs and runaways, and at the last minute they would find God and be Saved. Classic stuff.

message 4: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Gibbons | 4 comments Yes Andria....oh man thank you so much...I really have been looking for these since about 1986...in the early 80's I (regretfully) was not such a good kid and I spent some time in juvy in San Diego..long story short these books really touch and scared me at the same time...taught me alot, Thank you so much!!!

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
You're welcome! I'm glad to help. I love all those classic 80's books about teens in trouble. I even created a listopia http://www.goodreads.com/list/user_vo...

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Benton (other topics)